What's on your bedside table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I remember an exercise in my writing class- to list what the character we were writing about would have on their bedside tables. So.....

what's on yours? :sexywink:

I have a lamp, alarm clock, stickie notes, a pen, a highlighter, coaster, small book of quotes, a tiny ceramic jewelry box that holds one of adam's picks, picture of my boyfriend, my journal and six books.

:tongue:

At the moment.. a desk calendar, money, chapstick, alarm clock, string ( :eyebrow: ) kleenex, pencils, pens, TI89 calculator, some rings, empty picture frame, a bell from Dallas, and lotr: two towers

well, i don't have one...but on the part of my desk closest to my bed is:

alarm clock, a couple pictures, cds, my cd player..

i'm rather boring...:yawn:...

*goes and checks*

A lamp, alarm clock, one-year bible, pen, flash light, kleenex, chapstick, asthma inhaler, a collection of Valentine's day cards from my wife :sexywink:

I have a small lamp with a red lightbulb in it, a glass box with my Bono pick inside it (too funny Olive, we both have our picks by our beds:yes: ), a U2 coaster, my discman and a few cds, and some glow in the dark star figure thingies.....my alarm clock is on my husbands' nightstand....
edited to say I forgot the most important item, which is a statuette of Saint Francesco that my mother-in-law brought me from her home in Italy (God she would have killed me if she knew I hadn't remembered Saint Francesco, lol)

Last edited:
nbcrusader said:
a collection of Valentine's day cards from my wife :sexywink:

Awwwwwww!! :heart:

and how could i forget my kleenex? :rolleyes: it's on the floor but that's cuz I tossed it there to make room for my books :lol:

This is all in my bedside area, which includes the space below my actual table. I have a box of kleenex, a small pile of magazines, 3 books, my journals, a small black wrought iron basket in the shape of a bat (hello, Ozzy) with incense, a lighter and hair ties in it, a bottle of aromatherapy spray that I use when I have a hard time sleeping, my alarm clock, my lamp and my remote control.

Wow I can't believe how much stuff you guys have! And Olive? You have a boyfriend?? Since when? Pls. write and tell me all about that.

Anyway, I am positively SPARTAN by comparison. On top: Kleenex, clock, lamp.

Inside the drawer are an asthma inhaler, hand cream and eyedrops.

Underneath on a little shelf are 4 stuffed animals I couldn't bear to part with, lined up neatly in a row. (half chewed up hippo from babyhood, lion, rabbit and pig).

The end.

Lamp, alarm clock, pen, paper, phone, caller ID box.

Its a small table.

A lamp, clock radio, a bible, a Christmas card, a picture of my Dad, a crystal vase with dried roses from my wedding, Neutrogena body oil, Sephora lotion, a box of Godiva chocolates (2 missing), 2 books (Bush at War and Walk On/Spiritual Journey of U2), a heart shaped glass bowl filled with hair ties, pens and pencils, prayer cards, perfume samples, rubber bands, keys, receipts, junk etc. and 3 small princess statues from Disneyland (Cinderella, Snow White and Belle).

Despite how much junk I have in one small area, its not messy or cluttered and I still have room for a few more things.

Last edited:
I'm boring....

Alarm clock, little flashlight, and a bottle of nail polish at the moment. However, on the floor beside my bed is a literal pile of books I'm working on - and Kleenex :D

This may say more about me than I want it to.

Alarm clock, lamp, flashlight, Scargo oil, foot smoother cream, camomile skin cream, 4 books, chakra bookmark, a few used kleenex (sorry), some coins (one penny with a rubber band wrapped around it), 3 condoms, a pencil, a ray gun, a Goofy bike horn, an empty paper box, an ice cream coupon, and an inch-long dildo from an art opening. It's pink.

I guess one could say I'm a perverted slob. Actually, that's pretty accurate. But I'm a literate perverted slob. With bad feet.

Alarm clock, desk lamp, telephone, answering machine, earrings, breath mints, 3 books, Rubik's cube, hamster aquarium, 2 Barbie dolls, and a teddybear.

My "bedside table" is actually one of those old fashioned fliptop school desks. It used to be my grandpa's, and it was given to me when he died.

Re: This may say more about me than I want it to.

martha said:
Alarm clock, lamp, flashlight, Scargo oil, foot smoother cream, camomile skin cream, 4 books, chakra bookmark, a few used kleenex (sorry), some coins (one penny with a rubber band wrapped around it), 3 condoms, a pencil, a ray gun, a Goofy bike horn, an empty paper box, an ice cream coupon, and an inch-long dildo from an art opening. It's pink.

I guess one could say I'm a perverted slob. Actually, that's pretty accurate. But I'm a literate perverted slob. With bad feet.

an inch long?? :scratch:

I think you win the prize for originality Martha :up: :lol:

a lamp, my clock radio, Bath and Body Works Cotton Blossom body spray, my brush, my chapstick, the controls to my heating blanket, playbills from when I saw King Lear and The Three Pennyopera at the Stratford Festival, and the Two Towers book.

some of us don't have guitar pics from U2 members to keep by our bed... :angry: ;) :p

madonna's child said:
a lamp, my clock radio, Bath and Body Works Cotton Blossom body spray, my brush, my chapstick, the controls to my heating blanket, playbills from when I saw King Lear and The Three Pennyopera at the Stratford Festival, and the Two Towers book.

some of us don't have guitar pics from U2 members to keep by our bed... :angry: ;) :p

Hey! I saw King Lear at Statford too! With Christopher Plummer, right? It was AMAZING! (you're nopt Canadian, are you? Unless there's another Stratford Festival somewhere that I'm not aware of....) ...

anyway, my end table...

Alarm clock, lamp on a doiley thing, three candles, werid oramental-type object, stuffed little dolphin, cute little bowl for various things, chapstick, manicure scissors, polysporin, clean and clear face stuff, spool of black thread, ...ack, I need to clean up...

Victoria's Secret cream, picture of Daisy in a 'daisy' frame, another framed pic of me and my family, a small box filled with hair ties, a Disney's Tinker Bell doll still in the box, LOTR extended version DVD, Joseph and the Amazing Coat (read it to Daisy tonight before bedtime), a long stick besides my bed, another book filled with fairy tales for children, a glass of water, a box full of pics of myself and Daisy, and lots of cd's. yes, its cluttered too:lol::wave:

i have a huge groovy table aside my bed. there's not one on the other side, poor billy. but he likes sleeping against the wall. :huh:

on my table...

top shelf:
LOTS of chick-fil-a cows, including a santa cow
three century teddy bears (one for the 00's, 10's, and 20's) :love:
a white tiger, blue eyes and all :drool:

middle shelf:
alarm clark, glasses holder, a cool noisemaker (it can play six scenes: sea birds, summer night, song birds, sea waves - my favourite, babbling brook, and wind chimes), a box of earrings, my husband's deodorant, a box of my perfumes and such.

bottom shelf:
mainly my hubbie's magazines, cd spindle, and cd-roms.

underneath:
whatever gets accidentally shoved under there, like more magazines and cds. and i noticed my lion is stuffed under there :mad:

i like lions, since i'm a leo and all. :D

On my bedside table (which is actually on the other side of the room, but whatever) is my alarm clock, a bunch of blue pens, my retainer, two notebooks, a couple of writing folders, scrap paper, a little candle lantern, lotion, a blue glass bottle, a bottle of Advil and my journal.

Clock radio
a little London double decker bus
pictures
eyeglasses
books
CDs
Discman
U2 bible
drawings.

Back
Top Bottom