What's more romantic/better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unosdostres14

Refugee
If you are going to a restaurant with a girlfriend (or boyfriend if you're a girl) what seating arrangement do you think is better:

Sitting at a table where the person sits across from you. This way you can look at them more, but there's less interaction between you two (u2.....heehee)

OR

Sitting in a booth next to each other where you can hold hands and stuff....but you won't be looking at each other as much.

same siders are just weird, sorry. Would you really be holding hands all that much when you're eating anyways? :wink: The table is good because you could sit just to the left or right of boyfriend/girlfriend rather than across.

i always thought it looked weird when i see a couple sitting together on one side when there wasn't anyone else at the table with them :shrug:

i prefer being across, able to make eye contact, hold hands, carry on a conversation. save the snuggling next to each other for quiet times at home or on a comfy sofa :sexywink:

unosdostres14 said:

Sitting at a table where the person sits across from you.

I'll sit in a booth across from my "Love" instead of at a table !!
It's alot more private and definitely more romantic when you're secluded in a section away from everyone else. :drool:

definitely sitting across the table.

the same side of the booth thing smacks of co-dependency to me.

yes, i've been told, i'm bitter. i know. :wink:

LOL Dandy :)

Across here as well, maybe sit at the same side for the coffee/drink after the meal; but during dinner, definately across eachother, gotto love a good conversation with the girl/boy you love!

Another option is the kind of booth where the bench goes around the table so you are sitting not on the same side but one on the end and one on the side (kitty corner?) to each other. You can be closer and still look at each other.

Defintely across from each other. It seems weird when people sit on the same side of a booth. There is a couple every day at starbucks like that and she has a stuffed moose in her lap that she seems to talk through. Oh they make me sick:yuck: I'm starting to wonder if he might be a therapist:hmm:

most definitely across the table. i feel very strongly about this because of a bad experience with sitting side by side. :| heh

Doozer61 said:
eye contact, especially if glasses are involved :drool:

Especially if the glasses are being refilled regularly!

If you go out in a foursome it is correct etiquette to sit opposite your date and the other couple to sit next to the opposite sex.

Funny. I do this topic. I call it 'face to face or Side by Side?'. I like to hear the reactions. We're side by side.

Eliv8 said:

If you go out in a foursome it is correct etiquette to sit opposite your date and the other couple to sit next to the opposite sex.

really? so you get to sit next to your buddy's hot girlfriend? hmmm. . . :hmm:

Mrs. Edge said:
Another option is the kind of booth where the bench goes around the table so you are sitting not on the same side but one on the end and one on the side (kitty corner?) to each other. You can be closer and still look at each other.

In the States that's called a booth.........

I'm just hosing ya! :lol:

Mr. BAW said:
Eye contact is best...rubbing the knees from beneath the table, try ordering for her as well....

And keep the conversation going..... :wink:

Anybody I've ever dated would probably have killed me if I'd ordered for her, but then again, I usually end up with the really independent types. :lol:

Last night we had dinner with Doozer and Caron and after we sat down, Mr. BAW and I started laughing because without thinking, we sat next to each other instead of across...I ended up looking into Doozer's eyes over dinner :wink: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom