What's Everyone Doing This Weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
I'm going to see "Gosford Park" tonight.
I've heard good things.

How about ya'll?
biggrin.gif

Tonight's looking kind of dead right now. Tomorrow I'm going to go shopping in the afternoon, and maybe meet up with some friends later and have a few drinkies.
biggrin.gif

Sunday I told my dad I'd go to the Auto Show...eh, at least last weekend was fun.
icon24.gif

------------------
I know your garden's full
But is there sweetness at all?

~ watch pretty birds moving about in various habitats
~ watch LOTR again
~ read
~ become a glacier and see how that feels
~ write
~ jog
~ haMsTers r thE kUTest anamaLs onThe plAne t

------------------
"See the bird with a leaf in her mouth.."

[This message has been edited by hamsters (edited 01-11-2002).]

damn, I wanna see LOTR again.

probably I'll end up trying to finish up War and Peace tonite. Only 421 pages to go. woohoo!

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I'm also going to see Gosford Park tomorrow...and with a fellow U2 fan and forum member.
biggrin.gif

I also have plans in the works to meet up with a few other local fans/friends and do some U2 video watching over the weekend. woohoo!

tonite tho....nothing.
frown.gif

Dang, Sula.. what I wouldn't give to hang with kickass fellow U2 fans and appreciate movies and video together. But, alas, I'm surrounded by Bjork-obsessed (not a bad thing) computer programmers.
mad.gif

-Tonight I am either staying at home with my boyfriend to rent a movie, or we are going to see LOTR (again) with another couple.
-Tomorrow I am waiting for a furniture delivery in the morning, and going grocery shopping for my mother in the afternoon (she is sick in bed).
-Tomorrow night I will go to an irish pub with some of my friends for some Guinness.
-Sunday, Laundry, Cleaning, Relaxing!!!

Have a good weekend fellow interferer's

Well I've been home for break the past 3 weeks and I'm back at school so I'm heading to my favorite bar with all my friends. I've spent most of the day unpacking and cleaning my apartment though--not too fun. But I'm gonna have fun tonite dammit!
smile.gif

Tonight: Hanging out with my nephew. He's 5 today. After he goes to bed, I'm going to hit the local tavern to meet up with friends.

Tomorrow: Having 4 cavities filled @ 9:45 am. Then I got to go to Manhatten to drop off a rental car. After the dropoff, I'm going to meet up with MT in the city somewhere...go out to eat and maybe catch a play on the 1/2 price board. I want to see the blue guys perform. Go back to my house in SI after the city and either go to bed or catch/watch a movie.

Sunday: Drive MT to Penn Station in the morning. Go to the office to catch up on work. Work to 8pm or so and call it a night.

Hope you all enjoyed this snippet of CK's exciting life.

CK

Spending a lot of time with an old friend, and hopefully figuring out some of the confusion in my life.

Maybe I'll even take down my Christmas tree.

Today is my dad's birthday, so we might do something.

Tomorrow, a couple of my co-workers/friends and I might get together.

Sunday, I will be getting ready to start classes again on Monday. Yuck...

Oh yeah, I also need to clean my mouse (my pet mouse, not my computer mouse).

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 01-11-2002).]

Yep, school on Monday! I'm broke and I need to buy groceries and books. Hopefully I will get my refund check asap!

------------------
I've been walking Central Park
Singing after dark
People think I'm crazy

Tonight: Video at friends' house.

Tomorrow: Tat number seven goes on.

Sunday: Shopping for nieces' birthday gifts.

------------------
They say that magic and the science world collide
Oh, but Einstein saw me lookin' at her and he joined my side

Jonathan Richman
"A Higher Power"

I'm meeting up tonight with a few friends from high school/university, a couple of whom I haven't seen for quite a while, one of whom I had a fight with years ago and didn't really speak to again until we had a bridge-mending conversation just last week.

We're just going to have coffee and chat or something. I'm looking forward to it.

------------------
Your seven worlds collide
Whenever I am by your side
Dust from a distant sun
Will shower over everyone

-Crowded House

I'm also going to see Gosford Park tomorrow...and with a fellow U2 fan and forum member.
biggrin.gif

I also have plans in the works to meet up with a few other local fans/friends and do some U2 video watching over the weekend. woohoo!

tonite tho....nothing.
frown.gif

I have a feeling that whortense will also want to go and see Gosford Park this weekend because Ryan Phillipe is in it.

I'm probably hanging out at home tonight but tomorrow night I will go to see a Hana and No Futuro show at the Crocodile Cafe.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

well tonight i am going to be getting a little drunk.
then tommorow i wake up around 12 and start reading. i have a 45 minute presentation for which i must read about 400 pages of various books in precisely 2 weeks.
then sunday, assuming the reading has gone well i will be going to dinner with my girlfriend, her parents, and a potential future employer for the summer.

------------------
i was born for your magazine
i am trapped in the society page of your magazine

Maybe read a philosophy book or re-read my Kabuki graphic novel. More likely help my mother with her errands. Probably waste time.

foray

Just checking in today..

So, went and saw Gosford Park last night.
Wow! What a snoozefest! Amazing cast - amazing decor, direction, costuming, etc.. But everyone talks all at once and the sound recording is terrible! I know Altman is famous for this - but truly - for a murder mystery, when you're suppose to think about motives - how can you hear conversations when everyone talks at once. There are also evidently 32 speaking parts - most of which are not interesting, and so that's 32 names and characters you have to know (you don't remember most of them). The dialogue is so vague and hard to hear that you have no idea what's going on, and who is who.

Finally, it takes Altman 1 hour and 45 minutes to work up to the murder. That leaves about 30 minutes for the "whodunnit."
I won't give spoilers, but the result is a soft option. The murder is not the climax of the movie, unfortunately. I'm not sure if it had one.

As with any opinion, it's all subjective.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Calluna:

HelloAngel, there is one very important question that remains unanswered regarding Gosford Park: Was Ryan Phillipe hot in it???

Hey girl!

Yeah he was pretty hot!
biggrin.gif
Had a great Scottish accent too! Very surprising!

Originally posted by Like O2:
Cool! What'd get martha?

A sore arm!
No, it's brown, like the henna ones, and it's six Chinese/Tibetan leaves. That makes no sense unless you can see my fingers drawing them in the air. About 4 x 2 inches, and swollen at this point. I guess we'll just have to meet up in Vegas again so I can show it off!
My tattoo artist is so DAMN hot! I have to put my hand on his leg whenever he does my arms...yum.

------------------
They say that magic and the science world collide
Oh, but Einstein saw me lookin' at her and he joined my side

Jonathan Richman
"A Higher Power"

Update...

saw the Royal Tenenbaums tonight..
Was pretty good and much more shocking plot-wise than I would've thought.

Right now, I am drunk and playing my PS2.
What a life. What a life. teehee.

My weekend sucks so far. I'm bruised and battered and sore (me and my bike got nice and intimate with the pavement yesterday...), some idiot woke me up this morning with bass thumping out of his car for a good half hour, and I have to work till midnight tonight. Not to mention that a bunch of friends are going to Tahoe to ski this weekend, and I'm stuck here because of work.

But I need to keep busy and keep my mind off certain things or I'll end up a nervous wreck...

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 01-12-2002).]

HelloAngel, there is one very important question that remains unanswered regarding Gosford Park: Was Ryan Phillipe hot in it???

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

This weekend just keeps getting better.
rolleyes.gif

[rant]
Besides having a couple gashes and generally being battered and bruised from a biking accident, one of the bruises I got under my eye now looks like I got in a fight, cause it's basically a black eye. On top of that, I woke up today, sat up and nearly yelled from the pain. I must have pinched a nerve in my back, because there's no position that I can move where I don't feel the pain, and something as simple as putting on a t-shirt now becomes an exercise in pain control. Of course I still went to work because I really need the money. So here I am walking around extremely stiffly because my back is killing me, and because I'm not getting work done as quickly as usual, people give me looks like they think I'm faking it and/or just plain lazy. Nevertheless I stay till midnight doing work (the only other people left are 2 supervisors), and then ride home.

And here I am alone at home, while my brother and his fianc?e are out skiing in Tahoe. Add on top of this the gigantic heap of confusion, worry and uncomfortable situations in personal matters (and the fact that I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT - Aaaarggh!), and you have a recipe for one helluva depressing day. This is my life. *heavy sigh*
[/rant]

Pardon me while I go have a few beers...

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 01-13-2002).]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom