What's Everyone Doing This Weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(((Diemen)))

frown.gif

Thanks.
smile.gif

Today is only slightly better than yesterday, simply because I'm at home instead of at work. When it hurts to pick up a 10 pound cat, you know you're not gonna be doing much good in a warehouse. So I've some spent time with an icepack on my back, reading and listening to music, and generally keeping my mind occupied. So far it's working alright, but damn, this weekend has sucked big time.

------------------
And I don't know why a man
Search for himself in his lover's eyes
No I don't know why a man
Sees the truth but needs the lies

Well, I became a glacier yesterday, but I don't think it's something I want to do very often. It's really not all that interesting being so cold and distant. During the time that I was moving that 1 millimeter, I had a lot of time to think. I thought of all of the parents back in Tucson going to the park with their kids. I thought about ostriches, and how much it would hurt to be kicked by one. I imagined travelling to Australia and finding all kinds of cool critters in the Outback. I thought of rushing to get ready for school when I was a kid, while the familiar music of the morning news played in the background.

I did see LOTR again with my mom. She really enjoyed it, as I knew she would. She was bummed out by the ending that leaves you hanging, but she understood that there are two more movies on the way. She was on the edge of her seat (not literally of course) during much of the movie.

I took many photos of this amazing sunset we had here about a week ago, and I finally got the film developed this weekend.

I did a lot of writing, but then I didn't go bird watching or jogging.

I rediscovered the song "Piezo" by Autechre, and it made me wonder about angels.

I was criticized.
wink.gif

Overall, it was a good weekend, but I really wish I would have gone jogging.

Sorry you had such a bad weekend, Diemen.
frown.gif
Maybe the next one will be better.

------------------
"You run! run! run! run aaaannd not grow weeaarry.."

[This message has been edited by travu2 (edited 01-13-2002).]

[This message has been edited by travu2 (edited 01-13-2002).]

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
So, went and saw Gosford Park last night.
Wow! What a snoozefest!

lmao. Wow, I was just about to weigh in and say how absolutely delightful "Gosford Park" is.
smile.gif
In my opinion, the casting was fabulous, and the director did a wonderful job of letting the audience piece together their relationships and intricacies. All in all, a completely enjoyable film, and I intend to see it again. However, I do agree that the volume level could have been a bit higher, as I was straining to catch some of the conversations. The movie was NOT a whodunnit in the strictest sense, but rather a study of social microcosms and the upstairs/downstairs world of that era. Two thumbs up.
biggrin.gif

-sula

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
lmao. Wow, I was just about to weigh in and say how absolutely delightful "Gosford Park" is.
smile.gif
In my opinion, the casting was fabulous, and the director did a wonderful job of letting the audience piece together their relationships and intricacies. All in all, a completely enjoyable film, and I intend to see it again. However, I do agree that the volume level could have been a bit higher, as I was straining to catch some of the conversations. The movie was NOT a whodunnit in the strictest sense, but rather a study of social microcosms and the upstairs/downstairs world of that era. Two thumbs up.
biggrin.gif

-sula

LOL, Sula!

I thought the movie was well made in the social caste sense, but it just was so hard to hear, and with so many characters, I wasn't able to pick up on who each was, and then to apply that to who was involved in who or what. It was a shame, though, because I love English period film, and was totally ready to love this one as well. Especially seeing my girl Emily Watson in such a cute role! I love her - I wish she had more movies coming out. I don't think I'll ever get over Breaking the Waves.
smile.gif

(((hugs Sula))))

Friday and Saturday will be fun I'm sure, but Sunday I get to go to brunch with a few Interferencers and other local U2 fans and Monday (three day weekend!!!) Starsailor is opening up for the Charlatans UK. Looking forward to a good weekend.

Originally posted by zonelistener:
Friday and Saturday will be fun I'm sure, but Sunday I get to go to brunch with a few Interferencers and other local U2 fans

Weird...that's what I'm doing on Sunday too. hmmmm.

wink.gif

I am feeling better - this weekend has been pretty good overall. Nothing really good has happened, but nothing really bad has happened either, and I'm no longer sore and/or wearing bandages. There's still the confusion in personal matters, but I've learned to control my impulse to worry myself to death over it.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom