What's better? "The Bends" or a compilation of the best tunes from both Coldplay albu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
What's better? "The Bends" or a compilation of the best tunes from both Coldplay albu

that's "albums" btw.

:eyebrow:

go.

you could have cut down on the number of characters, thus eliminating the "albu" problems by naming this thread "apples vs. oranges".

Considering it's one of my 'desert island' discs, I'd have to go with The Bends, the Japanese import version.
The bonus tracks are How Can You be Sure? and Killer Cars :drool:

Also, I seem to have lost my copy of this CD :mad:
So if anyone finds it, please let me know :(

Personally, I'd pick:

- A Rush Of Blood To The Head (One of my favourite albums ever, and my opinions don't change much)
- The Bends
- Parachutes

So, I guess the answer to the original question would have to be Coldplay, although if I was making a compilation, could I add a couple of B-sides, One I Love and Crests Of Waves?

:reject: being that i like radiohead a lot more than i do coldplay i find it painful to say i might have to go with coldplay....

oh shit, i find it more painful to say i mistook the bends with pablo honey for a second, being THE BENDS i will go with it instead of coldplay....
if it were coldplay vs. pablo honey then i would sadly drop my head and get in the coldplay line

I'm going with Coldplay, give me Kid A anyday though over Coldplay and the Bends anyday, any week, any year btw how about i get to choose Modern Life is Rubbish by Blur?

Very good question. Where do we go from here? The words are coming out all weird, where are you now...when I need you?

The Bends!

The Bends

And boo to whoever said Radiohead is getting boring now. Hail to the Thief was a very interesting record.

TheFly84138 said:

And boo to whoever said Radiohead is getting boring now. Hail to the Thief was a very interesting record.

I agree with your booing.

Everything they've done lately is far more interesting to me than anything they did early on.

u2popmofo said:

Everything they've done lately is far more interesting to me than anything they did early on.

i'm not really defending the person who was booing, because i agree with you on the more recent stuff being more interesting. but for some reason, i still like pablo honey better than anything else they've done.

maybe i'll change my mind now that i finally own the bends, though.

u2popmofo said:
My baby's got the bends

:up:

And I thank you for buying it for me. :wink:

IWB, I am glad you like Pablo Honey. I have no problem with it being your favorite. 'Blow Out' = :drool:

u2popmofo said:

I agree with your booing.

I agree (Kid A is my favorite) but I couldn't live without The Bends and Ok Computer either. I guess that's why they're pretty much my favorite band: I love it all.

coldplay = radiohead ultra-lite. what's the point?

that's like if you're chosing a starting pitcher for your team in 1996, and you can have any pitcher in the world. do you pick anyone BUT greg maddux? come on.

i'm sorry jofo, this was just a bad question. coldplay is music for the masses, and while that's fine for pop purposes, it gets its ass royally kicked by anything radiohead has ever done.

Back
Top Bottom