What's better for a massage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think oil feels better, don't have to reapply as often but it's harder to remove after you're done. I had the most incredible massage in Hawaii, we splurged and got dual massages on our honeymoon - heaven!

I've just used the last of my favourite, I hope they still produce it

I love the heady sandalwood/orange blossom oil. It is a very powerful one that is something that makes me happy.....to be able to still smell it hours later. I have one called Peaches and Dreams too. I am seriously considering buying a massage table as a family Christmas present actaully. I seem to be the giver, not the receivee and reaching down to the level of our bed is starting to do my old back in. I'll probably faint when I see the price of them..ah well, what's new?
Short answer love?
OIL
almond base, play with the fragrances.

If we are talking a post sport/injury massage I use deep heat or and Australian product Goanna Oil ewwwwwww. :eeklaugh:
**cass chaecks original post**

complimentary? I suppose the lotion would soak in and be benefical and the oil just feels good. Very complimentary.
How about "olive" oil? ummm why do you ask?
Did I say short answer?
have fun:wave:

Re: I've just used the last of my favourite, I hope they still produce it

Thanks to everyone for resonding!! :D

the only place that i know that sells them is Bath & Body works, but I only like the kind that puts you to sleep. :yawn: Where else should I look (Cass you mentioned the sandalwood/orange one).

cass said:
Short answer love?
OIL
almond base, play with the fragrances.

complimentary? I suppose the lotion would soak in and be benefical and the oil just feels good. Very complimentary.
How about "olive" oil? ummm why do you ask?
Did I say short answer?
have fun:wave:

:D thanks! olive oil :sexywink:

I ask because i lost a bet and owe someone a massage but its ok- i've a feeling i'll enjoy it! :p

thx! :yes:

Bath & Body works has a really good Massage lotions. I like that the best. It is not messy like oil can be and it eventually absorbes into the skin like lotion but just not right away.

I was going to say lotion so you do not hqave to wash it off like oil.

I would take ANY massage however using any ingredients possible, which brings up a curious dilemma I always find myself in:

I do not like to get massages from men as I simply do not like it when another man puts his hands on me (the first to call me a homophobe will get their ass kicked, simply untrue), I just prefer the touch of a woman.

Now the problem is this, a woman (from experience I have had) massuese typically gives a much lighter massage, and I think it is rude to ask for her to do it harder, thus I find myself asking for 'deep tissue' massages and the like.

I really just want a regular massage given by a woman with very very strong hands...

Thank you for starting this thread olive

As often happens, something here prompted me to take action....and as often happens it has had a good result.

I decided I had best find out if I can still get my fave oil. I was a bit worried the company may have folded. I made a couple of phone calls and ended up speaking to the man himself(at some length) who makes the orange blossom oil I love so much. For the record it's made by Spectrum it's their Tao range and the orange one is called "Ease and Receptivity" I thought the old guy was going to put a bottle in his car and drive it down here. He was a cool old dude. So , soon, I should have a new bottle...YAY!!!

Ouizy, I understand exactly what you mean. I'm not that fond of anyone touching me, male or female. A lot of my friends are massage therapists and natural healers. i am sometimes given vouchers for free treatment as a gift. I haven't collected on any of them. When i can get over my hangup and let someone near, I usually enjoy/benefit from it....so it's a shame to be like that really. But how 'tis.
I am currently helping fund-raise for a young surfing friend(she can go to WA for the National Junior titles but she needs $$$) We have a raffle going - holiday accomodtaion prize, 3rd prize is a remedial massage....I have had a couple of people, including myself say, ewww, we don't want 3rd prize.
So you are not alone.

Anyway, the upshot, I know where to get my theraputic oils from now. I like it when things like that happen.

Funny thing, a hat like the one ouizy is wearing today made me laugh the other day, I'll refrain from telling the tale, but hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhha ha ha ha ha

Back
Top Bottom