Whats all the fuss about Radiohead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ponkine said:

OVERHYPED? by whom? Since 2000 they've made almost no singles, no promo videos, no interviews, no MTV, no Super Bowl, no Oprah, no iPod, no commercials, etc, etc. Nowhere near as the amount of canned s*** that surround every new U2 release, Bono's moneytalks, Grammys and Rolling Stones magazine included :censored:

Overhyped by the elites or so-called "sophisticates." (Lazarus, 2008, 3).

Radiohead are actually underpromoted by the mainstream scene. Here's hoping the Greatest Hits does something to reverse this a wee bit. And that's not to say they should play at the Superbowl thing, or on Oprah. Just that they should be given better radio exposure. In Australia they get bugger all, except on the "indietastic" JJJ, who are a contradictory and hypocritical radio station.

What makes the whole thing immensely frustrating is that Radiohead's music is very accessible. Songs like Bodysnatchers, Idioteque, There There, Jigsaw should be allowed to have the mass reach and appeal that it is capable of.

intedomine said:
Overhyped by the elites or so-called "sophisticates." (Lazarus, 2008, 3).

What is that supposed to be, like quoting a Bible verse? :huh:

The word of our lord.
Thanks be to Laz.

corianderstem said:

What is that supposed to be, like quoting a Bible verse? :huh:

The word of our lord.
Thanks be to Laz.

Does this make Lance's Mom the Virgin Mary? Or is that too funny to be true?

LemonMacPhisto said:
Does this make Lance's Mom the Virgin Mary? Or is that too funny to be true?

Since I was referring to Lazarus, it would have no reference to Lance's Mom. Unless laz and Lance are brothers, in which case I've missed something huge. :wink:

corianderstem said:

Since I was referring to Lazarus, it would have no reference to Lance's Mom. Unless laz and Lance are brothers, in which case I've missed something huge. :wink:

In a Big Brother program kind of way.

lazarus said:
I think I'm going to be sick.

Good news for Lance, he might get to be Zooey's brother in law.

Easy there fella, you know how I feel about rape.

That may or may not be a threat..

It may or may not be directed towards you...

Back
Top Bottom