What's a really good hand cream?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
I have started drinking milk again, and I think it's making my hands dry....I am trying a number of new body lotions too, which may also have something to do with it...but anyway, does anyone here have very dry hands? What skin cream do you recommend?

For very dry skin, Eucerin will work. It's like extra strength cuz it was alpha hydroxy in it. If you stick w/ any name brands (also vaseline intensive care lotion) you should be fine. :) :wave:

I really like Asira lotion. I first found it at the Raddison Hotels, it was the free sample bottle they'd leave in the hotel rooms for guests. So if you stay at a Raddison Hotel, you can get it there for free :sexywink: they also have a website where you can order it. Those are the only places I've ever seen it. http://www.asirabodycare.com/

I also like the Neutrogena Norweigan Formula Hand Cream.

I seem to remember a thread here in Lemonade Stand a while back about Hand Lotions...you might want to do a search for it.

Oh, you're right! Thanks, Abel! Sorry for the repetition guys...but I appreciate the advice. I don't know if we even have Bath & Body or Eucerin here....anyway, I will try everyone's choices and see how it goes. :)

I agree about Vaseline Intensive Care.. I get the one in the blue bottle (water resistant).

Mrs. Edge said:
Oh, you're right! Thanks, Abel! Sorry for the repetition guys...but I appreciate the advice. I don't know if we even have Bath & Body or Eucerin here....anyway, I will try everyone's choices and see how it goes. :)

I'll bring you a tube of Eucerin on Friday :sexywink: :yes:

My cousin got me hooked on L'Occitane's shea butter hand cream. It's a little pricey but lasts forever...you can roll the tube down like a toothpaste tube and get every single bit. I have tube at work that I've had since Christmas and still have half of it left and I use it all the time.

Well I think Vaseline Intensive Care works the best out of anything you can buy at Target, drugstore..... but I'm obsessed with the Body Shop and their body butter. It's expensive, about $16.00 for the large container, but it works wonders! Plus it comes in all different scents and none of them make me sneeze! (I have really bad allergies)

oliveu2cm said:
For very dry skin, Eucerin will work. It's like extra strength cuz it was alpha hydroxy in it. If you stick w/ any name brands (also vaseline intensive care lotion) you should be fine. :) :wave:

Eucerin works great! Although, it tends to be greasy so I only use it before bed. Another great, and inexpensive, treatment is Bag Balm. Downside is that it's also pretty greasy and has a somewhat unpleasant odor, so that's another thing to use on really rough patches before bedtime.

When my hands get dry during the day, I use hand cream from Aveda. It's greasy initially, but soaks in really fast and smells great! :sexywink:

Best handcream ever is Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Lotion with Vitamin B5, E and Wheat Germ Oil.
:heart: Sun-Ripened Raspberry :heart:

Unfortunately it is American... amazing stuff. Otherwise I'd say Vaseline Intensive Care.

Both creams leave your hands feeling moisturised and silky without that greasy oh my god I can't touch anything for hours feeling.

;)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Neutrogena Hand Cream.

Just a dab'll do ya. :up:

:yes: I had some of the worst dry hands you've ever seen last winter... cracked and bleeding and all that good stuff... and Neutrogena healed them soooo quick. The only downside is that it does leave your hands feeling greasy for a while, but for me, it was worth it :)

Aveeno makes really good lotion. I use the unscented (scented lotions are known to dry out hands) Daily Moisturizing Lotion and it really works well. Good luck to you and yours!

I love Crabtree & Evelyn's Gardener's Hand Therapy cream.

Smells great, leaves your hands so soft. :)

If you really want to kill those dry hands here is the best way.

Cover your hands with Vasoline and wear gloves when you go to bed at night. At the same time increase your H20 intake. Make it a habit to drink water through the day.

Brougt to you by your interference pharmacist:)

If you don't like this method use Eucerine lotion or Neutrogena

Back
Top Bottom