What's a good 1st guitar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl91289

War Child
My best friend brought her 1960's acoustic guitar to my house, and taught me how to play a few chords. I can now play the very beginning of Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles, and I really like playing the guitar. She said I was pretty good for a beginner with no pick( i had to play with my fingers instead). I really like the guitar, and want to save up for one. What's a good 1st acoustic guitar, ( if there is a big difference in brands- i don't know much about guitars)and about how much do they generally cost? Thanks!

My first was a used Yamaha for $100. Then I moved on to a vintage Martin (1948) that my then-boyfriend, a guitarist, scored for me from a pawn shop. He paid $500 15 years ago and I'm sure it's worth thousands. I guess pawn shops are good places to get guitars, if you're into that sorta thing (pawn shops, I mean).

I don't want to step on any toes... well not too rigorously at least.

--- > move to EBBTTRT forum.

There's many a helpful thread for beginners.

As for advice, go for just about anything. Preferrably something thick to build up your hand and wrist strength.

Danelectro makes some good hollow-bodied electrics that have an acoustic sound. They sound great whether they're plugged in or not. They're usually inexpensive on e-bay. Danelectros are my favorite type of guitar--the hubby and I have three of them.

Back
Top Bottom