What was your first ever concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueeyedgirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Tell us who or what was your first concert. It could be U2, Pink Floyd or the Wiggles. Spill the beans!

Ok, me.

Duran Duran, Australia 1982. I was three rows from the front and right in front of the speakers. I was deaf in my right ear for 3 days. :rockon:

Chicago in the summer of '94 or '95. I mean the band, not the city.

:|

November 4 2004.

The Finn Brothers Live @ The Max Sessions.

Although an 8 song free TV performance probably isnt a concert.

So... December 2 2004

The Finn Brothers Live @ Sydney's State Theatre.

Black Sabbath 1973. Kooyong Tennis Stadium. Melbourne. Somehow I talked my mum into letting me go with my older cousins ( I was 13 - they were all of 15). Practically front row seats - headbanging heaven if I recall! :lol:

What an intro to rock'n'roll for a naive 13 year old from the burbs. :)

blueeyedgirl said:
Duran Duran, Australia 1982.

OMG :love: We are twins. Duran Duran, Australia, 1982 was my first ever concert too. Except I was up in the bleechers. I can still recall the sea of pink harem pants. Not a male in sight. lol.

I am not really sure but i think it was Metallica back in 1991.

Re: Re: What was your first ever concert?

beli said:

OMG :love: We are twins. Duran Duran, Australia, 1982 was my first ever concert too. Except I was up in the bleechers. I can still recall the sea of pink harem pants. Not a male in sight. lol.
Fuck Beli, you're starting to scare me! :wink: I remember getting to the theatre in Adelaide and standing outside watching all the New Romantics glide in with their capes and white faces and vertical hair. I will definitely always remember the SCREAMING when Duran came on. Oh be still my quaking heart!

Re: Re: Re: What was your first ever concert?

blueeyedgirl said:

I will definitely always remember the SCREAMING when Duran came on. Oh be still my quaking heart!

I remember the screaming. And not just when they came on but during the entire bloody show :crack:

U2 Elland Road Leeds 1987. with The Fall, The Mission and The Pretenders, a lot of THE bands in them days!:wink:

INXS in 89 or 90. Cant quite remember. Sydney Entertainment Centre lol. My parents sat out in the foyer area waiting for me and my sister as it was our first show. Suicide Blonde was the first song and after it finished, he sauntered to the front of the stage, paused while posing and staring at everyone and then yells out "How the fuck are you, Sydney?" I grabbed my sister's arm and said "He swore! Mum and dad wont come and take us home, will they?"
:lol:

I've been to tons of festivals so I'll mention the first prope stand-alone concert.

Polysics - July 22nd 2004.

Mind-blowing! Absolutely stunning stuff, the amount of energy those guys have is insane!!

Back
Top Bottom