What was your favorite Brady Bunch episode or quote?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A|catura

Acrobat
As sad as it is, I've seen every episode at least 4 or 5 times each. I know, I know! Pathetic!! LOL!!

My favorite episode has to be either the one about Johnny Bravo or when:

Greg dreams of getting rich with a song he wrote, but needs $150 to pay for the recording session.

Peter suggests that the six Brady children do the vocal since family groups are so successful and that they share the costs. The plan goes sour when Peter's voice changes and they can't reset the recording date. In the episode the Brady Bunch kids sing two original songs, "Time to Change" and "We Can Make the Whole World a Lot Brighter".

Oh ya... and I can't forget one of the all time best quotes "Pork Chops and applesauuuce."

photo.gif

------------------
-------------------------

www.LP.org

[This message has been edited by S|aney (edited 02-15-2002).]

GREAT topic!!

I prefer the 'Silver Platters' song episode to the 'time to change'(it was so corny, why not just leave Peter in and let him lip synche?) I love the songs from the talent show, "Sunshine Day" and that "Flyin' down the highway" one.

Favorite quotes:

Marcia: "I'll never forget that football game as long as I live....oh my nose! Oh my nose! Oh my nose.......!"

"I'm looking forward to the intellectual stimulation"

Other favorite Brady moments:

Peter thinking he was a 'hero' and making an ass of himself

Jan thinking she is a 'no talent loser'

All of Bobby's fantasies, including the basketball star on an alien planet and the pool table champ.

Cindy's 'I'm a television star' and then how she freezes up on TV!

The ghost and UFO episodes are priceless. I love how the kids conspire to scare Alice, but it backfires as the parents come home early and walk into the trap and Mom's sculpture is destroyed. One of the funniest things I have ever seen is when the girls bet the boys they can't spend the night in the attic without being scared, and Marcia rigs up that fake looking cellophane ghost and plays a tape with what is obviously her voice saying "I must rise and walk tonight!" It was just as funny with the fake UFO that Bobby fell for and the noises it made!

I have to say I usually felt sorry for Greg, I think the parents were unfair to him many times, like in the 'those are your exact words' episode.

Finally, a thread about my bitchin' life! Well, I really loved being in Hawaii, epsecially because the groovy chicks there loved watching me surf. But that wipe-out was gnarly!

Remember that time I tricked everyone into thinking there was that UFO? That was pretty cool.

Also, I love watching Marcia get hit in the face with the football--she sure is sexy when she's mad!

Unfortunately for all of you, no one ever got to see the time I made special brownies and Alice got to them first (she's got quite a sweet tooth). Anyway, she sure had a blast doing laundry that night! It was far-out!

------------------
Far Out, Man!

I'm a huge Brady Bunch fan -- I have seen all the episodes dozens of times. Anyway, unless you are like me and a crazy fan, you won't remember my quote..

"What do you mean?" - Jan. Jan is the goofiest person and she has the FUNNIEST face expressions of them all. She had this really bug-eyed expression and tone when she said that. OH! I love this one..

"Mrs. Marcia Dentist." - Marcia of course. It's the episode where she falls for her dentist and is so moon-eyed and then she finds out he's married.

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Definately the one where Davey Jones takes Marcia to the prom. I was always a fan, but then I met him. Davey Jones really is pretty groovy.

I like the one with the ufo, and the one where Peter breaks the vase.

Hmm.. or the Grand Canyon one. Or the Hawaii one..

I like the Marcia date episode where she get's asked out by Doug the big football star.

She refer's to him as the "Big Man on Campus".

She already had a date and had to dump him. She was advised to use the excuse "something suddenly came up". Then came the "Oh my nose" part and when Doug saw her nose, he used the same line on her.

I also liked the Harvey Klinger episode. Oh and remember when Jan had the imaginary boyfriend, George Glass.

I am just a wealth of useless information! I was a total brady addict when I was kid. I still watch the reruns sometimes on Nick.

Originally posted by oktobergirl:
I also liked the Harvey Klinger episode. Oh and remember when Jan had the imaginary boyfriend, George Glass.

thats the one i was trying to remember! lol

------------------
lilsparky:
did you like the pics i took of my favorite band?
viktor:
actually had a dream about larry mullen last night...not a gay dream but a weird dream.....
lilsparky:
really?
lilsparky:
what was it about?
viktor:
yeah...we were going to a party and all my high school friends walked along him and then Bono rushed out and said something weird and that guy from the pouges...shane mac Gowan came and we all showered in sugar
viktor:
weird

I HATE The Brady Bunch!!!!!!! Haw haw!
Party on, Waney!!!!!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 02-15-2002).]

Well.....if I don't HAVE a boyfriend.....I'll just make up a boyfriend..... his name?

GEORGE.

GEORGE GLASS.

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona
The Man Corral

My favorite episode has got to be the one where Bobby pretends to be dying to get Joe Namath to come visit him. HEY! Maybe I can try that with BONO!
wink.gif
LMAO do you think I'll work?!
biggrin.gif

It was hilarious! Funniest quotes-

Cindy: "I wrote the letter, he just moaned and groaned"

Dear Mr. Namath- My name is Bobby Brady and I'm writing to you because I am very, very sick"

Joe Namath (Seeing Jan and Marcia bring in a stretcher for their first aid class and thinking it's for 'dying' Bobby) "Looks like we barely made it before the stretcher got here."

Joe said to the parents, "excuse me but you don't seem to be taking this very seriously"

Mrs. Brady: "Well when you have 6 kids something like this is bound to happen to one of them!" (of course they are talking about him wanting to meet Joe and she doesn't know at that time Bobby is faking sickness and Joe thinks she's terrible!)

Joe Namath said he was glad Bobby was not sick and was flattered someone would go to so much trouble to meet him!

In the end, all Bobby's friends come over to play football with Joe Namath. Bobby had told them he was his best friend and he always had dinner at his house when he was in town, but lied. When he tried to tell them the truth, they didn't believe him!

Back
Top Bottom