What was your fave toy as a kid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had play dishes so we could play house outside. Mudpies in the plastic dishes, fresh cut grass as garnish, and dandelions to top it all off! We would let them "cook" in the sun. Man, that was fun.
Inside toys weren't as fun. Barbie was ok, I had a barbie house.
The little people who had cars and houses, I don't know what they are called, we had a bunch of those. They had no arms or legs, anyone remember them? They had the hole on the bottom of them, so if you had little fingers, you could put them on your finger.
Dammit, I wish I knew what they were called. I think they were my favorite inside toy.

I loved my Bristle Blocks (does anyone remember those?). Until I left them out on the Living Room Floor and my dad stepped on one with his bare feet (OUCH!!) Then they were tossed.

Barbie was cool, but I always ended up chopping off her hair
biggrin.gif

------------------
Daisy :)

She's standing at the station with her face pressed up against the glass.

"Jon, why can't you do what Bono says"--The Daily Show

Great Thread Ana!!

My favorite toy was Fisher Price Mini People. I had everything, the farm, the house, the little car, the trailer, Sesame Street, etc. I could play for hours.

------------------
***Spinny***
OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY! (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

All of my Barbies, which I still love and buy more of.
smile.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by spinninghead77:

My favorite toy was Fisher Price Mini People. I had everything, the farm, the house, the little car, the trailer, Sesame Street, etc. I could play for hours.

I had the house, the farm, Main Street, and the airplane! I still have it all somewhere...loved that stuff!

------------------

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
The little people who had cars and houses, I don't know what they are called, we had a bunch of those. They had no arms or legs, anyone remember them? They had the hole on the bottom of them, so if you had little fingers, you could put them on your finger.
Dammit, I wish I knew what they were called. I think they were my favorite inside toy.

They were called just that, Fisher-Price "Little People." I had the Sesame Street set and an airplane and airport.

But as I got older, my favorites were Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars, as well as the fake Sears Legos that zonelistener mentioned. I also liked Lincoln Logs (or was it 'Linking Logs'?).

~U2Alabama

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 02-12-2002).]

Legos!

and Lincoln Logs, GI Joe (hey, I had one playmate...a brother
tongue.gif
) and the occasional Barbie.

Yeah I loved My Little Ponies... Also Ninja Turtles. My bro got me into them. Holy crap I had tons! I was Leonardo.
biggrin.gif

I had Thundercat, He-Man, and M.A.S.K. action figures. I never went for the GI Joe or Transformers, but Thundercats were da dope!

My Star Wars action figures and Lego definately rate the highest.
From there I'd say my barbies and Strawberry Shortcake dolls. lol
I was a confused child... can anyone say Tomboy stuck in a white laced dress? lmao!!

------------------
...there's so much doubt in every heart,
for all our faults we carry on

Legos rock. My brother and I grew up on those things. I remember a highlight was when we got our first big Technics set - a yellow biplane with working flaps, elevators and engine/propeller. My little brother now gets to reap the benefits of our Lego collection, he's got a huge bin full of legos, plus he's gotten some of the new Star Wars legos (which are damn cool, I'll admit
biggrin.gif
).

We also used Construx - anyone remember those?

Originally posted by Danospano:
I had Thundercat, He-Man, and M.A.S.K. action figures. I never went for the GI Joe or Transformers, but Thundercats were da dope!

M.A.S.K. - those were sweet and never get enough love.

LEGOS are my top pick.

Punky Brewster doll
CareBear
Cabbage Patch Kids- I had 3 of the ugly dolls
My Little Ponies
Echo mic- my best friend and i would dress up and be rock stars. We even had a band.I played the bells.
Barbie Camper Van.
I loved the Rockstar Barbies. "Barbie and The Rockers"I had the one with the red hair.

ThunderCats- what a flashback
Thunder
Thunder
Thunder
Thunder Cats!

Cabbage patch kids, Inchworm, Rainbow Brite, Milky the Marvelous Milking cow, even Strawbery Shortcake.

I slept with Bedtime Bear, a Care Bear.

I had all the Return of the Jedi action figures too.

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

[This message has been edited by Autumn454 (edited 02-12-2002).]

My favorite toys were:

a purple remote controlled dune buggy

A big blue stuffed giraffe that was as big as I was

Light Brite

pac man (the desk top console)

Originally posted by mocool12:
Also Ninja Turtles. My bro got me into them. Holy crap I had tons! I was Leonardo.
biggrin.gif

The boy who lived next door to me loved Ninja Turtles, so I started collectin' 'em too...have a box of 'em stored somewhere!

Along with My Little Ponies...

*wants to dig up old toys!*
smile.gif

------------------

my two toy horses, one a palomino and a dark brown one (with movable legs!) and (does anyone remember this??) my "Incredible Edibles" maker - talk about dangerous by today's standards, it had a little hot plate in the middle, and this gooey stuff you'd put into molds, "cook" them and EAT them! Even 30 years later, I can *still* remember the taste and texture of those things!
biggrin.gif

disco

CareBears, Cabbage Patch kids, all my baby dolls really... plus I LOVED Jem and the Holograms!

------------------
Holy Jesus, Holy rock and roll...

[This message has been edited by She ls Raging (edited 02-12-2002).]

-My lovey doggie...
biggrin.gif

-BARBIE!!!! (I have Ken too... but he's ugly.
tongue.gif
)
-Legos
-Ninja Turtles
-echo mic (Hehe manda, I did that too!!
biggrin.gif
I really want to know how the mic works...)
-A electric toy car which is bigger than me. (at that time, sure) I could drive it around and scare my neightbours.
biggrin.gif

-A huge toy bear. I love sleeping in its arms.

...and a lot more which I can't remember right now.

smile.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 02-12-2002).]

I LOVED THE MINI PEOPLE!!!!

Also a big light bright fan.
As funny as it sounds, I also had a thrilling time playing around in this tent bed... it's just a tent that you hook to your mattress and sleep in.

I also collected the Disney barbie dolls... I had Cinderella, Prince Charming, Snow White, etc.

Let's seeee--Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony... ohhh and these little barbie lookin' dolls with long skirts that suction to the floor when you push on their head and then pop up in the air... I don't remember the name though... I think it had something to do with Cherry Merry Muffin.

I was really enthralled with My Little Pony.

------------------
I'm only asking, but I think you know.

"This is so bad it's gone way past good and back to bad again." - Enid, Ghost World.

Back
Top Bottom