What was YOUR dream?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiki

New Yorker
mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it
When you were in highschool or college, did you strive to get where you wanted to be?

How many of us are really working the jobs we want to do?

I just made it through 4 years of college to come out with one degree in the medical field, and decided to go back for my BA in English and Writing. Totally opposite ends of the spectrum, eh?
:wink: :tongue:

My High School dream was this cheerleader named Dana Fairchild. Man, did I wanna paint her fence.:drool:

Last edited:
lmao paint her fence?! haha i have never heard that expression before.

my dream in high school was to hook up with the star quarter back and pitcher of my rival high school. :heart: massive crush i had on him.

:sigh:

other dream which is in my senior yearbook under my name : to be wealthy and happy.

very simple. i am not sure what happend to the wealth part. ;)

Last edited:
In my 8th grade yearbook, most people said they wanted to be rich or wealthy when they grew up.

I said I wanted to be an architect.

I am an architect so I guess the answer to your question is that I followed through and am doing what I said I wanted to when I was 13.

Kinda scary.

I wanted to live in England and do something in history when I was in high school/college.

Before that I wanted to be a vet.

Now I'm living in England and getting an MA in history, but I want to be a vet. :huh:

I just wanted to live in NYC and go to concerts all the time.

I did that, yes I did.

once i was told in 5th grade i should be a stand up comedian.

it could happen.

i really just want to be a history prof at a university i actually like.

so in 30 years after i get my doctorate and stuff, maybe i'll be doing that.

or i'll be on a stage telling jokes.

whichever.

I've been told all through my not so academical career that I should consider doing stand up comedy

I really wanted to become an auditor though

My dream was for one day... someone would steal a thread idea I posted only hours ago.

:up:

:sexywink:

I'm still in High School and my dream is... just see my signature ;)

Edit: I forgot it, in less of a month will be made reality :D

Last edited:
I didn't have a dream, more like an anti-dream...
I just didn't want to wake up in 30 years and realize I never did anything I said I would.

Of course, I'm only 19, so I got time :D

Kiki said:
When you were in highschool or college, did you strive to get where you wanted to be?

How many of us are really working the jobs we want to do?

I just made it through 4 years of college to come out with one degree in the medical field, and decided to go back for my BA in English and Writing. Totally opposite ends of the spectrum, eh?
:wink: :tongue:

Holy moses Kiki! That's exactly me, cept I haven't earned my first degree yet. I vividly remember announcing to my friends in high school, after an exceptionally difficult physics test, that I wasn't going to to anything having to do with math or science for the rest of my life once I got out of high school. I wanted to do fun stuff with literature, journalism, communications, etc.

And now I'm a 3rd year Biomed student wondering if that's *really* what I want to be doing. You have no idea how much I envy people who are happy because they know exactly what they want to do.

You're putting a lot in the line when you decide to take such a leap off the path, and it takes a lot of confidence, guts and perserverance to be able to do it. Good luck on pursuing your second degree, and congrats on the first!

Kiki, just out of curiosity, what did you think you wanted to do in the healthcare field?

cujo said:
My dream was for one day... someone would steal a thread idea I posted only hours ago.

:up:

:sexywink:

I didnt steal this post from you Cujo, did I????:tongue:

PS. Kariatari, I started out as a Bio major to be a Physical therapist, then changed to Nursing, went half way through Nursing school, changed to Theraputic Massage and business.....and thats what I have now. Starting my own business, but its not gonna last cuz I'm planning on moving to Houston to go to the Uni of H and be closer to my boyfriend.:wave:

Last edited:
I wanted to be an elementary teacher...that was my dream since kindergarten. When I started the schooling though, I started to get nervous because I didn't like getting so far in debt by having to go to a university for 5 years. I ended up transferring to a community college and getting an associate's degree in computer science.

When I was in junior high I wanted to be an artist and go live in New York City or Paris.

When I was in high school I realized I wasn't really good enough to be a professional artist. I decided I wanted to be an English teacher because I'd always loved to read and I had a couple of teachers who encouraged me a lot and taught me how to appreciate literature even more than I already did. I admired them a lot and thought that inspiring young people would be a wonderful way to spend one's life.

Halfway through college I realized I'd be a lousy teacher. I was really down in the dumps for a while and felt like a loser. Then I decided since I'd always loved to write anyway, why not do it for a living? That became my goal, and I am now a journalist. I love it, although I do sometimes fantasize about being the lead singer of a rock band....

row with me digi. we can fulfill our dreams.

DiGi said:
i wanted to win an olympic gold medal in the 10,000 meters in outdoor track and field

i want to go to the trials at least for rowing.

get a silver and prove i can be a better rower than my dad who only got the bronze :p

You know what's odd?

The I have a dream speech was given the week I was born....."I Have A Dream" by Martin Luther King, Jr,. Delivered on the steps at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC on August 28, 1963.

When I was a kid I mapped my life out but along the way. I didn't take the same road I planned and at 26 was nowhere near where I wanted to be. So...I just started at college all over again. During my freshman year I mapped a plan to lead me to Nursing Administration...which is my goal...I have so many great thoughts toward making the nursing shortage non-existant.

... I was tossed between computer information services and nursing in college. The decision to go into a medical field was because the science courses just came to me naturally and, coming from Michigan, I really wanted a job that was secure with good health benefits. I stayed with nursing because I really wanted to make a difference somehow with my life. For now I get to be a nursie that uses the 'puter. (I love my job at Mayo but I am not done enriching my life yet.)

first I wanted to be a pilot
and then I wanted to be a DJ
then I wanted to be an actor
then I wanted to be a DJ again
then I wanted to be a writer
then I realised I was crap
now I want to open a bookstore in Europe.

I've wanted to be a vet for as long as I can remember, and though I've taken the extended scenic route to get here, I am less than 1 year away from getting my DVM.

To all of you that are wishing you were doing/had done something else *cough*Meggie*cough* or are stressed about loans *ahem*BC*ahem*, this is like the best time ever to be in school, federal Stafford loans are at 2.8%. It really doesn't get much better than that! You don't have to pay on the loans til you've been out of school for 6 months, hopefully in your good-paying job by then......

I wanted to be a rockstar. Made it about half the way. Now I?m too old for that shit and I got other dreams.

I'm technically in high school, now that school's out for the summer. My dream is to be a famous ballet dancer, hopefully with ABT. Do I count b/c I'm in high school, or not?

Last edited:
Jack In The Box said:
I'm still in High School and my dream is... just see my signature ;)

Edit: I forgot it, in less of a month will be made reality :D

no longer you see my signature... already I changed it, I become bored with facility :p

but is easy, my dream is a bass and to be able play it with perfection

Back
Top Bottom