What was your best childhood or teen memory?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
ok, im tripping down memory lane this morning. 'll go first...

when i was around 10 years old, i went on a camping trip with my mom, brother and sister to some beach, and we were all in our 72 VW Volkswagon Bus that had a top that opened. we all layed down on the floor of the van, and watched shooting stars. The next day We went to Laguna Beach to check out the flea markets. We were just having such a good time, nobody wanted to end the vacation. that is the best memory i have.

when i was a young teenager, i was listening to the Unforgettable Fire album, and a guy friend of mine was sitting there next to me, getting ready to go to Mexico to help build houses, give away clothing, and food to the poor, that kind of thing. to this day, i always donate my good used clothing to the Mexico Ministry of my mom's church. We were talking about what he should take to listen to on the drive down there. i told him, take the Unforgettable Fire tape, and think of me when you hear it. He told me ok, i'll think of you when I hear this. He really meant it, and was really sincere. He had a crush on me from what I found out, but i was too young for him. It's been a while since I've seen him...I hope he's doing ok.

ok, your turn:D

When I think about my childhood there many memories of spending our summer's at the Jersey shore. I loved the ocean and taking beach walks. ( still miss them today) There were all kinds of thing you could beside swimming in the ocean I remember the board walk, and all the fun and games you could play. My favorite was miniature golf.

Growing up in my teenage years, my senior year was a blast. I had great friends and we were always partying on the weekends. I also remember going school dances andf the prom.
Ah, those were the days. :happy:

Hmm...best childhood memory...:laugh: I remember. My parents took me and my brother out, saying we were going to see a movie, Groundhog Day. Instead, we ended up at the airport, where my aunt and uncle were waiting for us with our suitcases. My parents took my brother and me to Disneyworld, Florida for a week instead....it was a surprise trip, and it was wonderful. :)

My best teen memory...I have so many (having just ended my teens)...I don't know if I have a favourite, per se, but one that stands out was the day I won the choreographic award for my choreography to 'Singin' in the Rain.' It was a really big honour, i was chosen out of 30 girls...it was something taht i had worked really hard on. My parents had watched, my friends were there, all the little kids that I taught dance to were there as well...and everyone was so proud of me. Ah...good times, good times...

...although, my first U2 concert, when I was 19, is probably one of the happiest times in my life. I was thisclose to NOT getting tickets, out in the rain, soaking wet...all the scalpers wee charging about $200 for last row tickets. Then, out of nowhere, this little mexican guy offers me and my cousin tickets for $100...We bought the tickets, went inside...the roof was leaking right over us so we got moved down a level to the Captain's bar...and I saw the best show of my life. I cried.

Growing up, the family trips we used to take every summer. We used to drive from California to Nebraska every year :crack: to visit my grandparents. It was fun though. My brother and I would fight in the car all day long and then get really happy when we finally got to the motel at the end of the day so we could go swimming.

the greatest childhood memory i have is not the sweetest one, but it is my favorite just the same, and it is retold every time my older brother and i get together. i was about six years old, which would make my brother about eight. we were in the backseat of our parent's car going god knows where. (i spent most of my childhood in the car. we moved across country three times while i was growing up, from california to new york, and we drove every time.) well, kids can grow restless on long car trips, and then they tend to fight. my brother and i began to argue, and he ripped my favorite blue plastic poodle barrette from my hair and threatened to throw it out of the window. i watched, in horror, as he held it just outside of the open window. i screamed and cried and then i belted him in the face. he was so pissed that he gave the blue plastic poodle barrette a hefty chuck onto the side of the highway. i watched it sail into the wind and bounce into the desert. my mother refused to turn around and search for it. he was grounded for three months. i wonder if that barrette is still out there somewhere...

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

My best teen memory...I have so many (having just ended my teens)...I don't know if I have a favourite, per se, but one that stands out was the day I won the choreographic award for my choreography to 'Singin' in the Rain.' It was a really big honour, i was chosen out of 30 girls...it was something taht i had worked really hard on. My parents had watched, my friends were there, all the little kids that I taught dance to were there as well...and everyone was so proud of me. Ah...good times, good times...

...although, my first U2 concert, when I was 19, is probably one of the happiest times in my life. I was thisclose to NOT getting tickets, out in the rain, soaking wet...all the scalpers wee charging about $200 for last row tickets. Then, out of nowhere, this little mexican guy offers me and my cousin tickets for $100...We bought the tickets, went inside...the roof was leaking right over us so we got moved down a level to the Captain's bar...and I saw the best show of my life. I cried.

oh my god, i forgot about my first u2 concert. i was 15 at the time i think, and it was at the l.a. coloseum nov. 18, 1987. i remember being depressed that day because i thought i wasn't going to go, because i had no money and i wasn't old enough to go anyways. well, my step dad came into my room that morning and told me not to make any plans because he was taking me to the u2 concert that night! i nearly fell out of bed when he told me. that night, my mom and stepdad took me to see u2 for an early birthday present. it was great!

another memory i have is when i was competing in a drama competition in my sophomore year of high school. there were 90 or more high schools at beverly hills high school and there were a few teen celebs floating around but i didnt see them. there were about 20 of us in a group in high school, all doing something like a one person monologue serious or comedy, group drama, group comedy, 2 person comedy, well i had to do a 2 person serious with my guy partner. i played the part of a brain damaged woman who was beaten up by an abusive husband and my brother was trying to help me recover. the play was called "lie of the mind." we did so well, my partner and i took 3rd place. out of 90 high schools. another one in our high school group made it to first place for a serious monoolgue. we totally kicked ass. it was an awesome feeling. that has to be one of the best memories up there for me.

I think I would have to say when I was 11 my parents took the three of us kiddies to California for 2 weeks to spend time with some of my mom's family that we really didn't know too well. It was really an eye opener because I had never been out of the Minnesota/Wisconsin area before. I just remember being in aw of my surroundings. We went all over the place. It's the only family vacation we've ever had. We went on small driving trips but never anything like that again.

I went back a few years ago with friend and it wasn't the same without my family there. I'm still close with one of my cousins to this day that I meet during that trip.

One of the best childhood memories that i have is called the "PANCAKE EXPLOSION" hahaha!! When I was like 7 or 8 my mom was making blueberry pancakes one morning. when my brother got his pancakes he started getting an attitude bc he doesnt like blueberries well anyways my mom took my pancakes and threw them at my brother and every pancake after that tooo. Literally my brother and my sisters and I were dodging pancakes that morning. They went everwhere behind the stereo center on the speakers on the tv EVERYWHERE!!!:lmao:

I can't think of a particular childhood memory, but family vacations were always fun. We'd pile into the van and go to a state/national park and camp for 2 weeks.

As for teen memory, I'd have to say the spring break band trips I took to Florida and Hawaii. Definitely some of the most fun I've ever had. :up:

Winning 1st place in the speech tournament of champions for all of southern california, for a two person speech with my best friend when I was in 8th grade was really, really cool.

Diemen said:
Winning 1st place in the speech tournament of champions for all of southern california, for a two person speech with my best friend when I was in 8th grade was really, really cool.

awesome feeling, isn't it?

Wow I don't know if I can pick out anything since I had so many. I'd say some of the best times of my life were just when my friends and I would all hang out together and just raise hell. I don't think there were many times when I was younger that I wasn't with at least one friend at all times lol

I remember when I was like 16-17 my friends and I were out driving around trying to lose the other drivers. I was driving my car with Snoop blazing and like 4 friends packed in, and my friend Mike and 4 others were in his car. Well we went speeding down the highway to where this turnoff to a dirt road was and I began the turn at around 80 miles an hour. Mike turned to follow me but I slammed on the gas and swerved back onto the highway as Mike slammed on the brakes and went sliding in a huge pile of dirt and dust down the road lol. Man that was a great night:lol:

a few involve the beach and water and swimming..fun isn't it?

my immediate reaction to your question was.....surfing. In my teenage years I rode a surfmat and I loved that moment when you know you've caught the right wave and took off and just knew,woooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooo this is gonna be fun. I think the ocean is very cleansing, I always came out of there feeling lifted.
I also rode a horse I loved, Sonny, so time spent with him was special too.
Coming first in things was quite nice too. It happened now and then.
One memory, the best? It's hard to choose.
Going back to primary school days, I liked ...well just about everything. I'd feel cosy when there was a storm and a power black out. Mum would light the old kerosene lamps and we'd stand around her piano and sing. My 2 big sisters left when I was five, so that must be a very early memory.

thanks icelle:hug: I enjoyed reading the stories...there must be a million moments.

adamswildhoney said:
One of the best childhood memories that i have is called the "PANCAKE EXPLOSION" hahaha!! When I was like 7 or 8 my mom was making blueberry pancakes one morning. when my brother got his pancakes he started getting an attitude bc he doesnt like blueberries well anyways my mom took my pancakes and threw them at my brother and every pancake after that tooo. Literally my brother and my sisters and I were dodging pancakes that morning. They went everwhere behind the stereo center on the speakers on the tv EVERYWHERE!!!:lmao:

thats too funny:lol:

When I was a junior in high school, I was accepted to All-Eastern Honors Choir (a very big deal--the best high school singers from all over the East Coast, from Maine to Virginia, were invited). The All-Eastern ensembles that year were being held in New York City, and the performances were at Carnegie Hall. I got to go to NYC for four days on my school's tab. :)

All the kids stayed at the Marriott Marquis on Times Square, which is a great hotel. I went to see The Scarlet Pimpernel, ate dinner at Broadway Joe's, rehearsed at LaGuardia High School for the Arts (Fame) and, best of all, got to sing on stage (twice) at Carnegie Hall.

Oh, my days as a choir dork...I miss them. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom