What was the absolute worst motion picture you've ever sat through?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dsmith2904 said:
MPW-25008

I even saw it twice to give the movie the benefit of the doubt because, clearly, I felt like the only person in America who couldn't stand that movie. I didn't change my mind.

But it has Jonathan Richman in it.

Last edited:
corianderstem said:

I really love Contact, too. You want to talk boring, go read Carl Sagan's original novel Contact. SNOOZE.

I can watch that movie over and over again. Jodie Foster's commentary is cool, too. But I haven't read the book -- and I think I'll take your advice not to. Would hate to ruin a good thing. <wink>

Contact is a fine sci-fi film.

Starship Troopers is a decent flick too, if you can appreciate where it's coming from. Hating Starship Troopers is like hating Robocop.

As for Mulholland Drive, well, that's the only movie I've ever rented with the intent of widening my film appreciation and turned it off after just 20 minutes. Fucking hated it. I couldn't even muster a reasonable defense for something as inoffensive as photography or lighting. It was all terrible.

I haven't seen There's Something About Mary all the way through, but I don't care to.

I just don't understand the appeal of Cameron Diaz. (Other than her debut in The Mask - I liked her in that.)

Also, the more of Ben Stiller I see, the less funny I find him.

corianderstem said:
I haven't seen There's Something About Mary all the way through, but I don't care to.

I just don't understand the appeal of Cameron Diaz. (Other than her debut in The Mask - I liked her in that.)

Also, the more of Ben Stiller I see, the less funny I find him.

He's got the 2 parts down:

Neurotic guy with a relationship problem
Super-dumb fitness nut and/or male model

That's about 95% of his filmography right there, but I still enjoy them for some reason.

Lancemc said:
There have been a lot of great answers in this thread. Also a lot of poor answers. Also a lot of poor answers that aren't surprising at all, so that's alright.

As for this:

Either you've just seen very few movies in your life time, and somehow managed to only see truly great ones, as well as seeing extremely few broadway shows, hense the ridiculous standards

Oooorrrr, your tastes really are as weird (read: crap) as I've been led to believe.

oh , now that's a good answer , "weird= crap " , tim burton loves you

WinnieThePoo said:

oh , now that's a good answer , "weird= crap " , tim burton loves you

Reading comprehension much?

I never said weird = crap. I was saying your taste was just crap, but I tried to fluff it up a bit for... whatever reasons.

And maybe I'll give a shit about Tim Burton again as soon as he makes another good film.

15 million fucking copies sold says all there is to know. Don't tell me how to talk to people. I'm the master. The master of unlocking, if you will. (10 points to whoever names the reference.)

Lancemc said:
15 million fucking copies sold says all there is to know. Don't tell me how to talk to people. I'm the master. The master of unlocking, if you will. (10 points to whoever names the reference.)

That's easy. George and Fred Weasley said that when they were picking the cupboard underneath the stairs to get harry's school supplies out.

Who needs magic?

Back
Top Bottom