What the hell is this song here for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
Sometimes even the greatest albums have a track that just takes you out of the experience, like seeing Jackie Chan in a western.
It maybe doesn't ruin the album, but it makes you angry that you have to exert energy to skip the track.

Artist: Franz Ferdinand
Album: S/T
Song: Michael
I hate that song. Compared to the rest of the stellar tracks it seems random and wholly "un" catchy

Artist: Radiohead
Album: Amnesiac
Song: Hunting Bears
Do I really need to hear o minute of disjointed guitar and bass?

Artist: Elliott Smith
Album: Figure 8
Song: Pretty Mary K
Sadly enough, this is an example of a talented songwriter, who trying to sound complex and unique just comes off sounding random. (sorry elliott!)

Disclaimer: All of these are based on my own personal musical tastes. :)

Artist: Coldplay
Album: A Rush of Blood to the Head
Song: Green Eyes
This song is too throwaway for me in light of the rest of the album. I don't like the way Chris sounds like he's struggling to hit the notes.

Artist: Digable Planets
Album: Reachin' (A New Refutation of Time and Space)
Song: La Femme Fetal
I've said it before, and I'll say it again--I don't need to hear rap songs about a woman's right to have an abortion.

Artist: U2
Album: Zooropa
Song: The First Time
I know others adore this song, but it is my least favorite U2 song, even though it's on my favorite U2 album. I almost always skip it.

That's all I can think of at the mo. I actually like Michael, but I'm inclined to agree about Hunting Bears.

Artist: The Cure
Album: Disintegration
Song: Lovesong
I don't mind this song on its own but it doesn't fit in the lineup of gorgeous epics.

Artist: R.E.M.
Album: Out of Time
Song: Shiny Happy People
Um, just because I like this song much more as a single. When Peter Buck said he wanted people to make their own versions of the tracklist for this album and add in "Fretless" and "It's A Free World Baby" I quite gladly took out this song & "Radio Song".

...That might be it. I have more albums with songs that I skip just because I don't like them, rather than albums with songs I skip because they ruin the flow.

I love Michael (the song, not the boy) :drool:

Song: Tell Her Tonight
I don't like the song, simply, is boring

Artist: Interpol
Album: Turn On The Bright Lights
Song: The New
is a boring song too... compared with the rest of the album, definitively is weak

Artist: Death Cab For Cutie
Album: Transatlanticism
Song: Passenger Seat
need a reason? I simply don't like the song so much as I like this album

Artist: Every Rapper
Album: Every rap album
Song: Any track where rappers have some interlude of talking and trying to be funny. Key word here is 'try'.

Artist: Pavement
Album: Slanted and Enchanted
Song: Conduit For Sale
So you're trying, eh?? I think I figured that out the first 20 times you said it. I dont think I need to hear you sing it another 431 times.

Artist: Grandaddy
Album: Sophtware Slump
Song: He's Simple, He's Dumb, He's the Pilot (the last 4 to 5 mins of it)
I LOVE the first 4 to 5 mins of the song, but why did they ever think they needed to add 4 more minutes of the same line over and over?

Jack In The Box said:
I love Michael (the song, not the boy) :drool:

Song: Tell Her Tonight
I don't like the song, simply, is boring

Totally, totally agree. I :heart: Michael...it's actually one of my favourites on the album....:uhoh: Tell Her Tonight is weak.

band: dropkick murphys
album: blackout
song: walk away
it was released as the lead single. i thought seeing them do it live would help (as sometimes is the case). no, it still sucks. well, not sucks...it just sucks in comparrison to the rest of the album.

artist: bruce springsteen
album: darkness on the edge of town
song: something in the night
i feel kind of wierd saying anything bad about this album since i've really only owned my own copy for a little while, and stuff. but i simply do not like this song. whereas i love everything else on it.

band: u2
album: pop
song: miami
ok, this song just pisses me off.

band: barenaked ladies
album: maybe you should drive
song: little tiny song
ok, so it's supposed to be funny or something, i don't get it. clogs up their most underrated album, but that's another story altogether...

IWasBored said:
band: dropkick murphys
album: blackout
song: walk away
it was released as the lead single. i thought seeing them do it live would help (as sometimes is the case). no, it still sucks. well, not sucks...it just sucks in comparrison to the rest of the album.

For the love of all things, how did I forget about this????? That song is probably the BEST example I can think of for this thread. Amazing album, out of place song. (Lead single and first song on the album......WHY???!!!!!)

Here's one HeartlandGirl and I thought of:

artist: Beastie Boys
album: all albums (except the newest)
song: every instrumental jam song
I know that some people like these, I NEVER have. Most of their albums seem to have about 1/4 of the songs being completely unnecessary filler.

u2popmofo said:

For the love of all things, how did I forget about this????? That song is probably the BEST example I can think of for this thread. Amazing album, out of place song. (Lead single and first song on the album......WHY???!!!!!)

yeah, how did you? see, you haven't talked to me in ages, so you forgot that everytime i listen to DKM i mention this :wink:

Back
Top Bottom