What Songs Are You Getting Into Lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
What songs strike your appeal just lately? Or what songs and artists do youlike that you didn't before?

Here are songs I am getting into:

1. The Foo Fighters-Exhausted
2. The Smashing Pumpkings-Disarm
3. Crowded House-Something So Strong
4. Modest Mouse-Float On
5. Oleander-Hands Off the Wheel
6. Everclear-White People in Blacksuits
7. Pearl Jam-The Ocean
8. Seven And the Sun-I Won't Look Back
9. Joe 90-Drive
10. Just Jack-Snowflakes
11. 30 Seconds To Mars-End of the Begining

What are yours?;)

see avatar.

i've liked those guys for a couple years, but never really got into them until last week.

plus the other 2 bands (sinners & saints, ramallah) the guitarist/vocals is in.

I like "Nature Boy" Nick Cave
"Counting the Days" Collective Soul
"Somebody Told Me" The Killers
"Eyes of a Stranger" Queensryche

"Rainy Night in Soho" by the Pogues. I've always thought it was OK, but I've been working on a screenplay in a creative writing class, about basically my friends and the transition from high school to college or just drifting. Some went into the military, one tried to commit suicide, some just drifted. I just kept going with school. But the lines that just really make this song for me are:

We watched our friends grow up together
and we saw them as they fell
some of them fell into heaven
some of them fell into hell

It's such a simple statement, so sentimental and bittersweet, and applicable I think universally without being overwrought. Shane McGowan... :bow:

The Sonics - Psycho

The Sonics - Louie Louie

The Verve - This Is Music

White Stripes - Jimmy The Exploder

The Libertines - Don't Look Back Into The Sun

The Smoke - My Friend Jack

The Easybeats - Friday On My mind

U2 - Pride

:D

UnforgettableLemon said:
"Rainy Night in Soho" by the Pogues. I've always thought it was OK, but I've been working on a screenplay in a creative writing class, about basically my friends and the transition from high school to college or just drifting. Some went into the military, one tried to commit suicide, some just drifted. I just kept going with school. But the lines that just really make this song for me are:

We watched our friends grow up together
and we saw them as they fell
some of them fell into heaven
some of them fell into hell

It's such a simple statement, so sentimental and bittersweet, and applicable I think universally without being overwrought. Shane McGowan... :bow:

i pretty much ignored that song, until one night i was coming back from a nght class, it was raining, and i randomly felt the need to listen to that song.

shane = genious.

Stand Your Ground-Rancid
Third Season-AFI

And all the Foo Fighters songs that I play all the time

The Libertines new album
The Killers - Mr. Brightside esp. for some reason
Snow Patrol - Run/chocolate
BRMC - spread your love
Scissor Sisters - Filthy/gorgeous - excellent song with the best lyric "wrap your fuzzy in a big red bow" - yes go to the gutter with this one
The Who
The Ramones - today especially:sad:
Interpol - Slow hands
U2 - for some reason - boy and war this week - esp stories for boys and two hearts beat as one

I've become absolutely obsessed with the Tim album by the Replacements lately. I don't think I've listened to anything else in the past two weeks...

Right now I'm heavily into the album You Gotta Go There To Come Back by Stereophonics. I've owned it for a long time, and it is one of those albums that I love a little more every time I listen to it. And right now, I've reached that point of needing to hear it. Every song on there sounds so good to me. :up:

"Career Opportunites" by the Clash
"Something to Believe In" by the Ramones
"Crazy Love" by Van Morrison
Anything on "Mother's Milk" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
and the aforementioned Pogues song.

maroon 5 - she will be loved
the libertines - can stand me now
scissor sisters - laura
keane - bedshaped
alanis morissette - 8 easy steps

celia said:

alanis morissette - 8 easy steps

I'm not embarrassed to say it... I swear. *Gulp* I think "So-Called Chaos" is a damn good album, much better than URS. But I'm a big fan of all four albums, so...

Back
Top Bottom