What? No one wants to admit they saw Ghost Rider?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was actually filmed in Melbourne.

The Stadium U2 played at in Melbourne is featured, at least when I saw the trailer for it.

I might wait for DVD for this one though.

Wait for the dvd. Wait till you're walking down the street and someone drops it and doesn't notice it. Then pick it and take it home.

Melbourne? That would explain why absolutely NONE of the Texas parts looked like Texas. :tsk:

Saracene said:
I was initially curious about it, but the trailer looks super-lame, :down: I immediately distrust a movie which sells itself with lame puns.

What about good puns? :flirt:

Anyway, this movie looks like crap. Don't think I'll be seeing it...ever...:huh:

has Nicolas Cage done anything worth watching in the last couple years? i personally don't think he's a terrible actor but it's as if he never reads a movie script and signs on to whatever is thrown his way.

(yea yea Adaptation was good and Weather Man was okay)

martha said:
Wait for the dvd. Wait till you're walking down the street and someone drops it and doesn't notice it. Then pick it and take it home.

That made me laugh out loud...

Cage is touch and go as far as I'm concerned, Lord Of War was pretty good but the whole The Rock/Con Air/Gone in Sixty Seconds Trilogy makes me want to hurt someone and even worse; The Family Man makes me want to hurt myself...:barf:

How bad is it from 1-10? I'm looking for a date movie with very little movie involved, so it might be a winner.

Canadiens1160 said:
How bad is it from 1-10? I'm looking for a date movie with very little movie involved, so it might be a winner.

I really did love it, for its badness of course. And, it does have date appeal. My husband kept pointing out that having a date who would grab you at the "scary" moments would be a good thing. But he's a bit of a perv.

I'd honestly give it a 2. It was really fun to see just how bad it would go. The cgi effects range from pathetic to decent, and the realism of the plot and scenes ranges from jaw-dropping to annoying.

Take your date, but not a first date. She might look at you funny afterwards.

martha said:

This happened to me once. I found Get Rich Or Die Tryin' (and a bunch of other DVD's) in a pile on this shelf in Wal-Mart...plus a half-eaten cupcake. Same aisle too. I didn't take them though. :slant:

LemonMelon said:

This happened to me once. I found Get Rich Or Die Tryin' (and a bunch of other DVD's) in a pile on this shelf in Wal-Mart...plus a half-eaten cupcake. Same aisle too. I didn't take them though. :slant:

:eyebrow:
Were they still wraped in plastic with price tags on 'em? Cuz if you did take them that would be stealing....:wink:

martha said:

What about the cupcake?

I didn't take the cupcake either. :sad:

I suck. :sad:

elevated_u2_fan said:

Were they still wraped in plastic with price tags on 'em? Cuz if you did take them that would be stealing....:wink:

They were laying there on a shelf next to bread, unwrapped, without cases. :|

Hello Martha,

I go to the movies about once a week.

And most times I take in a double feature.

I sit through some mediocre films.

Last week, I saw Breech :up:, and than sat through Hanibal Rising :down:, instead of this.

elevation2u said:
has Nicolas Cage done anything worth watching in the last couple years? i personally don't think he's a terrible actor but it's as if he never reads a movie script and signs on to whatever is thrown his way.

(yea yea Adaptation was good and Weather Man was okay)

I think Adaptation was the last Nicolas Cage film I went to see at the cinema - back in 2002! :ohmy:

I really like him as an actor but the man has done absolutely nothing I'd want to see in the last four years.

Well, in all fairness, he was in World Trade Center last fall.
I will state that I won't see Ghost Rider in the movies. I won't see it when it comes out on video. I won't see it when it pops up on premium cable. I won't see it at all. But, I do think that Nic cage is a good actor, though. Hey, an actor's got to get paid, right? I'm sure Nic made some good money doing this movie.

Probably. They'll like the lameness of it. Although the Ghost Rider uses a flaming bony finger to flip off the cops.

He is a skeleton that's on fire. Maybe a bit scary for some. And there are scary, creepy demons at the end. And the devil and his son are major characters, with scary creepy minions.

So maybe not the little kid.

Back
Top Bottom