What movie reminds you of your High School years?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What movie reminds you of your High School Yeras?

• Sixteen Candles - 1984

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just One of the Guys - 1985

• Napoleon Dynamite - 2004

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • My Bodyguard - 1980

• Can't Hardly Wait - 1998

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Stand and Deliver - 1988

• Fame - 1980

• Can't Buy Me Love - 1987

• Risky Business - 1983

• The Virgin Suicides - 2000

• Friday Night Lights - 2004

• The Breakfast Club - 1985

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Bring It On - 2000

• Back to the Future - 1985

• Pretty in Pink - 1986

• Fast Times at Ridgemont High - 1982

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Rushmore - 1998

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • American Graffiti - 1973

• American Pie - 1999

• Grease - 1978

• Dead Poets Society - 1989

• Rock 'n' Roll High School - 1979

• Peggy Sue Got Married - 1986

• Carrie - 1976

• Mean Girls - 2004

• Say Anything... - 1989

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Ferris Bueller's Day Off - 1986

• Boys N the Hood - 1991

• Clueless - 1995

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Dazed and Confused - 1993

• Total voters
"Clueless" came out the summer after I graduated but the clothes and the music were so much like my senior year.

"Can't Hardly Wait" and "Dazed and Confused" also hold a special place in my heart.

Probably Bueller! Even though I did my high school in India, there are definitely similarities!

Ferris Bueller's just a classic movie! :drool:

None of these for me either, not even close...actually, even though it isn't a movie that takes place in high school and the characters are slightly older, Saturday Night Fever was probably closest to the high school vibe at the time for me...

Wait.

Reminds me of what high school was like or reminds me of when I was in high school?

I don't understand the question.

I think it's unfair to only allow Cori one film to choose from. Perhaps her high school years were more like Rebel Without A Cause than Grease.

:wink:

Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

For Spicoli. For the realism. For the RECESSION.

I think I misunderstood the question. I voted Breakfast Club because it reminds me of when I was in high school...but I guess we were supposed to vote for the one that reminds us of/resembles our high school? That would be more like Pretty in Pink I guess.

And Porky's definitely belonged on the list...if not for Porky's you have no American Pie and countless other films. Heathers also should have been a choice...

Fast Times At Ridgemont High... because I was part of the actual students portrayed in the movie! :happy:
(not sure if that's anything to be proud of though :lol: )

(My highschool when I was there was where the director went undercover for a year to gather his research to write the movie...when the movie came out and we found out he had been there with us spying we were like :ohmy: )

LemonMacPhisto said:
Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

For Spicoli. For the realism. For the RECESSION.

The characters were based on real people too, and I totally knew that guy :lol: )

Out of those options, probably Can't Hardly Wait since it's closest to when I actually was in high school.

But, my real answer is probably either From Russia With Love, Moonraker, or The Man with the Golden Gun.

lazarus said:
I think it's unfair to only allow Cori one film to choose from. Perhaps her high school years were more like Rebel Without A Cause than Grease.

I didn't have Sal Mineo being all closeted and Natalie Wood waving her kerchief around to start a car race. So no, that wouldn't be it. :wink:

Actually, none of these were like high school for me. Maybe American Pie for the band geek parts, but nothing (I REPEAT, NOTHING) regarding a "this one time in band camp" scenario.

They really don't make a lot of movies about band and choir geeks.

Maybe Friday Night Lights, if they had a part of the movie about how the non-sports kids resented all the attention and money sports got. I went to a high school where football was king. Feh.

Back
Top Bottom