what makes a person sexy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What makes a person sexy ?
It's definitely more attitude than looks. I think a person's intellect makes them sexy. The way a person moves makes them sexy.

And is it different for guys and gals?
I don't think so.

Is it personality, some physical feature or both?
Physical features do play into it, but I think that personality and other intangibles are a lot more important than looks. Really attractive or beautiful people aren't necessarily sexy, just like unconventional-looking people are.

And what do you notice first about someone?
So many things, but I think it's build and carriage. I dig grace.

dsmith2904 said:
What makes a person sexy ?
It's definitely more attitude than looks. I think a person's intellect makes them sexy. The way a person moves makes them sexy.

And is it different for guys and gals?
I don't think so.

Is it personality, some physical feature or both?
Physical features do play into it, but I think that personality and other intangibles are a lot more important than looks. Really attractive or beautiful people aren't necessarily sexy, just like unconventional-looking people are.

And what do you notice first about someone?
So many things, but I think it's build and carriage. I dig grace.

I think thats a very good synopsis. Intelligence is definately important for me. Physically it really does vary. I think a person who is full of themselves but would be considered "model" attractive physically is really a turn off and a girl who is a sweetheart (regardless of physicality) can be a turn on. Then there are the smaller intangibles that influence each person individually. I have always been attracted to girls with dark hair. Dont know why, but it always draws my attention.

OzAurora said:
For me a guy is sexy if they have,
a passion for music and or play a musical instrument
are intelligent and intereseted in more than football and hanging out at the pub with their mates!!!
are not prejuidced and are passionate about social/environmental issues..
I also love a good sense of humour. (I once went out with a guy who was a lot shorter than me, which is something that I usually dont like, but he was able to have me in stitches all the time with his wiked black humour)

looks are important, however I found that as you get older, personality is more important. I've been out with some guys who have been absolutely gorgeous, however inside they have been blank to me. I really need my mind to be stimulated and I find this and a love of music incredibly sexy:wink:

Wow. :up:

DaveC said:
Haha, chill out folks. I'm not THAT much of a pig in real life. I was just extremely bored. :)

Obviously. :D

But it was a hilarious read!

As a side note, lately (but only lately) I don´t think women who play games are sexy. I know them all by now, and it bores me pretty much.

If a woman knows about her beauty, that´s very positive and charming. If she´s intelligent, sensual, creative, true, a freak with a pure heart and spirit, beautiful, has about the same interests, and believes in Love, we´re rather talking about getting serious than what "sexy" means.

Anyhow, playing the bad girl or teasing will not reserve her a place beside my throne :)

What makes a guy sexy....hmmmm.....

I love an asymmetrical face -- I don't want great perfection. Eyes are important...kind, intelligent, amused, wise eyes. I also love arched eyebrows -- guess that goes with the amused eyes. I'm a sucker for really well defined hands and wrists...and adore long fingers. I tend to like somewhat slight guys, and tend to also like longish hair. A terrific voice is a real turn-on...hell, I can always wear a blindfold! :wink:

But to be honest, all looks (and sounds :D ) aside, what really makes a guy sexy is a wonderful personality. I want intelligence, kindness, a wry sense of humour, and an appreciation of beauty that goes more than skin deep. And the number one thing that makes a guy sexy -- he thinks that I am. :)

Last edited:
whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

Anyhow, playing the bad girl or teasing will not reserve her a place beside my throne :)

You put your companion next to the toilet? :huh: :D

indra said:

You put your companion next to the toilet? :huh: :D

Nope, honeybunny. My throne, spelled t-h-r-o-n-e. King amongst kings, and the woman beside me is not only companion, but Queen. In the kingdom of Love. :)

its funny how almost every descripition ends up being me :hmm:

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
As a side note, lately (but only lately) I don´t think women who play games are sexy. I know them all by now, and it bores me pretty much.

If a woman knows about her beauty, that´s very positive and charming. If she´s intelligent, sensual, creative, true, a freak with a pure heart and spirit, beautiful, has about the same interests, and believes in Love, we´re rather talking about getting serious than what "sexy" means.

I like this :yes: :) Esp. the "freak with a pure heart and spirit :cute:

For me, here goes. A man is sexy if he's

kind
big hearted
passionate (esp about me :p)
spiritually connected to others and the world
*CONFIDENT*
smart and aware of what's up in the world
a good conversationalist
excited about/enjoys his life (this is huge)/a sense of adventure
integrity

That's a tall enough order for now, I think. :D

SD

PS Being a U2 fan= bonus points ;)

What makes a girl NOT sexy is arrogance. A girl can be as hot as Paris Hilton (oh come on, you all know she's hot as hell). The problem is when she knows it and plays you with it. Like if she starts acting all flirty with you and has no intention of doing anything with you, only to get something out of you (gifts, drinks if you're at a bar, etc).

That pisses me off.

It's not sexy at all.

For looks, I'd rather have a girl who's merely very cute rather than very hot. Cute girls still look damn good but they don't get a lot of the arrogance that comes along with being lusted after by every straight male under the age of 85.

If you're a guy and a hot girl comes up to you and starts hitting on you, even if it's not real...testosterone forces you to take that chance. and it's not pleasant. :|

Perhaps many of us would do well to read this thread. Sexy means something different to each and every person. Some very beautiful descriptions of sexy in this thread (and a few kinda cheeky ones too :wink: ).

Personality wise
-Kindness
-Intelligence
-Sense of humor

Physically
-Nice smile
-Nice eyes(first thing I notice in a guy physically)
-Bedhead hair

I can tell it's getting late tonight...when I saw the title of this thread, I thought it read "what makes prison sexy?" :ohmy:

2Hearts said:
I can tell it's getting late tonight...when I saw the title of this thread, I thought it read "what makes prison sexy?" :ohmy:

hmmm.... that could be an interesting thread.....

i've always liked small girls, partly because i'm short, and i really woulnd't wanna go out with bigfoot. i also really go for girls in jeans. i mean, skirts are hella sexy, but it just seems to attract too much attention. i'd much rather go for a girl in nice jeans. and chicks who are super-duper hot are always a pain in the ass anyways, so i'd much rather go for a cute, average girl. with great eyes.

My perfect girl would have the elegance of Audrey Hepburn, the wit of Dorothy Parker, and the pulse of someone who's still alive.

Back
Top Bottom