What is The Beatles most complete song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
... as in great contribution from all 4 band members, kinda like U2's Acrobat maybe.

I think it is probably A Day In The Life. What a great song!

I'm gonna go slightly off topic and talk about Ballad Of John And Yoko. What a great song! Lennon's vocals and that bass! :drool: :drool: :drool: Too bad it was released in April 1979 or it could have fit into the White Album beautifully.

:ohmy: i saw this thread and immediately thought A Day In The Life :bow: :drool: :love:

I'd definitely have to pick something from Abbey Road. Maybe Somthing, or Come Together, or hell, even Octopus' Garden. :drool:

Zootlesque said:
I'm gonna go slightly off topic and talk about Ballad Of John And Yoko. What a great song! Lennon's vocals and that bass! :drool: :drool: :drool: Too bad it was released in April 1979 or it could have fit into the White Album beautifully.

1979? Yeah, it wouldn't have made it. :lol:

McCartney handles drums on that one as well, if I recall. Nice rhythm going there.

LemonMelon said:
Strawberry Fields Forever, hands down.

That would have been my 2nd choice. But does it have Paul singing anything? I picked A Day In The Life partly because both John and Paul have awesome vocal parts!

Zootlesque said:

That would have been my 2nd choice. But does it have Paul singing anything? I picked A Day In The Life partly because both John and Paul have awesome vocal parts!

:hmm: If you put it that way...

I chose SFF because it's, essentially the essence of the Beatles in one song. Kind of like Over The Hills And Far Away is the defining Zeppelin song. But if we're talking about contributions, I would have to second A Day In The Life or The End. :up:

How about Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds?

John's killer verses, then he and Paul meet for the chorus, Paul's sweet bassline, George's little arrangements, and Ringo's drum thumps totally own this song.

:hmm: LSD is a good one indeed! That bass :drool:

How about You Never Give Me Your Money? Killer Paul vocal and classic John aaaahhhh's :drool: I think it's my fav Abbey Road track

Definitely Something. Pauls bass in that song is fabulous. It pretty much defines the phrase "a song within a song". Always bubbling under the surface of the melody. It's subdued but prominent at the same time :drool:

Dear Prudence. I love the oart just when it feels like everything is about to fall apart and then they pull it all together. I think Let Down by Radiohead is the spiritual successor to Dear Prudence.

Wasn't The Ballad of John and Yoko released as a single in 1969?

Well, the only Beatles song where all four receive songwriting credit is the instrumental "Flying" off of Magical Mystery Tour.

Too bad it's such a slight, unmemorable song.

"The End" features solos by all four band members, even Ringo's only drum solo, so in that respect it's the most complete Beatles song.

Back
Top Bottom