What is so Good about Oasis and Radiohead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Radiohead was smart they marketed themselves to the ones that are anti-image so they formed their own little clan of followers....some of their stuff is good, some is great and some is terrible....Pablo Honey really is one of the worst albums ever made....but then they moved on from their and made some decent material, however they are over rated, no doubt about that. They arent doing anything that far fetched from what was done in the 70s by bands like Pink Floyd and the like...but to each their own I still enjoy Radiohead albums but they arent the greatest thing ever.

Radiohead is one of my top 5 bands. They are definitely not just ok, but I could see people having a hard time to get into them. I like them because Thom Yorke is a great songwriter, and Jonny Greenwood turns the songs into something magical. It's very much an experience to listen to albums like OK Computer and Kid A, and those are the sort of albums I get the most out of. The lyrics also go really well with the music. It's hard for me to figure out how exactly to praise them because I just take it for granted that they're one of the best.

Zootlesque said:
Pop is sooo much cooler than ATYCLB. It's a fact, imo.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly :up:

But I love these threads:

POP is so much better IMO because Mofo is so techno.

BUT POP WAS UNFINISHED EVEN BANO SAID SO!

After watching those videos. :yawn: I would put them in the other thread as most boring.

And when I meant Blink 182 I was talking about there last album for (radio heads side) Oasis sounds like the earlier albums by Blink 182

Justin24 said:
And when I meant Blink 182 I was talking about there last album for (radio heads side) Oasis sounds like the earlier albums by Blink 182

:huh:

Still don't see it.

Justin24 said:

hmmm, I don't see the resemblance.

which Oasis songs are you listening to?

GibsonGirl said:

Amnesiac might scare him. :lol:

But Amnesiac... :drool:

I think I'm the only person other than Brau who dislikes this album. :shrug:

But I Might Be Wrong is completely wicked live, especially with that Please snippet.

I Might Be Wrong
You And Whose Army
Knives Out
Pyramid Song
Like Spinning Plates

soooooo many great songs! :drool:

Zootlesque said:
I Might Be Wrong
You And Whose Army
Knives Out
Pyramid Song
Like Spinning Plates

soooooo many great songs! :drool:

:up:

I could listen to Amnesiac all day, every day.

GibsonGirl said:

Pull/Pulk Revolving Doors. :sexywink: That one made me want to run for the hills when I first heard it, but I love it now.

I like it, but "Cuttooth", "worrywort" or "fog" could have take its place and made Amnesiac a much better album:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom