What is Radiohead's most popular or best known song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a friend who writes "lol", "rofl", or "lmao" nearly every other IM or text.

I think she's crazy. Maybe.

I have a friend I used to IM with on a regular basis, and she was so fed up with "lol" that she started writing just L instead.

Me, I've switched to "hee!" or "ha." Sometimes a "heh."

I refuse to part with "wtf" or "omg," though. I like "omg" for comic effect or exaggerated excitement.

My favorite use of "omg" is when you look for the amount of sodium in food.

0mg... omg!

In Australia, Creep, no question. No other Radiohead song has ever got commercial radioplay.

Idioteque should be the most popular, and it has/had the potential to be.

Karma Police is the #1 track of the last 6 months on Last FM if you don't count the songs from the new album. Paranoid Android is right behind it, then Creep. I seem to have met a lot of people who only know Karma Police or Creep. :|

For me personally, if someone asked me to "show them what Radiohead's like", I'd play Paranoid Android for them.

The people I know wouldn't even be able to name a Radiohead song, but I'd give them credit for at least knowing they exist.

I dunno ... they strike me as the kind of band who really isn't looking for a mainstream radio or video success. So Joe Schmoe on the street not knowing any of their songs isn't the worst thing ever, is how I see it.

They're a very unconvential band, that's the conclusion I've come to since getting In Rainbows. A band with a relatively mainstream following with barely a mainstream tune (that I've heard).

That little guy just makes me sad.* And empty. And so, so cold.

For a few pixels, I reckon he can look quite bloody mean. :lol:

I have a friend I used to IM with on a regular basis, and she was so fed up with "lol" that she started writing just L instead.

Me, I've switched to "hee!" or "ha." Sometimes a "heh."

I refuse to part with "wtf" or "omg," though. I like "omg" for comic effect or exaggerated excitement.

I barely use lol anymore, I'm sticking with my "haha".

My favorite use of "omg" is when you look for the amount of sodium in food.

0mg... omg!

I never, ever realised that.

And now, thanks to you, I have yet another joke for Chemistry class. Boy are they gonna love it. It might even tramp my "Why did everyone like mushroom?" joke.

In Australia, Creep, no question. No other Radiohead song has ever got commercial radioplay.

Idioteque should be the most popular, and it has/had the potential to be.

Creep's the only song I knew before I got OK Computer, and I think I heard it once, maybe on Triple J or something like that.

:heart: multiquote

The answer is, at least in the US of A...

CREEP followed closely by KARMA POLICE.

Those are the two that non-fans might recognize.

And, my God, they are both great songs. I don't give a shit what anyone says.

A Radiohead thread happened without me?

I don't know what I was doing when Creep came out (uh, actually I do, long story) but I don't think I ever heard it until loonnnng after I was into The Bends and Ok Computer. At the time I was going on and on about those two records a friend told me Creep was the only Radiohead song he knew. I didn't know wtf he was talking about and thought he had MY band confused with someone else.

Maybe this is one for Zoo Confessionals. :reject:

So I still forget how famous that song is. I would have said Karma Police or Fake Plastic without even thinking about it.

I agree with mofo--I would use Paranoid Android to introduce most people to Radiohead unless I thought they were more the In Rainbows type.

Just is the one I hear all the time, whether when out or on the radio plus since the Mark Ronson cover, i've heard both versions quite fequently.

I heard Creep quite a bit when it first came out but then I pretty much dropped out and most of the rest of the 90s were a blur to me. I remember thinking a few times in the very late 90s and early 00s "Hmm...I wonder whatever happened to that band that did Creep?" :hmm:

:D

It's got to be Creep. Easily. Having it in the insipid Rock Band has no doubt helped with that.

Creep is easily the most well known to the mainstream, casual fans will know tracks like "The Bends", "Fake Plastic Trees", "Karma Police", that's about the end of their normal radio single releasing habits, on alternative stations Kid A songs and In Rainbows songs got some play that I noticed but not in the same way, the two albums in between there were virtually ignored in my area.

Most popular: Creep

As for introducing somebody to Radiohead, FPT works better than Android, no?

Maybe. FPT says what an amazing song. Android says wow, this is crazy, I need to hear it again. Depends on who I'm talking to, I guess.

In Rainbows songs got some play that I noticed but not in the same way, the two albums in between there were virtually ignored in my area.

I don't listen to the radio much but I can't believe how much I've heard IR just walking into stores and stuff. A friend says it's because of me--I walk into stores and Radiohead comes on. :sexywink:

I don't listen to the radio much but I can't believe how much I've heard IR just walking into stores and stuff. A friend says it's because of me--I walk into stores and Radiohead comes on. :sexywink:

I remember walking into a Newbury Comics in April and hearing IR playing, and thinking it was rather an obvious choice for NC which would normally play much more obscure music...a few minutes later they cut it off in the middle of a track and someone replaced it with some emo shit. Not Okay.

Back
Top Bottom