What interesting items are you collecting right now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
I recently started to collect the Lolita martini glasses.

I got 2 for birthdays and bought one for myself. :D

lolitaglasses.jpg

'

I have 'Shopaholic', 'Poker-tini', and 'Bad Kitty'.

Each one is hand painted with a theme and they are great quality and a perfect size. Also on the bottom of each glass is a different recipe for a drink. :drunk:

I normally dont 'collect' stuff because after a while I start to feel like its just clutter that I dont need.

Those glasses look very cool! :up:

I collect music magazines... RS (certain special *cough* U2 *cough* issues), NME uncut specials etc.., shot glasses from vacations :drool:, coffee mugs, fridge magnets... usual crap. lol. Can't think of anything else right now.

Great thread by the way!

I collect pets :D. I get a new one each year (2004 - Beckham and Posh, 2005 - Maximus, 2006 - Marijke, 2007 - Kenya....).

Kinda boring, I guess; but I collect pieces of bluebird china, from the early 1900s. My grandmother gave me the last plate she had from the set she started housekeeping with when she got married in 1912. Over the years, I've gotten quite a bit of it; but I'm still on the lookout for it. :wink: It is white with chubby bluebirds with pink bellies, and pink blossoms. :heart:

Liesje said:
I collect pets :D. I get a new one each year (2004 - Beckham and Posh, 2005 - Maximus, 2006 - Marijke, 2007 - Kenya....).

Cats (and vet bills :yikes: ) for me lately. And I don't even have to leave the house to get them -- they come to me! I swear there is a cat message board out there with a list of all the suckers on it. My name must be stickied right to the top. :slant:

A more normal collection is the Steve Kilbey paintings I have. I just bought a new one a couple weeks ago. At last count I have somewhere around 50-55 originals.

Sicy said:
Come on guys PICS :scream:

Fine. :grumpy:

The newest painting in my collection -- it's titled The Serpent.

June2007skpaintings008.jpg

And from the cats collection:

Isidore

IMG_0745.jpg

Rickenbacker Straticaticus & Alex

IMG_0702.jpg

Miss Myrrh

IMG_0697.jpg

Maxwell

IMG_0732.jpg

:)

Sicy said:
Come on guys PICS :scream:

My camera batteries are dead. :angry:

I have shot glasses from Dublin, Hawaii (with my name in Hawaiian), Minnesota, Detroit, Seattle, Vancouver, St. Petersburg Russia, Okanogan Valley, London, 2 from The Keg restaurant ( :lol: ) and a bunch of plain ones.

A few of them are quite cheesy, but I use the Dublin one the most.

Not really... there's a bunch of magazines that I buy each year, like the Aussie F1 GP program and the AFL GRand Final record. I'd say CDs and DVDs, but they're not really a collection I don't think...

I have a collection of all the Beatles albums on vinyl, each bought by myself, my hubby, or my parents at the time they were originally released, including their very 1st, but of course that's an old collection now. These days I collect U2 vinyl and posters, and magazines.

Those martini glasses are very cool, and those kitties are so cute.

Oh yeah, I also collect those floaty pens, I have them from all over the place, places I've been, and places friends and family have been and have brought them back for me. :)

i collect dvds. :hmm: and books. i dont have a picture because the books are stored in numerous places, and the dvds are on a large cube unit, and you all know what dvd spines look like. besides, i have a list on here anyway.

my daughter collects snow globes though. she's more interesting than me.
:up:

Candles. I love candles but I use them as I go. I don't like to hoard them. Beautiful things are to be used.

webNamEstersWedding-025.jpg

This is my favourite candle. The candle gel is made from rose water and has roses susspended in the gel. When it burns it smells like Turkish Delight :drool:

webNamEstersWedding-031.jpg

My candle snuffer :heart: . Its an Art Nouveau rip off. I :heart: Art Nouveau. Also, on the left, is a teacup from my favourite set. The cup is designed like a cupped leaf, as is the saucer, as is the teapot. :up:

Last edited:
maybe you could summon your rehab mate in that red one, bel. i thought there was a face hovering in it at first. dont mind me, though. i've looked again and your mate isn't in there.

Angela Harlem said:
maybe you could summon your rehab mate in that red one, bel. i thought there was a face hovering in it at first. dont mind me, though. i've looked again and your mate isn't in there.

:OMG: You know what? I didn't look in there. Back in a mo. Jjjjjjjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I collect autographed books, and baseballs. If I had money to spend on them I could have some good baseballs, I only have a few that I have received as gifts or gotten at games. Most people wouldn't find that interesting but I do-all the books I have I have just gone to booksignings to get.

MsPurrl said:
Kinda boring, I guess; but I collect pieces of bluebird china, from the early 1900s. My grandmother gave me the last plate she had from the set she started housekeeping with when she got married in 1912. Over the years, I've gotten quite a bit of it; but I'm still on the lookout for it. :wink: It is white with chubby bluebirds with pink bellies, and pink blossoms. :heart:

bluebirdmug.jpg

I don't really collect anything, persay......I guess Beatles items :shrug: I have a little shrine to them in my closet, a poster, and tons of shirts :) I'll upload pics later

MsPurrl said:

Here's a better picture. (The mug picture was the only one I had on my computer at work the other day.)

BluebirdPlate.jpg

It's nice MsPurrl :up: but especially nice knowing its age and that you have something that your grandmother used :)

Back
Top Bottom