What has been the single happiest moment of your life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Canadiens1160 said:
The day U2kitten was banned from the Sports subforum.

My my how rude and unnecessary to the thread. I really can't believe this is even allowed. :down:

I didn't cause any more shit in there than Headache or Phanan. They just ran to the mods like second grade tattlers every time I said anything. I feel my equal right to post was seriously infringed upon. I will never, never understand why when two people are disagreeing, it's always ME who's 'causing trouble.' :rolleyes: Same thing with me, and now Justin24 in FYM. The one whose opinion is against the mainstream clique and isn't wanted is the one 'causing trouble' but it's not fair since both sides in an argument are just as guilty. I've always said, no one can fight alone. Why is one bad the other innocent? And if you read the stuff I put on the sports forum, none of it was even bad. Lame sometimes, but not rude. On the other hand, people regularly attacked and insulted me, told me to:
- go away
- nobody wanted to hear my opinion
- openly called me stupid
-and crazy
and nobody cared! And I'm the one banned? :huh: Go figure. On the boards I mod on, THEY would have been the ones banned for personally attacking and disrespecting a member.

Last edited:
:corn:

I honestly can't think of one moment over anything else, that either means i'm doing alright or shitty. I'd like to think the former.

There is one moment that makes me happy when I think about it. Usually Old ladies will walk away from me when they see me cause Ive got 23 tattoos and spikey hair, but I was walking down the street in Hollywood after going to the store, and I saw this lady who was probably 90 years old, she was walking and she stopped to smell a flower that was in the garden of my friends house, she smelled it for about ten seconds, smiled at me, and stopped to tell me that I was so handsome. But for some reason I always think about her when she was smelling that flower. She was so at peace. I know its kinda dumb, but that always makes me smile when I think about it.

I've had many happy moments but I don't think I could pinpoint it down to one particular moment.

U2 moments: My first concert on March 28, 2005 after years of waiting to see them live. The first time I met Edge a few months later. Seeing them twice in Dublin in June 2005 and also my first GA spot, right in front of Edge, in Oct. 2005. I was really miserable with my life at the time. These events really got me through a lot.

But I really think I'll say July 29, 2006. That's the day I finally got the courage to go to a culinary school and sign up to be a student after 20 years of dreaming about it. January 8, 2007 is another happy moment for me because it's the day I started school. I love my new career path and I have been so happy since I decided to make the change!

MY happiest days...

when I walked down some stairs and caught the eye of a man with dark hair, the greenest eyes i've ever seen and an eyebrow ring. totally :heart: at first sight.

The moment I walked across stage in a heavy gown with an uncomfortable hat on my head and being greeted by my chancellor and handing me my degree.

The moment a child wrapped their arm around my hand and said ' you're the best teacher miss williams'

The day i went to the doctors after some worrying problems and got the all clear :D

and lastly, driving on an open road screaming with laughter with some friends on a holiday! heeeheee

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I'm graduating with my PhD on May 19, and I'm pretty happy about that.

In my personal life, I'd have to say City of Blinding Lights at the first Vertigo show I attended, on 5/22/05. That night I realized my life was going to go back to normal after I'd been treated for pretty severe depression for a year, and had suffered from it for probably a year before being treated. It sounds kind of corny to say that the best moment of my life was at a U2 show, but when the confetti dropped and the band came out, something clicked inside of me, and I caught myself thinking for the first time in a long time "Everything's going to be all right."
BonoIsMyMuse, I can so totally relate to that, I found your post very touching.
I have had a similar experience, going to a U2 show, it has pulled me out of a really severe personal crisis.
I haven't had a great youth and generally don't consider myself a very happy person.
Now when I feel myself going down and I listen to the guys play and Bono sing I can always say to myself that things will turn out all right.
Cheesy, I know, but that's just the way I feel.

Canadiens1160 said:
The day U2kitten was banned from the Sports subforum.

There's no excuse to be nasty like that. Even if you truly feel that way...which I find it hard to believe that you could truly consider THAT to be the single happiest moment of your life...sometimes it's just better to keep your mouth shut. Seriously.

Bonochick said:
Maybe I should have something more close to home...something in regards to family...but, seriously, I don't know if I could possibly get any more thrilled than when Ryan Adams called me after I won that contest. I love his music much so much, I admire the heck out of his talent. To be able to actually have a one-on-one conversation like we did...I mean, how many people get the chance? It still blows me away.

Mine's a lot like yours. I have had a lot of very happy, very meaningful times in my life, but for sheer giddy happiness, nothing (so far anyway) beats this for me.

I was playing around online one night (still had dial up then) and my cell phone rang. I picked it up and was a little irritated because it was from someone I didn't know, so I initially thought it was a telemarketer. But after a brief exchange I realised it wasn't a telemarketer, it was Steve Kilbey! (in case you are the one person on this site who doesn't know, he is the singer for my favourite band) I was absolutely floored. While we had developed a fairly comfortable chat room and email correspondence, I never expected him to call me! He was amazingly chatty and although I was nervous -- it was Steve Fucking Kilbey after all...and early on I couldn't quite figure out why he called -- he was quite easy to talk with. It got better though, because he told me he had some people contact him about his artwork because of an exhibit of his art I'd set up in a small Ohio town. This was great, except he didn't know much about selling artwork, so he asked me if I wanted to become his art rep and do that for him. I was sooooo thrilled!

I'm still thrilled whenever an email from him drops in my inbox, when we talk on the phone, or when I can tell him a painting just sold too. Always makes me smile. :)

Last edited:
The day I had my first smoked meat sandwich.

7626im8.jpg

one would think that because im a mom daisy being born would be the most happiest day of my life. but it was where the doc and nurses were scaring the hell out of me with the possibilities of me having seizures and shit which did end up being the case. it was a hard week. not happy. it was more relief that daisy was born healthy and thats what mattered to me most.

so with that said, i'd say the happiest day of my life would be the u2 concert at the pond in anaheim for the elevation tour on 4/24/2001. i was in the middle of a divorce, and for the first time in ages, i felt free. i was right in front of adam. and it felt like home.

The first kiss with the girl who would go on to be my first love.

They say you never get over the first one... So true.

Last edited:
Happy moments...

- To swim in the sea with my friends when the beach was (almost) empty, then rolling on the sand and go back to the sea;

- When I found out I was admited in Vet Med school;

- Riding a horse for the first time (and last, it always makes me so happy);

- When I went to the U2 concert and the setlist was even better then I could ever imagined;

- My first Muse concert;

- First kiss;

- Being in Rome (especially in the Coliseum and the Palatino);

- Long night walks close to the river at summer, laughing at everything;

- Alex Kapranos making eye contact with me even if it was just a few seconds during a concert;

These are some of the moments I think about when I feel down, sometimes it's enough to put a smile on my face...

Back
Top Bottom