What festive films will you be watching this year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
So far we've watched It's a wonderful life, The Santa Claus and Deck the halls

Christmas would not be complete without a showing of The Snowman or Elf either. :up:

Deck the Halls :reject:

the best thing of the movie was my boyfriend saying 'ooooooooh charlotte is kissing carries husbands. She's gonna kill her!' :lmao: He's more of a girl then I am!

but really, what a horrible movie!

:heart: Elf though! They need to make some REALLY funny xmas movies though!

The Santa Clause is a nice festive film :yes:

Probably watch Disney/Pixar films, and Home Alone 1 and 2 :hyper:

Love Actually and Sound of Music, not really Christmas movies, but Love Actually is around Christmastime and Sound of Music is always aired during this season.

Scrooged
Elf
It's a Wonderful Life
Christmas Vacation.

Maybe some others.

dazzlingamy said:
Deck the Halls :reject:

the best thing of the movie was my boyfriend saying 'ooooooooh charlotte is kissing carries husbands. She's gonna kill her!' :lmao: He's more of a girl then I am!

but really, what a horrible movie!

:heart: Elf though! They need to make some REALLY funny xmas movies though!

:lol:

I didn't think it was a great film either but better than Santa Clause 3.

Elf
Love Actually (I thought it was a Christmas film :uhoh: )
:heart:

if i see elf one more time...

:crack:

i think it's been on tv 20 times in the last month, and my brother insists on watching it every single time.

The Ref
Mixed Nuts
A Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation
Scrooged
Nightmare Before Christmas

Plus, various holiday episodes of TV shows I have on DVD: Sports Night, The Office...have to check Spin City, MASH, and a couple others...what season was the Seinfeld Festivus episode?!

The Polar Express is really cool. I always love watching It's a Wonderful Life. On Saturday, I watched Miracle on 34th Street. It was colorized(Yuck), but still cool.

The only 2 films that are required for me to watch at this time of year are "It's a Wonderful Life" and "A Charlie Brown Christmas". :heart:

So far, we've watched Home Alone 1&2, Elf, The Santa Claus 3, & on Christmas Eve, we'll all settle down to watch The Polar Express, the kids love it.:wink: :wink:

I watch It's A Wonderful Life every year. It's such a lovely movie, to me, it just doesn't feel like Christmas if I haven't watched it. LOL.

:love: ROADSIDE PROPHETS it may not be a Holiday flick but I think it may be one of the best movies EVER. It stars John Doe and Adam Horovitz (from the Beastie Boys)

Love Actually, A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and Scrooged are musts each year.

I also like to throw Bad Santa into the mix.

The Muppet Christmas Carol
Die Hard (it counts, it's set during Christmas :cool:)
Elf
Christmas Vacation

And I guess A Christmas Story, but I don't go out of my way to watch the whole movie every year.

Am I the only person that wasn't impressed with Love Actually? It's a Wonderful Life, too, now that I think about it :yawn:

Queen Bee said:
It's a Wonderful Life, too, now that I think about it :yawn:

.... What?! How dare you question It's A Wonderful Life. Blasphemy!

:wink: I dunno... I know it drags in some parts, but I just love the overall message of the movie. It restores my faith in humanity, even if that feeling doesn't last for long. I can't explain it. lol.

Last edited:
Queen Bee said:

Am I the only person that wasn't impressed with Love Actually?

I'm with you. I did not get the big to-do about Love Actually. My folks have it on DVD, so I suppose it may be thrown into the mix, but I thought it was terrible. Schmaltzy, unfunny, and a bunch of characters whose stories made me want to puke more than go "Awwww." Call me a grinch if you must, but it was not for me!

mabel said:

I'm with you. I did not get the big to-do about Love Actually. My folks have it on DVD, so I suppose it may be thrown into the mix, but I thought it was terrible. Schmaltzy, unfunny, and a bunch of characters whose stories made me want to puke more than go "Awwww." Call me a grinch if you must, but it was not for me!

It's not that great of a movie, but it has just about every one of my favorite actors (namely Emma Thompson, Alan Rickman, and Colin Firth), which is why I love it. The Kiera Knightly and guy-from-The-Office vignettes are annoying.

mabel said:

:love:

Glad I'm not alone :up:

Back
Top Bottom