What ever happened to Daniel Day Lewis?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Go to my Gangs of New York thread on this exact forum and see me talk about the film he is making his comeback in. A few years ago he went into retirement but he is coming out of retirement for this one film and maybe to direct his wife in some projects from what I hear. Don't ask me why he went into retirement, prolly to be with his family.

~rougerum

I would like to see him play Sherlock Holmes. There was a rumour he might. I think he's one of the few actors in the world today who could maybe pull it off half-decently.

------------------
A place that has to be believed to be seen...

I LOVE Daniel Day-Lewis. By far one of if not the best actors working today. He immerses himself in his work. And he's unafraid to pick non-commercial kinds of roles...things in which he doesn't always come off as a hero or particularly lovable.

Btw, I believe he met his wife while making The Crucible and that she is the daughter of the guy who wrote that play. I also had heard that he decided to be with his family rather than do films for the time being. I don't recall if he planned it to be a permanent retirement or not.

Rouge, I'll definitely go find that thread.

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

manda, luuuuv him in LOTM too.
biggrin.gif
imagine...a sexy guy with a brain.

The Crucible is another good performance of his.

If I remember correctly he broke his back several years ago which likely had something to do with his retirement. Good to hear he's okay and working on a new film, he's excellent at his craft.

Originally posted by Innocent Eyes:
Sorry to hear he may have been injured. I would really love to see him play Sherlock Holmes, he's the only actor now who could.

Since Jeremy Brett died
frown.gif
frown.gif

------------------
A place that has to be believed to be seen...

Back
Top Bottom