what do you want the next album to sound like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I rather like Radiohead's Sgt. Pepper period. More Kid A would be nice, if they brought it further it'd be even better; I want to be surprised (as opposed to disappointed).

foray

------------------
so bounce, basketball, bounce

I read this quote from Thom in the latest Q:

"My ambition is to make a record that's funky, that makes you want to have sex."

Right now, I'm more likely to find a plate of boiled potatoes more sexy and funky than Radiohead's music, but then again I wouldn't ever think that a scrawny pasty kid like Beck could make an album as sexy as "Midnight Vultures", so...

from nme.com

RADIOHEAD are working "bloody hard" on their new album which will be released "sooner than you think", according to THOM YORKE.
The band are currently in the studio working on the follow-up to last year's 'Amnesiac', and plan to premiere some new songs on a short tour of Spain and Portugal in July and August.

According to the unofficial Radiohead website, www.ateaseweb.com, Thom Yorke chatted to fans via the band's messageboard on Saturday night (May 11).

Speaking about the new album, he revealed: "We are working bloody hard on it now. We are trying to be a bit more focused, less neurotic. It'll be sooner than you think...some old songs may appear."

He joked that the when the group tour later this year, their set will be "virtually all new" and "virtually all under rehearsed". He also dismissed the annual rumour that his band are the surprise guests at this year's Glastonbury.

He concluded: "Sorry, we aren't. We never said we would this year. This always happens. It's a compliment that the rumour spreads, but we ain't ain't ain't. Maybe next year."

Radiohead are critic's darling, they have their own legion of underground fans, they dont sell many records,their album sells on word of mouth publicity and hecne they get a lots of respect.So it doesn't matter what type of record they will come up with.It will be revered and chersihed and rule many a discussion boards.

So if they will come up bare bones album, then it would be, what U2 wanted ATYCLB to be,if they will take another quantum leap, that would be, what a music album should be in the year 2002.

------------------
Gravity Pulls Me Down,U2 Lifts Me Up

Originally posted by Don Vito Corleone:
More classic. I want them to turn back like U2 did after Pop. I want Radiohead to record their own ATYCLB.

Wouldn't that be Pablo Honey?

Radiohead could record an album with WHITE NOISE all the way through... and fans would go out and buy it... thinking it's the future for rocknroll.

[This message has been edited by theSoulfulMofo (edited 05-14-2002).]

Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo:
Wouldn't that be Pablo Honey?

Radiohead could record an album with WHITE NOISE all the way through... and fans would go out and buy it... thinking it's the future for rocknroll.

Ahh, too funny. Actually people would either call it the future, or art. Either way they're wrong. Radiohead could seriously use another Bends or OK Computer to revalidate themselves.

U2 and Radiohead are going in two completely different directions. U2's star continues to rise and will soon eclipse the sun and remain to light our galaxy forever. Radiohead's is spiralling out of control to a forgotten death somewhere in the Nevada desert wasteland.

Just an opinion mind you.

Gabriel

I think we need an album were we can actually understand what Thom is saying.

Although I do like the way he sings, like an extra instrument.

I'd like to hear more guitars too....at least be able to hear a guitar that hasn't gone through thousands of processors or something

More BASS! All bass, as a matter of fact. And some Thom singing. Because I like his voice.

And a tambourine, please. Just for fun, on one song.
biggrin.gif

I would LOVE something not-so-serious sounding, something Super Furry Animals-ish, with all the social/political commentary.

------------------
"The line on the screen is broken. What once was asleep has woken." - I Am Kloot, "To You"

45 minute bass solos in every song. thats all i ask.

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

How about a tuna duet? I'd pay good money for that.

Sorry, I'm all Radiohead-ed out at the moment. Though True Love Waits is a fine, fine song...

Back
Top Bottom