What do you use for bookmarks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
I just realized that I always use old sports tickets for bookmarks. I've got a stack of summer reading and unfinished other reads all with Phillies, Sixers, Villanova, Penn State, etc. tickets in the pages.

What do you use for bookmarks?

Usually just scrap paper. But then I will use the same scrap paper bookmark for months. Makes it tough when I have more than one book going at once...but that is rare since I often read a book in one sitting.

I know a guy who makes these lovely wood bookmarks, but I still haven't bought one. :(

Little paper bookmarks. I have a little pile of them, the free ones that bookstores slip in the book when you buy them.

My favorite is a laminated bookmark with a Dorothy Parker quote:

"This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force."

:wink:

Whatever I have handy. I always keep things like plane and train boarding passes, so I often use those. I wish I had more Penn State tickets to use :drool:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I wish I had more Penn State tickets to use :drool:

I've only been up to one game recently, but I managed to get a White Out 2006 shirt. It's the shit, to say the least. :drool:

All kinds of stuff... but currently a baseball game ticket I took my dad to for his bday from last summer.

I also like to use postcards I've received from friends.

I either memorize the page number or I use the receipt from when I bought the book or the receipt from the library. Seems like a logical place to keep it and it serves a purpose in keeping my place too. :D

phillyfan26 said:

I've only been up to one game recently, but I managed to get a White Out 2006 shirt. It's the shit, to say the least. :drool:

The last game I was at was four years ago. My dad and I were celebrating that I'd moved from Florida back to real college football country :wink:

I prefer using movie ticket stubs. And I went through a phase where I was using the little card-tags from clothing I'd purchased. My brother started making fun of me for not using real bookmarks though, so he bought me one :lol: It's shaped like a champagne bottle :drool:

Nothing. I usually leave them face down on the page (there's only one or two people I trade books with so no one needs to freak out about me wrecking the spines, they're usually my own). If I don't do that I just look for a few seconds till I get the right page. It's a self imposed hardship, I know.

I don't use bookmarks either. I can usually figure out where I am on a book. It annoys me when my sister loses her bookmark and freaks out.

I don't use them but I always get pissed off because then it takes me like four hours to find wjere I was up to, and I reread abunch of sdtuff.

Back
Top Bottom