What do you think Shakira's music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never heard her music-but I have seen her -she is beautiful.

Dang it-she stole my bod
wink.gif

image7.jpg

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

One of my co-workers loves her and her music.

She is beautiful, but I've never heard her music.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

She's radically changed her style to fit into the current pop landscape. A few years ago, she was Latin music's answer to Alanis Morrissette, and now she's the Latina Britney Spears (but with a real singing voice). Her earlier stuff was much more reflective, original and deep. But I guess she went the way of Marc Anthony and J.LO, and well, there ya go.

SHAKIRA RULES! I'm Colombian, U.S. Citizen too, and I love that she's getting big. We have so many problems - and the media kills us every chance they have - so seeing an artist like her go big is exactly what we need. She's very cool, I got to meet her because she dated my half-cousin for about two years. Pretty amazing. She's very inspired, she uses Colombia as her inspiration which is a great thing. She loves her country....and she's very good lookin
smile.gif
. Shakira rocks!

Hello,

When I was in Spain in 1998/1999 is heard her music a lot. I liked it (her album Donde Estan Los Ladrones?) although I didn't buy the album then. I'm still planning on buying it though...

Anyway, I like her. Haven't heard her English songs yet.

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

I don't mind Shakira's music at all...though I've only heard her newest song...

What I found astonishing about her, though, is the revelation that she is a borderline SMURFETTE...coming in at only 4 foot 9 inches tall...which is rather short for a woman in today's society.

She's radically changed her style to fit into the current pop landscape. A few years ago, she was Latin music's answer to Alanis Morrissette, and now she's the Latina Britney Spears (but with a real singing voice). Her earlier stuff was much more reflective, original and deep. But I guess she went the way of Marc Anthony and J.LO, and well, there ya go.

I agree, I sort of liked her unplugged CD and was looking forward to see where she would progress, but she just jumped the rails completely. Oh, well.

[This message has been edited by hermes (edited 11-30-2001).]

i like shakira's music. i think it's unique and fun. you should try her old material, i have a few spanish mp3s. a good easy rock song is "moscas en la casa" or for something lively try "ojos asi," it will make you want to shake it, shake it, shake it (Salome...)
smile.gif

------------------
"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

She was good on SNL this past week...and yowza, she's hot.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Her English singing voice annoys me. Gggrrr I haven't heard her sing in Spanish, but I hope it's better.

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, then we are close to each other."
~BonoBaby~

"I believed in leaving your life for rock and roll, and in television, and in origins..."

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up." ~BonoBaby~

BTW what's the meaning of the 'laundry service' thing?

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, then we are close to each other."
~BonoBaby~

"I believed in leaving your life for rock and roll, and in television, and in origins..."

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up." ~BonoBaby~

I hate Shakira's ENGLISH stuff! You can't understand a damn thing!

BUT I like her Spanish stuff! "Pies descalzos" is an AWESOME album!!!

Oh and I she looked way prettier with her black hair IMO! I dunno about her as a blonde! YUCK!

------------------
Love, slowly stripped away
Love has seen its better day...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Her Spanish language stuff is very good...I am optimistic...perhaps she just did that fluff stuff to get an audience and after she reels them in she shows her true talent...and there is a lot more to her than those bado boom moves!!!
smile.gif

oh....and short women RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dream wanderer

[This message has been edited by dream wanderer (edited 12-07-2001).]

I sincerely hope she returns to recording her music IN SPANISH.

I fell in love with this very talented singer AND MUSIC WRITER a couple of years ago when I discovered "Donde Estan Los Ladrones".

At first I said, "awww man, she's trying to copy Alanis Morrisette, but in spanish (Anyone ever heard the lead singer for the group "Mana" and what he soumds like??). Anyway, I heard the CD,... and it was great!

Now this... "Laundry Service"???
Oy veyyy
frown.gif

Shakira, que te han hecho????

Some recording sleeze (Gloria Estefan's husband???) has taken this dear talented woman and made her into another blonde bimbo singing slut.
What a shame.
She can hardly speak the language (Give Linda Ronstadt her due for pulling off her spanish language albums some years ago).
She's being misrepresented.

I'll stick to my "Ladrones" CD, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom