What do you crazy citizens of tomorrow do on the internets these days?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicBono

ONE love, blood, life
I've noticed lately that I've been bored on the internet, which is dumb because the internet surely has enough stuff to do to fill a lifetime. So what do you guys usually do? I go on to talk to people on AIM, primarily. I of course check my email and go on here, as well as facebook and myspace (facebook mostly these days, myspace has become a wasteland). I use last.fm and iLike. I look at a few webcomics: nataliedee.com, marriedtothesea.com, and toothpastefordinner.com. Sometimes I attempt to play Starcraft but I pretty much suck at it (it's pretty fun though). I look up stuff on wikipedia and youtube of course... beyond that I don't do much. I guess that sounds like a lot but I'm on the computer a lot because I often times don't have much better to do (hopefully this will change soon).

So how about you all? What do you do on the internet and do you spend a lot of time on it, or just a little?

AtomicBono, I agree...your list of stuff seems exactly like what I do. If I have enough inspiration/boredom, I'll hook up my guitar and make me a song on Garageband...put it on myspace. Otherwise, I get totally bored and feel like a loser on the nights that my friends work/spend time with family.

reminds me:

www.myspace.com/themarquislife

its great fun lol

MySpace x 2 (I have a fansite I run there now), VIRB, here and Pete Yorn's message board, Foamy the Squirrel when a new toon comes out, World of Warcraft, LiveJournal, endless music searching, news check, weather check, pay the bills...yeah, that's about it. :wink:

I've kind of gotten addicted to MySpace over the last few months (and just when I'm getting the hang of it, everyone's switching to Facebook and I just can't be bothered.) Yeah, I know I'm a few years behind, but you're talking to someone who managed to avoid getting a cell phone for the first 24 years of her life :wink:. But most of my online time lately has been spent doing research for school, checking e-mail, hitting up iTunes, paying bills, and writing blogs.

I don't do facebook or the other one you lot mentioned. I don't chat to people in chat rooms or the msn business. I rarely remember to open my emails, let alone reply to them. I despise wikipedia and never use it. I write obnoxious replies to obnoxious people on forums like this one occasionally, and occasionally play mindless waste-of-time games. I spent too much time in online databases and journals in my view, so I balance it by finding the most trivial and pointless stuff I can. I should probably be ashamed at how little I use it to communicate with people who are genuine friends.

One thing I have taken to doing lately is:
www.abebooks.com
:drool:

Aw. Thanks, Beaver.

Hee. "Beaver." Sorry, I never got over my knee-jerk Beavis & Butthead reaction to that word. I need help.

Blue Crack. YouTube, especially series (check out daxflame...watch from the beginning. it's amazing.), ironictimes.com, postsecret.blogspot.com, planning trips/searching for airfare even if it's for several years from now or just a fantasy, gchat (I never go on aim anymore), occasionally blogging, reading blogs (political, friends', random crap I find links to).

I quit facebook last fall, once in a while I go on and check out friends' pictures or events. I might rejoin after I graduate from college next spring - I need something to keep in touch with friends.

I spend most of my time on another forum. There's less than 2000 members, but it moves a lot faster than Interference these days. Other than that, I answer e-mails (work, not personal), visit Interference, research various other projects I'm working on (like building an agility course for my dog), and maintain my five websites. I rarely read blogs and I check Facebook maybe once a month if someone reminds me.

Angela Harlem said:
I don't do facebook or the other one you lot mentioned. I don't chat to people in chat rooms or the msn business. I rarely remember to open my emails, let alone reply to them. I despise wikipedia and never use it. I write obnoxious replies to obnoxious people on forums like this one occasionally, and occasionally play mindless waste-of-time games. I spent too much time in online databases and journals in my view, so I balance it by finding the most trivial and pointless stuff I can. I should probably be ashamed at how little I use it to communicate with people who are genuine friends.

you rule you know that?

i admit to being a facebook whore though.

here's a few things i do...

Here
myspace
youtube
buy dvd's on half.com and amazon.com
sell and buy stuff on ebay and craigslist

http://www.sightspeed.com - video chat in Live Stream form (it really is like TV) with my best friend an soon family.... you can make 3-way video calls, an its all free, you need a webcam, somebody needs to join me, i'd love to talk and see to people from here!

http://www.tvunetworks.com/ - a Live streaming TV program/application with channels around the world

umm, thats all i can recall that i do online..

What do you crazy citizens of tomorrow do on the internets these days?

User experience
Blogosphere
AJAX
SEO
XML
Strategic alignment
RSS
Longtail
Podcasts
Godcasts
Wikis
Standardization