What do you collect?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I was watching "the Incurable Collector" which got me thinkin (dangerous I know) .

So besides lint and dustbunnies :rolleyes: (and U2 stuff, of course), I collect unusual teapots & mugs, Blackware (black pottery), and glass paperweights and objet d'art (and if I could afford anything by Dale Chihuly, I'd have his whole collection! www.chihuly.com His stuff is absolutely out of this world!) :heart::heart::heart:

So what do *you* collect?

OOOOOH nice thread :D

I collect stamps, postcards, birthday cards ppl have given me and articles i write for the newspaper

And beermats

And vinyl and cd's and posters and anything related to music

And thats about it i think.......yeh i think thats everything :D

i am a packrat. i collect everything. and don't throw anything away. my room is a junkyard... it s quite sad....
i used to collect beanie babies... and i've got over 100 of them..
i collect keychains, pencils and cds, jeweleryy.... fun fun:D

Fun Tshirts :) I dunno if it counts as collecting since I wear them all :shifty: But I have way too many

I collect Guinness bottles, glasswork and cans. I also collect La Chouffe beer, the Bottles and Glasses. And i am a collector of setlists. I realy am a maniac about that. At every concert you can find me trying to climb the stage. The best one is the one of the farwell concert of Big Country.:sad:

mini-bcsetglasgow.bmp.jpg
:drool:

:scratch: .......I hardly throw anything away, but.... :scratch: .....besides U2 thingies I don't collect anything.... :shrug: .....poor one me is....

hey LM, where are you now??

cheesy snowglobes.

i have one from colorado with cowboys and indians in ski gear. it's my favorite.

souLnation2002 said:
i am a packrat. i collect everything. and don't throw anything away. my room is a junkyard... it s quite sad....

Haha. That sounds like me. I save EVERYTHING. I used to save ticket stubs from important things, like plane trips I took, or art exhibits I went to that were cool or, well, movies that I liked. Heh. I like to put the said everything that I collect into scrapbooks and whatnot, so it's a wee bit more organized and enjoyable to look at.

I also tend to develop these little obsessions (my family: little?) and then collect EVERYTHING having to do with the object of my obsession. I did it with the Beatles when I was 14 and now it's U2. Tapes, magazines, cds, boots, posters. You name it. I keep it and covet it. It works out well cause when my obsession wanes a for a wee bit, I can look back and enjoy all the cool stuff I amassed in the midst of my collecting frenzy. :D

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

Haha. That sounds like me. I save EVERYTHING. I used to save ticket stubs from important things, like plane trips I took, or art exhibits I went to that were cool or, well, movies that I liked. Heh. I like to put the said everything that I collect into scrapbooks and whatnot, so it's a wee bit more organized and enjoyable to look at.

I also tend to develop these little obsessions (my family: little?) and then collect EVERYTHING having to do with the object of my obsession. I did it with the Beatles when I was 14 and now it's U2. Tapes, magazines, cds, boots, posters. You name it. I keep it and covet it. It works out well cause when my obsession wanes a for a wee bit, I can look back and enjoy all the cool stuff I amassed in the midst of my collecting frenzy. :D

heh, thats me in two paragraphs. :eeklaugh:

i think i get this from my dad's side. he's just like me. you should see our gargage and basement... its packed. very neatly may i add. my mom is always trying to get us to throw some stuff out and me and my dad are all 'no!!! waht are you crazy???' so. ya, my mom sees the stuff as junk and my dad and i see it as treasure! lol :D thats my story!

Well, U2 stuff is a given. I also collect Barbie dolls...not collectible ones though. Just regular Barbies from their play line. I can't fork over money for those really expensive fancy dolls...besides...I like takin' my dolls out of the box to dress 'em up, fix their hair, arrange them in my Barbie mansion, etc. :D

Hello,

For me it is officially released U2 tracks. And I mean all of them! At this moment I'm still missing about 30 tracks (not that bad when you consider U2 have released more than 400 tracks (and this includes different versions of one song)). Finding them on bootlegs and on P2P networks is probably not that difficult, but I want them on an officially released medium. So if anyone has that Numb promo with the Perfecto Mix on it lying around...

Besides that, I'm also addicted to buying CD's.

In short, a hopeless case... :)

Marty

Here's a picture of my collection...the pole is blocking some dolls though, and I've also made some new acquisitions since this picture was taken:

3353537923232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E232333288%3C269ot1lsi

Oh...if anybody has some Barbies they are lookin' to get rid of...email or PM me! :cute: :)

souLnation2002 said:

heh, thats me in two paragraphs. :eeklaugh:

i think i get this from my dad's side. he's just like me. you should see our gargage and basement... its packed. very neatly may i add. my mom is always trying to get us to throw some stuff out and me and my dad are all 'no!!! waht are you crazy???' so. ya, my mom sees the stuff as junk and my dad and i see it as treasure! lol :D thats my story!

OMG we are the same person. My dad is totally the same way. My mom has recently gone on a spree to clean/organize the entire house. My normally rational dad won't even let her throw away wine magazines from 1975. He also has this old set of croquet clubs that he won't let anyone touch with the intent to get rid of them. He does not play croquet, nor has he ever played croquet. Aaahhh, irrationally obsessive packrats. Gotta love 'em. ;)

I used to be a massive collector of Gone with the Wind merchandise, back in high school. I don't know how I came up with the $$ for some of the stuff, as some were antiques! My collection was regulated to the basement when we moved, so there's about $3,000 worth of GWTW memorabillia sitting in a musty basement. :slant:

Currently, it's postcards, Hello Kitty, and rock star relics, hehe. :macdevil:

Re: hey LM, where are you now??

Lilly said:
cheesy snowglobes.

i have one from colorado with cowboys and indians in ski gear. it's my favorite.

I just recently saw the beautiful above mentioned collection.:yes:

I don't really collect anything. I am collecting those stupid quarters with the states on them.:slant: I have all of them so far except Indiana. A nerd am I.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

OMG we are the same person. My dad is totally the same way. My mom has recently gone on a spree to clean/organize the entire house. My normally rational dad won't even let her throw away wine magazines from 1975. He also has this old set of croquet clubs that he won't let anyone touch with the intent to get rid of them. He does not play croquet, nor has he ever played croquet. Aaahhh, irrationally obsessive packrats. Gotta love 'em. ;)

heh heh, my dad has some time magazines from ... geez, i dunno, the 70s and 80s. He's also got every issue of that Car and Auto magazine from the 70s till now. Its kinda sad. He's also got a massive collection of stamps and coins. He used to like to lurk Ebay, but my mom made him stop, lol, cos he was buying too much stuff!!

I collect Movies on DVD and video VHS/NTSC from around the world ( USA , Russia , France , UK , Europe , Asia + the rest of the world ) . I do have 11000000000000's of books , i like to read very much . random genres . but the best item in my collection is "Soviet communist propoganda book " from 1930's and Sherlok Holmes Adventure release from 1923 . both i've bought on e-bay or on black market .

typo alert!!!

I collected stamps for about the first 14 years of my life, than had a big break.I have only just back into it recently and am enjoying it immensely. They areally tell a story. I was in the post office on August 8th 2oo2.A dual release between Thailand and Australia became available that day. It is a waterlilly series. Waterlillies are very special to me. I look forward to buying them this week:)

I have collected every article that has appeared about my hub's bands since he got back into playing bass. And bits and pieces about other friends bands. It is quite an archive, I treasure it, others are delighted when they see a long forgotten article. A lot of the newspaper articles are very yellow now:DI wish I had taken more care witht the storage.

I have a small collection(well it's growing) of animal figurines, my menagerie.
I love old china. I found a blue striped tea cup and saucer at a lawn sale years ago from Carrigaline Pottery in Co.Cork. Perfect condition $1:) I recently found the matching milk jug, a bargain 50c. In another 10 years I may find the sugar bowl and have the set. I used to go to garage/lawn sales a lot when we were getting started, there is/was some treasure to be found. My 'friend and I called it "garage sailing" bit of yacht fantasy going on there I think. We had some laughs I can tell you.

So yes down right bower bird, I am, particularly attracted to blue things,just as real bower birds are:)
I collect stories too, you may have noticed:D
I definitely collect music and videos by musicians I love.

My kids got into basket ball cards one year spent a small fortune. I told them, "kiddie gambling" but then later they sprung me. They found my Elvis cards in my guitar case. That was a laugh.But I had only spent $2, but did they listen to that argument ? oh no
short answer...I place way too much sentimental value in objects, I love old things. I am on the verge of a big rationalisation, a cull....soon:)

Last edited:
I collect:

-Star Trek autographs (the ones I actually get in person at the conventions, not the kind you can buy anywhere...half of my living room wall is covered with autographed Star Trek photos :lmao: )

-Matchbooks (I got this habbit from my mom...she always collects matchbooks from restaurants we'd go to, and now I do too)

-Postage Stamps

-Business Cards

-Foreign Money

-Ticket Stubs (I have ticket stubs from almost every concert I've been too, and movie I've seen (except the ones I forget and leave in my pocket when laundry time comes :lol:) and places I've been)...as a matter of fact, the other day I was cleaning my apartment, and found my ticket stub from when I went to the very top outside on the roof of the World Trade Center in 1999. It says "Top of the World" on it :sad:

Now that I think of it, really just U2 boots. And it's not all that impressive... :D

I used to do stamps... but lost interest when I got older.

I collect:angel: Angel:angel: figurines (Is that even a word? :D) Books on Angels....and anything with Angels in it!

Last edited:
I always had a collector mentality. When I was younger I collected candy wrappers, badges (nearly 600, pity I had to leave them back in Russia), cards. Some of my less conventional collections included the notebook where I would write my night dreams, and another where I collected personal names from around the world.

Now I mostly collect CDs, music & movies mags, concert tickets and books on photography.

Aside from cds and U2 stuff...

My mom collects spoons from different places, but says she'll eventually give them to me. :D

Back
Top Bottom