What CDs Do You Have on Your Holiday Wish List?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
I had to add a few more last night because my mom was asking me for more ideas, so here are the ones I've asked for:

Want Two, Rufus Wainwright
Medulla, Bjork
The Very Best Of, Ladysmith Black Mambazo
Songs of Love, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
Agaetis Byrjun, Sigur Ros
Barenaked for the Holidays, Barenaked Ladies
Oh Inverted World, the Shins
Details, Frou Frou

Well? :)

I haven't put any CD's on my Christmas wish list. :ohmy:
My parents already think I have way too many CD's (400+ and counting), so I doubt they'll buy me some more. Besides, I'm addicted to buying CD's, so I want to buy them myself. :mac:

Take yesterday as an example. I was doing Christmas shopping and I ended up buying 3 CD's for myself. Granted, they were all on offer for just 5 euro, but still. :wink:

Over 30 CDs, like I do every year :)

But I have a feeling I won't be getting them. My family's fed up with me asking for CDs exclusively.

there weren't that many this year, I asked for the Sex and the City Season 6 DVDs and my parents are paying for this round of tennis lessons, so I won't be getting many.....but if anyone *here* is feeling generous.....

The Slackers - International War Criminal
Dosh - Pure Trash
Deerhoof- Milk Man
Mouse On Mars - Radical Connector
Xiu Xiu - Fabulous Muscles

The Dosh album is the one I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want though. I got to engineer him when he played in Chicago last month and it was just fucking incredible. He's a one-man band. But not the cheesey kind. The asskicking, live-mixing, super-duper fabulous kind. Check him out when he plays near you. Oh also, he's in Fog.

I usually just tell my family to get me whatever... but this year I finally made a list of couple of cds that weren't too obscure and that they probably wouldn't have a problem buying for me:

Robbie Williams - Greatest Hits and Sing When You're Winning
Embrace - Out of Nothing
Travis - Singles
The Clash - London Calling

I also requested a couple of books... hopefully I'll get at least a couple of these things!

:)

Probably the big fat deluxe edition of 'The Holy Bible'.

Manic Street Preachers, I should clarify.

I'd like a bit more Johnny Clegg. I've only heard two of his songs and it's a bit difficult tracking down his material.

Oh and bloody hell, Keren Ann. All four of her records.

Edit: Ought to mention no one's getting me any of this stuff, so I'll probably use my birthday money or something.

Last edited:
bruce springsteen - the ghost of tom joad (because i don't actually own a copy :reject: )
slapshot - back on the map OR step on it
roger miret & the disasters 1st album (cos i still only have a burned copy)
agnostic front - riot riot upstart (same thing about the burned copy)
social distortion - prison bound

forgot:
some sort of johnny cash
flogging molly - swagger

:shrug:

it's not like my family will be able to find any of this music, even if they go to the right stores.

:shifty:

would this be a bad time to say i also don't have a real copy of the rising?

i burned one from the copy my mom bought.

:wantmyown:

I already received the couple that were on my wish list.

I'll be getting a U2 Ipod. so the complete discography thing will probably be acquired by myself also.

u2popmofo said:
Did you get the new Rammstein album?

I downloaded it (I will buy it I swear :angel: ) I like it, definitely a departure from their harsh electronic sound from their previous albums, but I think this was inevitable if they want to stay fresh and relevant.
I like all of their tracks except Moskau a little weird for me :huh:
Two favorite songs are Amerika and Ohne Dich. Rammstein rawks \m/

Is their a special title or something for the non-censored DVD???

Last edited:
Bunbury said:
Is their a special title or something for the non-censored DVD???

No sorry, I was wrong. Live aus Berlin has a censored and un-censored version on VHS. Unfortunately the DVD only has a censored version.

For enquiring minds, the un-censored version features the song Buck Dich where all sorts of things are going on on stage with a fake penis (wich earned them some jail time in, where else, the United States).

Back
Top Bottom