What can you say about a crappy vacuum cleaner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Usually you say something 'sucks' but in the case of a vacuum that doesn't work because it's supposed to 'suck' and when it doesn't, that's the problem, so you can't say it 'sucks' because it doesn't! :der: Anyway that's what I was thinking this morning, because mine sucks, well, no it doesn't, uh, never mind.

I hate that. I'm so very attached to my vacuum. I don't particularly enjoy doing chores, but having a good vacuum makes things SO much easier (especially with two cats that love to steal food and leave crumbs all over the house and make lots of messes in general).

Sicy said:
I want a new vaccume but GOD they are expensive. :mad:

This is true. I went to Value City (not sure if that's local or national) and bought a really nice remanufactured bagless one for only $65. It has all the bells and whistles and I've never had a problem with it.

I got this one....

overview.jpg

....:drool:

deep said:
here is my vacuum

it gets emptied
twice a day.

343%3C%3B%3B7523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2326%3D954%3D%3B%3A%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323937%3C9%3A4%3A3ot1lsi

haha :cute:

Oh yeah, I forgot my other one:
scratch.JPG

It has long arms and retractable claws for reaching under the fridge, oven, and other kitchen appliances to remove old food and crumbs.

tiny dancer said:
Anyone here have a bagless vacuum?. I am thinking about getting one.

Yes. It's OK. Emptying it can be a mess b/c you can't just dump it, you have to knock all the dust out of the filter. Usually I dump the container into a trash bag, then put the filter in a trash bag and wrap it up while I'm still holding it, then whap it against the side of the house for a few minutes whilst in the bag (to keep the mushroom clouds of dust contained). I do this once every 2-3 weeks, but I vacuum a LOT (my room, the bathroom, the hallways, the upstairs living room, the kitchen 1-2 times a week and also let the other 4 girls use my vacuum) b/c the cats are either spilling food, fighting and ripping each others' hair out, or tracking litter around. Next time I want to go all-out on the filter-less bagless Dyson cyclone thingy.

A family member of mine was a little disturbed that I had spent so much money for the Dyson, but with my bad allergies, this vacuum really helped.
Ever since I got it, it's not such a drag to do this chore.......it's worth every penny.

I inherited my vacuum cleaner (a canister model) and since I never remember my mum having any other one, this thing has to be over 40 years old. :huh:

I'm going to be moving soon...and the vacuum isn't coming with me. :|

Back
Top Bottom