What are your plans....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lest We Forget

Forever and a day...
My son will be 20 tomorrow, it will always be the day before that day, always. He's grown into a good man. I'll have just finished giving thanks for his life and the joy it has brought me and the next day will dawn.
20 years, one year, September 11...time moves so quickly. I'll reflect, as I do every day, on how beautiful this world is, how much sorrow man can create with his greed and how precious our loved ones are and pray that the decisions made now, are the right ones.
There are 2 services at the local Christchurch cathedral here on September 11th. I won't attend, but I'll pay my respects in private.
RIP all who have lost their lives
and Peace of heart and mind to those who have suffered their loss.
ONE

going to work and then I and a few friends I was with that morning are going to a Mass at a church in Jersey City. The church took us in the morning of Sept. 11 after we were evacuated from Lower Manhattan so we're going to go back and say thanks.

Then maybe a candlelight vigil or prayer service in the city that night.

This probably sounds terrible, but thinking about Sept. 11 is the farthest thing from my mind right now. My father passed away three weeks ago. I have to work this day anyway.

I plan to refrain from watching TV of any kind that day. I don't need to relive that day again. It is too painful and watching it happen all over again isn't going to make it better and it certainly isn't going to make it not exist.
9/11 is a day I will never forget without the visual reminders.

Angel said:
I plan to refrain from watching TV of any kind that day. I don't need to relive that day again. It is too painful and watching it happen all over again isn't going to make it better and it certainly isn't going to make it not exist.
9/11 is a day I will never forget without the visual reminders.

My thoughts exactly! Although for me it wasn't really 'painful' but just came as a shock and I felt very sad.

I guess I feel more detached living in the UK.

Jo

my game plan

go to work...prepare f0r the flood of 9-11 related emails im going to get that ive gotten 100 times before...wonder why the media is only patriotic after a disastor....get a chill down my spin about the knowladge that with all this attention its only a matter of time before someone else getts froggy...call home and let them know im aight...reflect on everything that has happned and be glad that im still alive on gods green earth...light a few candles, make a mala, medatate, and then go to bed....just a nother day for a memeber of the us air force...

My plans:

My car's headlights will be ON when driving thru town;
I will wear something REDWHITEand BLUE;
May go to a church service.
I will thank God for all the blessings He has poured out on our wonderful country!!!

:heart:I LOVE AMERICA!!!
:heart:

:yes::up::cute::D:wave:

Last edited:
senrab said:
This probably sounds terrible, but thinking about Sept. 11 is the farthest thing from my mind right now. My father passed away three weeks ago. I have to work this day anyway.

What you said doesn't sound terrible at all, but instead, completely understandable. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Back
Top Bottom