What are ya gonna call the little cherubs??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
All this talk of names and similar things brings me to another question:

What are you going to call your next child (first and second names) assuming you are at one point have one or having another one?

Mine would be:

Boy - James Daniel....

Girl- Jessica Eve....

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Don't have 'em, never will (thanks, doc!), but I always wanted to name my son James Clifford and call him Jimmy Cliff, after the singer. Grandpa's name was Clifford, and I love Jimmy Cliff's voice.

There ya go.

------------------
They say that magic and the science world collide
Oh, but Einstein saw me lookin' at her and he joined my side

Jonathan Richman
"A Higher Power"

Hmm, I haven't thought it out in that much detail, like first and middle names. To be honest, the only part about having kids that appeals to me is choosing names for them! Who knows, maybe that will change some day when I've been married for ten years or something (not that that looks incredibly likely to happen at this poin...
rolleyes.gif
)

Anyway, I actually love James as a name for a boy. I really like traditional names for boys. I loved Michael recently but don't right now...long story. I also love Welsh names. Emrys is one of my favourite names for a boy but it's a little strange in North America. Liam and Niall are great too.

For girls, more Welsh names...Rhiannon, Angharad, Ceridwen, Gwyneth etc...I like Heather but there are so many Heathers. Also like Emily and Joanna, among others.

------------------
Your seven worlds collide
Whenever I am by your side
Dust from a distant sun
Will shower over everyone

-Crowded House

Yes I like Celtic names too Scatter.

I dont wanna say mine cause y'all might steal em! hehehe

I like Liam, Jett, Finn,

I also love Hawaiian names..Kailani
I may however choose a name from a book or after a poet.

Oscar? hehehe

Hrmm...

I really like unisex names..

So, bc I don't know if I want kids, I do like these names:

Chloe, Megan, Zoe, Jarvis, Declan, Liam, Damon, Trent, Jason, Ryan, Jordan, Fiona, Rachel, Gwendolyn (Gwen for short).

Well, I have been told that the names I have picked for my future children are quite odd..here are a few that I have narrowed down.

Boy- Laden Gabriel, Nigel Gabriel, John Taylor (*snicker*),John Bono, or Quinton Chandler

Girl- Yasmin Morleigh, Sydney Morleigh, Katia Sinead, Yasmin Giovanna, Ireland Rose

Please dont steal
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 are not gods..but they are damn near it!"

haha I like so many names. I'd just write them all down and put together whatever sounds nice. Like Joshua, James, Daniel, Benjamin, John, Jack, Luke. For girls, its harder. Courtney, Jessica, Caitlyn, Alicia. Im so boring. If I was really game I'd use Oscar, Oliver or Felix. Dunno, the kids'd only end up hating whatever I picked anyway! Then you gotta consider what nicknames they will get and if they can be teased...Blaah.

Tyler Marcus
Elizabeth Katherine
Nigel Mitchell

I want to name my son Bono, but my other half says no, and Paul is out because that's my brothers name
frown.gif

If it was a boy and I was ina mischevious mood, then Maurince Ronald would do. Then I could stand on the porch and yell "Mo-Ron!" all day before dinner.

My boys: Jackson David- to go by "Jack" and Robert Douglas- after my favorite grandpa, uncle and cousin

My girls: Katherine Quinn- she'll go by Quinn
and Regan Diane

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
To be honest, the only part about having kids that appeals to me is choosing names for them! Who knows, maybe that will change some day when I've been married for ten years or something (not that that looks incredibly likely to happen at this poin...
rolleyes.gif
).

I feel the same way!

Actually, i do have my doubts about whether I will ever get married, and I really have my doubts as to whether i will ever have children. The idea doesnt appeal to me much at ALL right now, but you never know.
If I did have them, I may name a boy after my husband, a girl after my mom or I, or give them something Irish or even U2-ish.
biggrin.gif

Powerful, dramatic names appeal to me. I would never choose a unisex name or anything really nutty like some famous folk have given their kids. And i most definitely would not choose anything trendy.

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 01-16-2002).]

Not that I'm planning on having any, but here are mine:

Boy: Gavin Paul (lol), Hunter Tyler

Girl: Tara Rose, Alexis Sageline

(Those were when I was 13 and reading too many romance novels, lol)

------------------
Cut out the poetry
Let's hit the main artery
No time for a tourniquet
Let the colour's all run out of me

Originally posted by Morleigh:
John Taylor (*snicker*)

yeah nice idea :p
btw i also noticed the names yasmin and nigel...hmmm!! lol j/k girlie

umm mine are (i did this like a year ago so i probably changed my mind but i can't think right now)...

boy: timothy paige, trevor john, matthew nicholas
girl: rhiannon marie, chloe sierra, sadie madeleine

------------------
headline in tomorrow's papers...
ME!

li'l koba
or
skyler.

------------------
one cannot be betrayed if one has no people.

My first son will be James Dean. My second son will be Neil David (after Neil Young and my dad). Because of this, I will probably have girls instead, of whom I have zero names for.

------------------
I've been walking Central Park
Singing after dark
People think I'm crazy

never really thought of this, but ill give it a try

Boy: Matthijs, Daniel (Daan), Joshua, Tim.
Girl: Cara, Raina, Hannah.

seems that i like a's

How come so many of you say that you don't want kids? Auwwwww, you may change your minds one day. My little boy is named Matthew. It's the only name my husband and I could agree on.

I don't think I'll be having kids...I guess at 19, I still feel like I'll never be able to afford to raise a kid.

But...I have thought about names...

For a boy, I like Austin James. For a girl, I like Tigerlily Sunshine...which my family freaks out as...*lol*...but I also like Lila Marie (which some of my family still freaks out at).

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

Back
Top Bottom