What a great album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peterrrrr

New Yorker
Has anyone here ever heard this album? It is a great psycadelic 60's inspired album, very Pink Floyd, Love, 13th Floor Elevators, Syd Barrett, Simon And Garfunkel sounding.

Attachments

• shamendrop.jpg
    shamendrop.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 46
I'm guessing this isn't The Shamen that release 'Ebeanezar Goode' in the early 90's? 'E's are good! E's are good! Ebeanezar Goode!' Top Brit-dance crap!

thatsnotmypuppy said:
I'm guessing this isn't The Shamen that release 'Ebeanezar Goode' in the early 90's? 'E's are good! E's are good! Ebeanezar Goode!' Top Brit-dance crap!

They will alway be rememberd by that song, wich only was a joke and included the rapper Mr.C wich I don't like. But this album was released in 1987, when they were a psycadelic rock band and Mr.C wanst in the band :) Listen to it, you will not think that its them. This record got realy good reviews when it was released in 1987. Just like U2 did Shamen did the opposite to all other groups in the 80's did(pink color hair, "yeah yeah I love" lyrics, record coverart with many strong colors).

I think that the bands period from 1985 to 1990 is very intressting, in 1990 they released En-Tact wich is the best dance album ever recorded in my opiniun. They worked with artists like Graham Massey(808 State), Renegade Soundwave, Orbital, Paul Oakenfold, Steve Osborune, Ed Richards and more. They started to play live with their Synergy shows wich was several hours long, with other bands and djs. They opend a door for bands like Prodigy and Chemical Brothers.

I can mail you the album if you want :)

Back
Top Bottom