Wetwang Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I'm not as tired as I expected to be. I don't think I could push past 4am though. And like I say, I've my trainspotting commitment. So I'll be out very soon. I know, I keep saying that.

What Time are you heading off, I don't remember what you said in the previous thread?

Alisaura said:
I am a cold wuss. And the nights do get cooler up here than they do in Melb ;)

Leccie blankie... :drool:

I used to be a hardy bastard. I hate to emphasise "used to". I remember going to school in shorts and t-shirt in slightly subzero temperatures in New Zealand.

Now, I'm a wimp in even 10 degrees. :(

It's down to 12.3 here at the moment, though it feels a bit warmer inside. I'm not sure my place has entirely got over the heat!

There's a pic somewhere of Bono asleep on a couch in front of a world map... it needs to have a caption like "BONO: Phailing at Geography"

Got the pic? That website Vazza links to in the first post makes the posters very easy to do.

bono_man2002 said:
Oh thats right, you're up in Castlemaine aren't you?

I haven't been there in years, and I'm going to Phail at Geography like bono and ask, where abouts is it? :lol:
Yup...

It's about half an hour's drive south of Bendigo, if that helps...

bono_man2002 said:

What Time are you heading off, I don't remember what you said in the previous thread?

We're meeting at 1pm at Spencer Street Station. You going to be in the city or something?

Axver said:

We're meeting at 1pm at Spencer Street Station. You going to be in the city or something?

Nope. I was just thinking of a "reasonable" sleep time for you. Which was probably, oh....11pm :laugh:

I really need to go soon, my eyes are getting heavy.

Wait, Daniel, in my tiredness, I don't know if you meant heading off tomorrow or now.

Now, 3am. Oops.

Tomorrow, 1pm.

I think I need sleep ASAP.

Alisaura said:

Solitude. :drool:

Dammit, that's what I need. I need to drive off somewhere tomorrow and not see another bloody human being for several hours. Absence of traffic noise would be a bonus too.

:jealous: I've always wanted to do that. Kind of impossible when I'd have to con someone into driving me!

Living in the inner city, it's never fully quiet. And it seems wherever I walk, there's people.

Axver said:
Got the pic? That website Vazza links to in the first post makes the posters very easy to do.
It's on my comp at home... or I could search half of PLEBA (or post a request thread)... I can't be bothered just now. :wink:

:lol: PFan, I only now noticed your title of "Urine Appreciator"!

Alisaura said:

It's on my comp at home... or I could search half of PLEBA (or post a request thread)... I can't be bothered just now. :wink:

I'm sure the demotivational thread won't be in a hurry to die ... :wink:

bono_man2002 said:

Ah yes I know where Bendigo is, so I think I can roughly picture it. Even in my tired state.

I know where Bendigo is too: CENTRAL OTAGO, NEW ZEALAND!

I'm not even kidding. It's just south of Wanaka. Seems gold miners came to Central Otago from Victoria and missed their old gold fields around Bendigo ...

Axver said:
:jealous: I've always wanted to do that. Kind of impossible when I'd have to con someone into driving me!

Living in the inner city, it's never fully quiet. And it seems wherever I walk, there's people.
I could drive you up to the Dandenongs and dump you somewhere and piss off again... :wink:

Bah, people. :madspit:

Alisaura said:

I could drive you up to the Dandenongs and dump you somewhere and piss off again... :wink:

Bah, people. :madspit:

Should I trust you to come back and pick me up? :wink:

Nine out of ten people you'll meet today are Phail Collins.

Axver said:
I know where Bendigo is too: CENTRAL OTAGO, NEW ZEALAND!

I'm not even kidding. It's just south of Wanaka. Seems gold miners came to Central Otago from Victoria and missed their old gold fields around Bendigo ...
Wow, that's bizarre. I don't suppose you know when the NZ Bendigo was settled?

Also, I always thought Otago sounded like somewhere in Japan.

phillyfan26 said:

Yeah, it definitely warrants that kind of mentioning.

I suppose we are all urine appreciators in an unstated, unconscious way ...

Axver said:

I suppose we are all urine appreciators in an unstated, unconscious way ...

I'm the only one who has a nickname about it though.

Pee Fan.

Doesn't get much better than that, does it?

Alisaura said:

Wow, that's bizarre. I don't suppose you know when the NZ Bendigo was settled?

Also, I always thought Otago sounded like somewhere in Japan.

Not 100%, but if I remember correctly, the first gold strike in Central Otago at Gabriel's Gully was in 1863, so it would've been after that and I know the Victorian goldrush started earlier. The Otago goldrush was in full swing in the later half of the 1860s and that's when settlement of the hinterland beyond Dunedin really began in earnest. So Bendigo would've been settled around then.

I don't believe Japan has an Otago, but one of the towns on my native Kapiti Coast (or in the neighbouring Horowhenua region; depends on where you consider the border to be) is Otaki and there's an Otaki in Japan too. Pronounced differently though.

Axver said:
Should I trust you to come back and pick me up? :wink:
Sure, if you trust me not to just drive around in circles for an hour and drop you in some Gardens somewhere and just tell you it was the Dandenongs... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom