Weird Sounds In Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
So check it...I'm driving along...listening to the radio...all of the sudden I hear sirens and freak out and start checking around for an emergency vehicle or something...only to find out it's in the song. :der:

It always makes me jump...it happened when I first heard it in Madonna's "Music"...took me awhile to catch onto that one. Now that "Bump, Bump, Bump" song by B2K and P. Diddy has this weird siren-y sound (not exactly like a siren, but it's odd) in it that always makes me jump a mile. I heard it in the car 3 times today and jumped every time. :der:

Does anybody else have this problem? :crack:

Bonochick said:
So check it...I'm driving along...listening to the radio...all of the sudden I hear sirens and freak out and start checking around for an emergency vehicle or something...only to find out it's in the song. :der:

It always makes me jump...it happened when I first heard it in Madonna's "Music"...took me awhile to catch onto that one. Now that "Bump, Bump, Bump" song by B2K and P. Diddy has this weird siren-y sound (not exactly like a siren, but it's odd) in it that always makes me jump a mile. I heard it in the car 3 times today and jumped every time. :der:

Does anybody else have this problem? :crack:

no, but then again I don't usually listen to such shitty music.

sorry, don't mean to be mean.:der:

lol.

Actually there's a radio commercial they've been playing that makes me think my cell phone is ringing. :der:

I feel like an idiot every time. :mad:

That old song from the 60's, Summer in the City, has a part where the music fades out and horns start honking. Everytime I hear it in the car, I think someone's honking at me and I jump.

climbing up the walls, particularly when played live is somewhat odd.

electronica is weird.

One time I was listening to the Best of Madonna ( :eek: ) thru my headphones and I was on the elevator on my way to the office. Well all of a sudden I hear in my ear, "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING ATTTTTTT" and I freaked because I thought someone in the elevator said that to me so I turned around real fast.

.....It was Madonna, right before "Vogue" started.

I felt like a big loser.

u2loopy said:
One time I was listening to the Best of Madonna ( :eek: ) thru my headphones and I was on the elevator on my way to the office. Well all of a sudden I hear in my ear, "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING ATTTTTTT" and I freaked because I thought someone in the elevator said that to me so I turned around real fast.

.....It was Madonna, right before "Vogue" started.

I felt like a big loser.

:shocked:

:lol: :lmao:

I just remembered this:

In ONE, near the end of the studio version, where Bono starts howling (I suppose)...he then says "yeah, yeah"

and then there's this really weird shout that sounds like 'OY!"

I don't know how else to describe it. It sounds so strange and out of place....has anyone else ever noticed this??

I used to have a dishwasher that made a sound like the beginning of Blondie's 'Heart of Glass.' The beginning of Gone sounds like the noise my sister's cat made when he got caught by the back foot in the curtain cord. What about those weird instruments Page and Plant used on their mid 90's album?

Desire4Bono said:
I used to have a dishwasher that made a sound like the beginning of Blondie's 'Heart of Glass.'

That's one of the funniest things I ever heard!!!!!

LOLOLOLOL!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

In #41 by Dave Matthews Band, between "why won't you ever be glad/and melt into wonder?" there's a random flute chirp that always makes me think my tires are screeching when I listen to the song in my car.

I often think my telephone rings when it doesn?t.

I create weird sounds on my Access Virus.

Back
Top Bottom