Weird al

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zonelistener

ONE love, blood, life
I am not sure if this belongs in Bang and Clatter or Zoo Confessionals (I'll let the mods decides :sexywink: ).

I am going to see Weird Al on Tuesday night.

OK OK OK...I realize this cuts any "idiecred" I have in HALF, but, it is free, and I should come back with some interesting crowd stories (I feel life is really all about the experiences you have!).

He played in my town just about two weeks ago. The concert promoter flew into town here, and for some strange reason, his bag was shipped to a completely different city. I did a "claim" and we started talking. He lives in the same town as some of my relatives, and he knows my cousin. We got his bag to him, and when he flew out, he offered me tickets and passes to the "meet and greet" for a show in a city not too far away from here. I have a friend in this city, and I have found a way (workwise) that puts me in this city that night.

Anyone else see him? Anything I should expect? Anyone REALLY want his autograph (again, I get to go to a "meet and greet" :lol: - I am hoping for free food and beer, at the least.)

Feel free to throw barbs, eggs and tomatos my way! I will be the first to the wall.

NO WAY!!! I'm sooooo jealous. I've been wanting to see him for so long, and now that he's come around here again, I have no money! :mad:

m-m-m-my bologna!

I don't think you loose your indiecred by going to see Weird Al ... if anything Wierd Al is the ultimate indie artist (ie, he's not considered mainstream).

I wanna see pics of you and Weird Al hanging out together :lol:

weirdal180x180.jpg

I had the chance to see Al last summer - he was playing a free show at a fair nearby - but I didn't go. :( I heard it was awesome. Have a great time Zoney!!

"That's when I swore that someday... someday I would get out of that basement and travel to a magical, faraway place where the sun is always shining and the air smells like warm root beer and the towels are oh so fluffy!" :up:

I saw him a couple years back at our county fair. It was a fun show indeed. He even came out in the whole "Fat" getup when it came time to do that song. And he did a polka version of Marilyn Manson's "The Dope Show", which was quite interesting. :D. That's cool that you're gonna get to see him...you'll have a great time, I guarantee it.

Angela

Weird Al has a universal appeal in all ages and types of people and his comedy is timeless. He is a creative genius.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
UHF... where an unknowing world was first introduced to the man who would be known as The Kramer :up:
Actually, HiaS, Michael Richards was unleashed on an unsuspecting world prior to UHF, on a network comedy skit/improv show called "Fridays".... it was intended to be competition for "Saturday Night Live" and ran on ABC I think. Obviously, it failed miserably....although the image of a tall, lanky Michael Richard trying to manuever in a men's room on roller skates will forever be ingrained in my memory. (Just think: mid-70's disco Kramer & you'll have the picture!!) :lol:

As for the Weird Al show, I know I would definately take advantage of seeing him... especially if free food & drink were involved! :laugh:

He is very entertaining!

I would see him again if the tickets were free! :D

It was a weird show....usually I feel old at shows, but it was a family event, I guess. I had a set of seven year olds in front of me...and they LOVED the show. It was cool to see their enthusiasm for a live show.

:sad: I just read yesterday that Al will continue with his tour as planned, even after "the apparent accidental death of his parents last week". It seems that Mr. & Mrs. Y lit a fire in their home, but forgot to open the flue....they were overtaken in their sleep by carbon monoxide. Seriously! I know it sounds like a bad joke, but it was printed as the truth in my local paper with an AP Wire by-line. What a bummer...loosing both parents at once to something so easily remedied. :sad:

Been a Weird Al fan since he was making fun of Michael Jackson's 'Beat It'....

Really, really friggin sad about his folks. Especially for it to happen to someone who's made his life by making people laugh..... :sigh: :sad:

He recently married and has a daughter, Nina...
At least his parents got to experience becoming grandparents......

Something makes me wonder if it might've been an incident of elder suicide... Mrs. Y was in ill health and I've been to more than one such call with the ambulance.

I can understand it, in a way... people who have been together for so much of their lives would rather die together as well, rather than have to endure losing one another through sickness and pain and funerals....

zonelistener said:

It was a weird show....usually I feel old at shows, but it was a family event, I guess.

I always feel old at shows, too, but then last summer I met a 70 year old man who had driven alone for 3 hours to see Bjork! I refuse to feel old at shows again.

I'm glad you liked the show. I'd do something like that for fun, too, especially for free.

wolfeden said:
Really, really friggin sad about his folks. Especially for it to happen to someone who's made his life by making people laugh..... :sigh: :sad:

No kidding. God, that was such a shock to hear that...I felt so bad for the guy. I remember watching the "Behind The Music" show on him one time, and his parents seemed like such a kindly couple during the show.

Originally posted by wolfeden
He recently married and has a daughter, Nina...

Oh, really? Wow, I didn't know that. That's awesome. :).

Originally posted by wolfeden
Something makes me wonder if it might've been an incident of elder suicide... Mrs. Y was in ill health and I've been to more than one such call with the ambulance.

I can understand it, in a way... people who have been together for so much of their lives would rather die together as well, rather than have to endure losing one another through sickness and pain and funerals....

Ooh...that's creepy...but yeah, I do see what you mean with that.

Angela

That was a terrible shock about his parents:( Talk about a freak thing to happen. How sad.

He has issued an announcement, he said that over the years people have told him that his songs have helped them through in times of tragedy and he thinks his music will help him too so he's going on with the tour.

Back
Top Bottom