Weed, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you'd sat through 150-something bootlegs of the same damn thing, you'd be pretty unfavourable towards ZooTV too.
I dunno if you can blame the band for you disliking ZooTV after doing something like that. Even THEY were well sick of it by the end! :lol:

I dunno if you can blame the band for you disliking ZooTV after doing something like that. Even THEY were well sick of it by the end! :lol:

Yeah, but they were also well sick of Lovetown by the end! Meanwhile, I get to 1990-01-10, Rotterdam, and think "hey, arseholes? 100 more shows, please!" And of course, Bono's all "not if you ask like that", so I just go home and sulk.

(Anyway, they largely brought things upon themselves with regards to ZooTV by keeping it so bloody static. I'd go mad playing the same bloody setlist for two years too.)

See, I've always found the Vertigo Bullet a bit of a letdown. It feels like he's just about to seriously rock out, then ... it's just a bunch of slow, clean notes. I still enjoyed it, but the effects-laden ZooTV one just does so much more for me. And the ZooTV shows where he really gets stuck into it and just about shreds are mindblowing.

If you were hoping for a clone performance of Zoo Bullet, then fair enough... :shrug:

I haven't listened to it yet, but I've downloaded the Zoo gig from the Olympiastadion in Germany, Hitler's massive construction... I got it only because of the way Bill Flanagan describes the show in his book, and that Edge's Bullet solo apparently goes off into acid-rock territory. :ohmy:

Ooh, coolness. And I'll listen to it straight away just to spite you. :tongue:

Hahaha, this made me laugh out loud. I take it you just found the Viva La Vida vs TBA thread?

Oh you kid! Looks like I currently have an incomplete version, so I'll just give you this: loop heaven's end - Google Blog Search and hope you can find a full one, which shouldn't be too hard.

I was aware the thread was there and had viewed it yesterday, but that was before mofo82 came up being concentrated fucktardism.

Yeah, but they were also well sick of Lovetown by the end! Meanwhile, I get to 1990-01-10, Rotterdam, and think "hey, arseholes? 100 more shows, please!" And of course, Bono's all "not if you ask like that", so I just go home and sulk.

(Anyway, they largely brought things upon themselves with regards to ZooTV by keeping it so bloody static. I'd go mad playing the same bloody setlist for two years too.)

100 more shows could have potentially prevented them from recording One, too. :love:

If you were hoping for a clone performance of Zoo Bullet, then fair enough... :shrug:

I haven't listened to it yet, but I've downloaded the Zoo gig from the Olympiastadion in Germany, Hitler's massive construction... I got it only because of the way Bil Flanagan describes the show in his book, and that Edge's solo apparently goes off into acid-rock territory. :ohmy:

Well, it's not that I'd want a clone of ZooTV Bullet, but that I'd want something a bit more rockin' than what we get. The very start of the solo indicates that things are about to get heavy, then he just brings out the slow clean notes. I'm pretty fond of the Elevation Bullet too, which brings the rock without being a ZooTV clone by any stretch.

Ooh, I might have to give that a play, I don't recall listening to that show. Obviously I must've at some point, but I haven't really returned to much on ZooTV in the last couple of years.

:lol: Well, you did say 'please'...

Hey Bonnie! :wave:

*is waiting for part 2 of 20/9/05 Chicago*

Well, it's not that I'd want a clone of ZooTV Bullet, but that I'd want something a bit more rockin' than what we get. The very start of the solo indicates that things are about to get heavy, then he just brings out the slow clean notes. I'm pretty fond of the Elevation Bullet too, which brings the rock without being a ZooTV clone by any stretch.
Don't really remember how Elevation Bullet sounded... :hmm:

And it's the notes he DOESN'T play, you know... :wink: </zen>
They must be very bloody expensive if even he can't afford to splash out often.

Oh you kid! Looks like I currently have an incomplete version, so I'll just give you this: loop heaven's end - Google Blog Search and hope you can find a full one, which shouldn't be too hard.

I was aware the thread was there and had viewed it yesterday, but that was before mofo82 came up being concentrated fucktardism.

Looks like Sordo has it. Will download and see if it's the full version. :up:

God, I love the Internet. For so many reasons.

100 more shows could have potentially prevented them from recording One, too. :love:

Damnit, why didn't my three year old self go and book them on a six month tour of New Zealand? I could have saved us all from One!

*is waiting for part 2 of 20/9/05 Chicago*

Quality gig. Great versions of TEC, Discotheque, and The Fly. :up:

Don't really remember how Elevation Bullet sounded... :hmm:

And it's the notes he DOESN'T play, you know... :wink: </zen>
They must be very bloody expensive if even he can't afford to splash out often.

Think of the Mark Chapman rant.

Ha! He's always been a cheap bastard, just look at Bad's note stinginess. :wink:

And didn't you guys just start a new thread last night??? Another new one again? Holy Crappola! And this with a 1000 post limit, I cannot imagine what would happen with a 500 limit! Granted, you guys were up while we were sleeping. :wink:

Hi folks! :wave:

Somebody archived the Bar prematurely! :wtf:

Khan? :eyebrow: :wink:

Huh, weird. Khan disappeared a few hours ago too.

Though I see whichever mod has been around has merged Obi-Wan's Weed, CA thread into this one, so that's cool. I liked his style. Shame it was made a minute too late. :lol:

And didn't you guys just start a new thread last night??? Another new one again? Holy Crappola! And this with a 1000 post limit, I cannot imagine what would happen with a 500 limit! Granted, you guys were up while we were sleeping. :wink:

Yep, we downed Beer, Devon in 5 hours, 57 minutes. I've wondered just how things would have gone if the 500 post limit still existed, and how we'd be digging for more locations! :lol:

I think we reached 800 posts in only 3 hours. The last 130 posts took 1.5 hours alone.

Pretty good... had masses of Greek food for the second day in a row .. :drool:

You?

Ooooh. :drool: I was sort of babysitting my younger cousins here tonight, originally I was planning to go out on the town but that couldn't be organised, plus I got a bit of a headache.

Oh, and I finished my last driving lesson today, just need to rack up a few more hours and then do the test, then I have my Ps. Yeah, see I didn't bother with driving during high school, which I sort of regret now.

Quality gig. Great versions of TEC, Discotheque, and The Fly. :up:
I still find it bizarre to think of them playing Discotheque at anything other than a Popmart show. :scratch: Never heard an Elevation version... I take it it wasn't played very often.

Think of the Mark Chapman rant.

Ha! He's always been a cheap bastard, just look at Bad's note stinginess. :wink:
Should I know who Mark Chapman is, or what this rant is? :confused: The name kinda rings a bell, but I am in thick mode today.

:tsk: He's as bad as Larry reputedly is ...

I still find it bizarre to think of them playing Discotheque at anything other than a Popmart show. :scratch: Never heard an Elevation version... I take it it wasn't played very often.

The Elevation versions aren't really worth it either, though the Vertigo version is fascinating and I wish they'd done it more than just twice. On Elevation, it started out as frequent, but I'm talking only the first fortnight; it quickly dropped off and only reappeared sporadically from April to August, then disappeared entirely.

I'd certainly say the Popmart versions are definitive, though. And they were snippetry heaven. :drool:

Should I know who Mark Chapman is, or what this rant is? :confused: The name kinda rings a bell, but I am in thick mode today.

:tsk: He's as bad as Larry reputedly is ...

Mark Chapman's the bloke who shot Lennon.

Xoot :lol: Hope Reggo has an okay morning without any headaches. :yikes:
She's usually on MSN by now... :uhoh:
*sends virtual Berocca to her*

Oh, and I finished my last driving lesson today, just need to rack up a few more hours and then do the test, then I have my Ps. Yeah, see I didn't bother with driving during high school, which I sort of regret now.
Yay! :applaud:

I didn't get my licence, or even sit behind the wheel of a car, until I was 22... It sucked that I had to pay for every hour of driving practice I got, since I wasn't living at home, and all my friends were either on their Ps, or had automatic cars. But I got cheaper insurance quicker, since I was older.

Wow, 11 O'Clock frickin rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom