Webcast of KROQ's Almost Acoutic Xmas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it was Zach Galifianakis at first, but the voice didn't match at all. May be the guy in the music video, whoever he is.

I think my roommate has effectively been turned into a Muse fan too! She heard Supermassive Black Hole and said, "I LOVE THIS SONG!!" She obviously didn't know it was Muse. I told her they were awesome; she just hadn't listened to me until now. :lol:

Was anyone else impressed by how good Jimmy Eat World was live? Actually, everyone has been quite good....sadly excluding Modest Mouse (at least a few of their songs sounded good, Paper Thin Walls was a surprise).

OH MY GOD THE END OF STOCKHOLM SYNDROME WITH THE DEAD STAR AND HYPER MUSIC RIFFS :combust::combust::combust:

ANYWAY. Now that I've calmed down... this is one hell of an unpredictable setlist. Stockholm is usually reserved just before the encore break or at the end of the show.

God damn, and Ruled By Secrecy :drool:

Last edited:
Queen Bee said:
OH MY GOD THE END OF STOCKHOLM SYNDROME WITH THE DEAD STAR AND HYPER MUSIC RIFFS :combust::combust::combust:

ANYWAY. Now that I've calmed down... this is one hell of an unpredictable setlist. Stockholm is usually reserved just before the encore break or at the end of the show.

God damn, and Ruled By Secrecy :drool:

I KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! HELL YA... :rockon:

great so far for their last gig of the tour!

onebloodonelife said:
I think my roommate has effectively been turned into a Muse fan too! She heard Supermassive Black Hole and said, "I LOVE THIS SONG!!" She obviously didn't know it was Muse. I told her they were awesome; she just hadn't listened to me until now. :lol:

:up: Woo! Nothing like a good live show to make somebody a fan. My mom likes that song, too :D.

That. Was. AWESOME. I fully agree, I loved how the setlist was varied up a little ("Ruled By Secrecy" was a really nice surprise). Loved watching Matt and Chris kick around the balloons, loved the weird little kick thing Matt did halfway through "Knights Of Cydonia" (which was one hell of a way to finish things off), "Feeling Good" was sexy...good times. Good, good times. Did I mention that I LOVE this band? Loved the Spiderman getup Dom had on, too, as well as the '60s moptop hairdo he was sporting. Nice combination :p.

I didn't see any of the other artists-my dad had to commandeer the computer for a time earlier this evening, so I didn't want to start the thing only to have to cut out halfway through. But overall, a good night, eh, u2popmofo?

Hopefully somebody will have captured the other ones, I'd like to catch how those artists were (as well as show them to some friends who are fans).

But yeah, as for Muse...:bow:. That pretty much sums that up.

Angela

the full setlist...

TaB
MotP + Maggie's Farm
SMBH + Kaos Pad
New Born + Multiple Riffage
Stockholm Syndrome + Dead Star Riff + Hyper Music Riff
Ruled By Secrecy
Feeling Good
Hysteria + Kaos Pad Intro
Starlight + Map of Your Head Intro
TiRO + (Tiro Intro [Shadow something])
PiB + outro
intro + KoC

great show.. short but some great riffs in there ! :drool:

nite all im off to get 3 more hrs of sleep before i have to get up for work :sad: :wave:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
the full setlist...

TaB
MotP + Maggie's Farm
SMBH + Kaos Pad
New Born + Multiple Riffage
Stockholm Syndrome + Dead Star Riff + Hyper Music Riff
Ruled By Secrecy
Feeling Good
Hysteria + Kaos Pad Intro
Starlight + Map of Your Head Intro
TiRO + (Tiro Intro [Shadow something])
PiB + outro
intro + KoC

great show.. short but some great riffs in there ! :drool:

Indeed. Thanks for posting the setlist :up:!

Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever
nite all im off to get 3 more hrs of sleep before i have to get up for work :sad: :wave:

LOL, aw :hug: (hey, at least Muse made staying up late worth it, right?). Good night, sweet dreams-hope you get some decent rest in.

Angela

bono_man2002 said:
Did anyone get video/audio from the webcast?

possibly... someone over at muse.mu messageboards mentioned recording it but I haven't ventured over there yet.. I will check and if there is I will post the link. :D

U2Fanatic4ever said:

possibly... someone over at muse.mu messageboards mentioned recording it but I haven't ventured over there yet.. I will check and if there is I will post the link. :D

There's a torrent over at mininova with all the acts (or at least most of them)....one of the files says Killers.asf....they did not play did they?

anyways, i'm going to get Feist and Muse :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom