WB President Of Production-"No More Movies With Women In The Lead"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Yeah, that's it-it had nothing to do with those two movies being bad. The Invasion was one of the worst movies I have seen this year, and The Brave One was good only for Jodie and Terrence Howard being on the screen. Now I sincerely doubt that that will ever be their actual policy, and there's no need to boycott WB. But what is with some of these Hollywood executives? No wonder so many movies are so bad.

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/warners-robinoff-gets-in-catfight-with-girls/

Further justification that male actors are simply better than female actors. :hmm:

j/k...

ohsnap.gif
:wink:

Give me a fucking break.

Put a good actress in a good role in a good film and it'll be alright.

Natalie Portman should bitchslap him in the face.

Not too much, but I jus' sayin'.

If she's the "bankable female lead" because of her looks + acting ability, and she's not too good in either category, what's gonna happen there?

MrsSpringsteen said:
How are their looks relevant to the topic?

Actually it's fairly relevant. Jodi Foster is a good actress, I'm not talking about her. But Nicole Kidman isn't. Flat fact. She's the supermodel of the A-list stars, and that's the only reason she get leads in so many films.

Lancemc said:

Actually it's fairly relevant. Jodi Foster is a good actress, I'm not talking about her. But Nicole Kidman isn't. Flat fact. She's the supermodel of the A-list stars, and that's the only reason she get leads in so many films.

Yes of course looks in Hollywood are always relevant, but this topic can be discussed without it turning into merely certain types of comments about the looks of certain actresses. Otherwise it sort of proves this guy's point, does it not?

:up:

It doesn't seem fair to call Nicole Kidman a bad actress either. Despite some of her latest movies she has done quite a few good films, enough so that she's won over 30 awards for them. In the scheme of things Warner Brother's probably puts out more movies with male actors that end up bombing at the box office. The production president doesn't come out then and say, "Ah, no more male actors." The main argument here isn't about their looks or even those 2 actresses in general. It's about the president's sexist statement. Do people here really support what he said? :huh:

I don't support what he said.

But I do support Nicole Kidman not appearing in movies. :up:

Back
Top Bottom