Wayne Gretzky Meltdown Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
http://sports.yahoo.com/oly/hockey/news/ap/20020218/ap-gretzkysranthkm.html

The "Great One" wins the official "Just Shut Up and Play" Award.

Wayne,
just so you know, I rooted for your boys in 92 against the Russians, and I rooted for them again in 94 against the Swedes. I especially rooted for Team Canada in 98 so that you yourself could win an Olympic medal. No more-- I hope the Fins shove it up your ass in the quarters!

CWG

what a fucking wanker, most American want to see Canada win if the US doesn't, it's that way in basically every fucking sport in the Olympics you dumb fuck, it was the American press and fans that helped get the Canadian skaters their rightful Gold medals this past week, because they were so outraged, oh for fucks sake Wayne, you are out of touch with reality

And the Europeans want a team from Europe to win

------------------
Olofski
SWEDEN
We move through miracle days Spirit moves in mysterious ways

Well I'm a Canuck and honestly for those who saw the press conference - that was the first time I think I ever saw him show any anger - he is usually so politically correct about everything. He actually showed passion - and the reason why he was so angry was because of the "goon" label we seem to get when we retaliate - then when someone else does it it seems to be just fine. I too think he should have just shut up - but he spoke his mind and maybe with his "us against them" speech livened up the team's attitude - which maybe was all he wanted to do - even if he went about it in a strange way.

And before you start bashing me - yes I think Fleury stayed on Hasek way tooooo long but I don't think he deserved the crosscheck from behind - that was intent if I ever saw it.

hmm. Sounds like Wayne is feeling what it's like to be an American.

"I don't think we dislike those countries as much as they hate us."

hey you know what?
the guy is under a lot of pressure at the moment. it was people like me who put the entire team under this type of microscope-->trust me, he doesn't seriously believe much of that in my opinion, he is just stressed. it's the first time he has been in such a position. now you might say he should not, then, be in the position but he is learning and he will be regretting those remarks soon enough.

he is, however, spot on about the Hamrlik hit. i was pretty pissed when hamrlik wasn't even given a penalty for his crosscheck on fleury. it was viscious, right in front of the net, everyone saw it. even though it was the end of the game he should have at least gotten a minor.

truth is if say canadian defencemen eric brewer does that there would have for sure been a penalty and the media would have wanted a suspension, in my opinion. but roman hamrlik does it to the annoying little canadian fleury(i'm not saying internationally canada is looked as annoying, it is fleury who is a little off his rocker) and nothing happens.
i thought refferee mcreary would be a little bit above that though.

------------------
don't.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom