wayne carey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its disgraceful that the media are so involved.
He's a bastard doing that to his wife but its no ones business. It shouldnt affect his playing career.
Same goes for Shane Warne and the girl in England. It has NOTHING to do with how they play the game.
Blah, we will turn into the English press before we know it!

------------------
I am a cowgirl of funk*

Wasn't the other woman the wife of his team mate?
Unless I am wrong, there is no way he can just waltz back in and be a normal functioning team member. For the team's sake it will be a huge mistake to let him back. There's going to be so much going on off the field there's no way it will be kept off. I heard the team was unamomous sp? in keeping him off anyway. I know its usually the coach and management that decide this, but due to the circumstances, the other players need to have a say in it. Besides all the moral stuff aside, he is not the player he used to be, for the last season or 2 he has been fairly irregular. He has an ego problem and as far as I'm concerned it will do him good to be taken down a peg or 2.
I agree its not our business.
As long as he doesn't come up here I'll be happy.
Normally I'd be laughing at "Roo Boy"'s last hoorah being so scandalous, but at the sake of 2 family's happiness? No way. He's just shown what a true scumbag he is.

I have to disagree that this sort of incident shouldnt affect his playing career...u must remember the guy was the captain of the club and hes run off with the wife of his vice captain, something that has to make the team situation prettymuch untenable. So to answer zoomer- private affairs do affect matters on field if the wrong people are involved.

I doubt if Carey will play for another club (he will never again play for the Roos i have no doubt about that) but i have no problem with him doing so- footy clubs dont really care about moral matters unless its the sort that will cause rifts within a team as this one was.

As far as Carey the player, a year off could see him come back at full fitness, something he hasnt managed since the late 1990s. He hasnt appeared to be as good a player as he was because of these injuries. Clubs with more depth and money than North Melb. wouldve allowed him to take an extended break and have surgery on his various complaints (including osteitus pubus, no joke), but as theyre forever on the edge of the precipice depending on their onfield results and the marketing power of their stars, hes played thru those injuries and missed countless training and recovery sessions, including several full pre seasons.

[This message has been edited by brettig (edited 03-19-2002).]

Q. What's the difference between Ansett and the the Kangeroo vice-captain's wife?

A. Both have been f**ked by a giant Roo.

smile.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Back
Top Bottom