Want To Bet Me *Anything* That Ottawa Wins The Stanley Cup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:( :sad:

Although....I did grow up 10 minutes from Continental Airlines Arena, and have found memories of going to Devils gamse growing up, and own this....
collegefanfare_1738_329476491

i actually had no preference on who would win. but than mikey turned it into a canada vs the usa thing so i had to root for New Jersey. Now I hope the Ducks bury em.

With a nice, clean and soaring jump, I now have two feet on the NJ Devils bandwagon! Go Devils!!!

ps. Zonelistener, the terms of the bet were if Anaheim wins or Ottawa wins, so I still haven't lost yet. If NJ wins the Cup, no one wins the bet. :)

it is the only hockey sweater I own (outside of ones I wear for broomball and the ones my first-year college dorm floor made). I even made sure I packed it when I left Minnesota for Illinois on Wednesday.

Woo hoo. Go Devils. Yeah New Jersey.

:hmm: although, Anaheim is the birthplace of Zonelistener. screw it, I don't like the goofy Ducks - Go Devils.

Michael Griffiths said:
ps. Zonelistener, the terms of the bet were if Anaheim wins or Ottawa wins, so I still haven't lost yet. If NJ wins the Cup, no one wins the bet. :)

:lol:
Awesome!

Wow, are we really cheering for the same team? This might be fun.

:hug:griffdawg and all of Canada:hug:

How can we guarantee an Canadian Eastern Division team in the Finals next year?

i like it better when you guys are bitter rivals and making fun of each other

make all the eastern teams canadian and all the western teams american

zonelistener said:

:lol:
Awesome!

Wow, are we really cheering for the same team? This might be fun.

:hug:griffdawg and all of Canada:hug:

Hey, thanks for the lovin' :wink: Yeah, you and I will be cheering for the Devils! Get your pitchfork! As for how can we guarantee a Canadian Eastern Conference final, there is really no way. The Leafs suck, and the Habs are horrible these days. The finals this year are going to be nothing but icings and trapping, which is why I won't bother watching any of it. I'll just be watching for the results!

Go Devils!!!

Michael Griffiths said:

Hey, thanks for the lovin' :wink: Yeah, you and I will be cheering for the Devils! Get your pitchfork! As for how can we guarantee a Canadian Eastern Conference final, there is really no way. The Leafs suck, and the Habs are horrible these days. The finals this year are going to be nothing but icings and trapping, which is why I won't bother watching any of it. I'll just be watching for the results!

Go Devils!!!

I don't believe a second of it....you'll be watching...and you know it!

By the way, I like your chest tatoo.

Chizip said:
like ive said all along

bye bye ottawa :wave:

Classy Chizip... like I've been saying all along. Too bad for Ottawa, they played valiantly. Brodeur was shaky enough for the Sens to pull it off, but as always... the Devils stingy D had the answer.

Boo Ottawa fans... don't throw stuff on the ice.

It looks like there are two camps here at interference... chizzer and me with the Ducks, and the listener/sinister team of the Devils. Should prove interesting.

I am relieved though... I don't have to write love poetry to chizip. Unless you want me to :sexywink:...

Now it's just a matter of whether Griffey will be writing pages and pages of Paul Kariya magic.

Ducks in 6 (like I've been saying all along)

PS- by all along, I mean after Det was eliminated.

Classy post, Cujo. The Devils simply are an offensive sucking machine. They're like a vaccuum cleaner that sucks away anything resembling skill and creativity. But, hey, it wins games. Too bad the ratings in the US are now about equal to Little House on the Prairie, though. The NHL will have to figure something out, or this sport is in big trouble down South.

Trust me the NHL was rooting for New Jersey. The 2 largest US markets are in the finals, which should be the best for their ratings.

Yes, the Canadian Sucking Machine is going down on America.

Was that your point Mikey? :wink:

lmao.

Chizer, no, my point is that the ratings are suffering in a big way right now (regardless of two American teams making it to the finals) because of the defensive, dragging to a stand still hockey that's being played. Yes, two American teams in the finals is much more economically viable for NHL, but just imagine how much more viable it would be if people actually cared? That's my point. :wink:

I just came here real quick to check the final outcome. :sad:

I swear I didn't watch tonight, honestly! The place I was at was showing basketball (ps - Pistons :mad: ).

OK, I guess I am on the Sinister bandwagon now (esp after being made a *true* honorary Canuck by Michael tonight, lol :wink: ) and will break out my dusty, red NJ Devils jersey this weekend!

GO DEVILS!!!

Michael Griffiths said:
lmao.

Chizer, no, my point is that the ratings are suffering in a big way right now (regardless of two American teams making it to the finals) because of the defensive, dragging to a stand still hockey that's being played. Yes, two American teams in the finals is much more economically viable for NHL, but just imagine how much more viable it would be if people actually cared? That's my point. :wink:

More people here in the US need to watch hockey. :mad:

i think ratings have a lot more to do with poor marketing and player promotion than the stlye of play

i think people are too worried about ratings, who cares? tons of people watch stupid ass reality tv, does that make it good? no

hockey has its own niche of die hard fans, who are bigger fans than any other sport, so who cares if the ratings arent that good

Okay, just for you, I'll make this not about ratings, but simply for the good of the game. Ask most hockey purist -- heck, ask any big fan who knows the game -- and they'll tell you they'd rather see an Ottawa/Vancouver/St.Louis/Colorado, etc style of hockey at this time of year, than say the Devils and the Ducks. It's as simple as that.

i just asked Gretzky, he said his ideal finals matchup was NJ vs the Ducks

so if you wanna argue, take it up with him

Back
Top Bottom