Want To Bet Me *Anything* That Ottawa Wins The Stanley Cup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Michael Griffiths said:
They were scared. Canada is the greatest hockey power on Earth, and they knew they would lose credibility if they beat us on screen.

Yes, so they played Jamaica... I think the movie producers were confused as to which Kingston was a hockey-factory. Obviously they needed to do more research.

cujo said:

Yes, so they played Jamaica... I think the movie producers were confused as to which Kingston was a hockey-factory. Obviously they needed to do more research.

No kidding--remember that "hockey goes back to the streets" sequence? Where they "relearn" to play hockey in an LA ghetto?

They could have at least made it a Canadian ghetto, so there was ice. Call me crazy, but I believe the sport of choice in America's inner cities is basketball.

Michael Griffiths said:
Ottawa will win this baby in 7.

: slightchucklefollowedbyuproariouslaughterandthenalittlebitofsilencefollowedbymoreuproariouslaughter :

Cudos Michael... at least you make things interesting. So, have you and your ten-foot pole decided to hop aboard the ever-shrinking Ottawa bandwagon? Methinks your lunacy has met new heights... :wink:

You will see, my friend, you will see. Ottawa didn't win the president's trophy for nothing (impeachment or no impeachment), and they're not about to let it slip through their fingers that easily! They will win the next game in Ottawa. They know all too well what defeat tastes like. They will avoid that suffering this time. If they win the 5th game in Ottawa (which I believe they will), like Vancouver did, they will steal the 6th in NJ, and will have the definite edge going back to Ottawa should they stretch it out that far. Ottawa has also carried the play in almost every game, but have given the game away at various times. If they can sustain their best play for 60 minutes at a time, NJ is toast.

Whatever you say my friend... originally I thought Ottawa would take Game 5, but now I don't think they've got the gumption for a comeback. Regardless of the outcome in Game 5, NJ will be victorious... like I told you a month ago.

Quack Quack Quack... is that your campaign for re-election? Your constituency will definitely agree... :wink:

spezza_jason_340x290_10533997708455.jpg

The Kid has arrived

Spezza is a tool... damn them changing their line-up.

But I won't back down... NJ's gonna stand it's ground.

NJ better stand their ground, because they looked like they were skating through a Senator war zone tonight.

Jacque Martin is an idiot. Why wasn't Spezza in the lineup right from the beginning? Did you see Coach's Corner today after the game? They were going over Spezza's stats, and there's no way he should have been playing in the minors. It's all about $$$. And then you have Martin playing his performance down after the game. What a tool.

I agree... they should have put Spezza in earlier, give the team the rookie boost.

My sister served Jacque Martin once at Joe Fortes in Vancouver, and said he was a tool. I guess she was right. That interview was a disgrace. If I were Spezza, I'd be right pissed.

An inspiring speech by Roger Nielsen might give them that extra drive to succeed... but then again, chizip brings up an undeniable point.

Ottawa... the Capital of losing :eyebrow:

Roger Nielsen is legendary. You know why the Canucks (and now the rest of the Canadian) fans started waving white towels at playoff games, right? Roger Nielsen started it all. He was the coach of the Vancouver Canucks back in '82 when the Canucks went to the finals. The night when they were blown out (or was it bad officiating, I can't remember) Roger Nielsen, in all his legendary glory, took a stick and placed a white towel over it, waving it around: "We Surrender" was the statement. It was classic. After that, an entrepreneur sold white towels to everyone who came to the games, and the tradition was born. And now teams all across the country do it. All started by Roger.

He just received the Order of Canada as well. Congrats, Roger. Hope you get better soon!

The tradition started after "outrageous" officiating... Roger waved the white flag, since there was no point in even trying.

Or maybe, he was sick of the revolution! :wink:

kind of like your rhetoric after leading minny 3-1

what goes around comes around my friend

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom