Want To Bet Me *Anything* That Ottawa Wins The Stanley Cup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 91 Canada Cup was the last time I saw the Gretzky of the 80s. Every game he was dominating. But I digress...I was going to ask you, did you watch the 93 semifinals (Kings against Toronto)? Were you a Leaf fan at that time? Game 7 was vintage Gretz.

Wasn't a Leaf fan at the time... you're exposing my inadequacies as a long term fan Michael. I've been an Oilers fan all my life, and a Curtis fan since his days with the Oil... I adopted further teams when he signed with them. But, I do remember vaguely that West Semi-final...

Potvin :mad:... finally, something we can agree on :wink:

Hey, that's okay...I didn't become a hockey fan 'till 89, when the Flames went to the finals and beat Montreal. I was 12 then. I wish I started watching when I was 8, so I could have seen Gretz in all his glory. His best season, though many may not know, was '85, which would have been a perfect time to start watching. He scored a ridiculous 47 points in only 18 playoff games that year! He also scored 2.77 points per game during the regular season. Ridiculous. But, yeah, I didn't start watching hockey till later either.

We are sad Canadians... we should be thrown out of the country. Shame shame.

PS- I'm so gonna whoop your ass in the Finals

Go team Double C AV

You know, this finals is interesting for me, 'cause deep down I want Anaheim to win, since I've always liked Paul Karyia ("Little Gretzky"), and because I detest NJ. But, at the same time, I don't want to write love poetry to Paul K. So, really, this is a win win situation for me, no matter what happens. If NJ wins, I don't have to write poetry, but if Anaheim wins, I'll be happy for them. I will say that should Anaheim win the Cup, I think it would be great for the sport. Imagine the publicity the Stanley Cup would be given by Disney? I can just see Mickey hoisting it now. It's a marketing dream. Should be interesting...

Hilarious. He's like Wayne's mini me. He is tiny, hey? Like, really tiny. I can't believe he's lasted this long in the NHL. I mean, the guy's the size of a jockey or something, a jockey on skates!

Where's all the ladies tonight?

Is it just you, me, and a jock? That's a very disturbing Saturday night if you ask me :wink:

Do you know who Gordon Pinsent is? I met him tonight at an awards ceremony for the Canadian Actor's Union (ACTRA).

Yes, believe me, I know...I'm reading the script of the Architect scene from Reloaded right now in the Matrix thread...I told everyone I was going to bed early tonight, but I just couldn't do it. And now everyone is gone. I guess I'm the only attraction in this place? Everyone must leave if I'm not here? I just don't know.

cujo said:
Do you know who Gordon Pinsent is? I met him tonight at an awards ceremony for the Canadian Actor's Union (ACTRA).
Yeah, he's a Canadian legend of sorts, isn't he? He's been on several Canadian TV shows, if I remember...he was in a hockey series once, right? So are you a budding actor, or were you just at the ceromony?

You just couldn't resist my witty banter.

It's ok, many have fallen ill to my trash talk.

Michael Griffiths said:

Yeah, he's a Canadian legend of sorts, isn't he? He's been on several Canadian TV shows, if I remember...he was in a hockey series once, right? So are you a budding actor, or were you just at the ceromony?

Not so much... most of my bio stuff is in my profile. I'm attempting a Master's in Architecture coincidentally...

cujo said:

Not so much... most of my bio stuff is in my profile. I'm attempting a Master's in Architecture coincidentally...
Ah, a math wizard. That's why you and Chiz get on so well...two math wizards...(not that I know he's a math wizard, but he's good with graphics, so you never know).

Michael Griffiths said:

Ah, a math wizard. That's why you and Chiz get on so well...two math wizards...(not that I know he's a math wizard, but he's good with graphics, so you never know).

Freudian slip... I do get along with chizzer, but I don't "get it on" with him.

Michael and his fantasies... fantasizes about dynasty teams, little Gretzkys, and C on C action... :sexywink:

Oh grow up Michael... really.

All those years at Chippendale University... I thought you would have gained some perspective. All you got is a degree in shirt between legs shimmying... sheesh

:wink:

Michael Griffiths said:
You know, this finals is interesting for me, 'cause deep down I want Anaheim to win, since I've always liked Paul Karyia ("Little Gretzky"), and because I detest NJ. But, at the same time, I don't want to write love poetry to Paul K. So, really, this is a win win situation for me, no matter what happens. If NJ wins, I don't have to write poetry, but if Anaheim wins, I'll be happy for them. I will say that should Anaheim win the Cup, I think it would be great for the sport. Imagine the publicity the Stanley Cup would be given by Disney? I can just see Mickey hoisting it now. It's a marketing dream. Should be interesting...

Michael, how could you? :sad:

This lady was also sleeping while you two boys were arguing, er, "debating". :sexywink: However, this hockey chick thoughroughly enjoyed reading every post! :yes: :up:

Griffdawg rocks!

Michael Griffiths said:
...I told everyone I was going to bed early tonight, but I just couldn't do it. And now everyone is gone. I guess I'm the only attraction in this place? Everyone must leave if I'm not here? I just don't know.

:lol: :lmao: :lol:

Oh, I love to cockeyness! That was an awesome statement! :up: :lol:

cujo said:

All those years at Chippendale University... I thought you would have gained some perspective. All you got is a degree in shirt between legs shimmying... sheesh

:laugh:

The things you boys get up to when we leave you alone...

cujo said:

It's not the degree that's important, Cuj, it's the doors it opens for you :wink:

Michael Griffiths said:

It's not the degree that's important, Cuj, it's the doors it opens for you :wink:

Uh oh, I sense a pole-dancing story coming on... please don't open those doors.

Shimmy, shimmy.

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:
if disney wins the cup, ill kill all of you.

i recommend you all cheer for n.j.

Pirate of the Caribbean?

I will smack you with a blunt object. Retreat to the crow's nest unless you desire a royal rogering.

:mac:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom