Walmart cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anitram

Blue Crack Addict
Somebody ordered a cake from Walmart for a departing employee.

This is what was delivered:

best-wishes-suzanne-under-neat-that-we-will-miss-you.jpg

Best cake message ever.

:giggle: Took me a few seconds to figure out what the second line referred to...

Back when I worked retail there was a period when it was just me and one of my employees working the closing shift. He was a really sweet guy, but very slow, and when I asked him if he'd mind doing the closing announcements ("Good evening everyone, we'd like to remind you we'll be closing in 10 minutes...") so that I could focus on shutting down the registers and computers, he got an anxious look on his face and said "Well...OK...but you'd better write down exactly what I need to say or I'll mess it up, 'cause every time I do a page, I press the wrong button or forget what I'm supposed to say or something." So I dutifully wrote out the little spiel I always said, complete with "[Press Page]" and "[Press Release]" cues bookending it to help him remember which buttons to push. Of course when he went to do it the first time, he wound up saying "Press Release" while still on the PA, followed by this confused silence and then the loud clatter of him hanging up the phone (without in fact pressing Release). :lol: It took a lot of coaxing to get him to try it again after that...poor guy.

A friend emailed that to me a couple of weeks ago :lol:

I won't shop there. I did that one time, but that was merely out of convenience and not having to spend $20 in gas to drive across town to get what I needed. I swore never again. It was incredibly schlocky.

The best mistake we ever had was when my birthday cake said "Happy Birthday Pat" instead of "Happy Birthday Kat". My boyfriend didn't realize it until after he'd brought it home.

OK, I'm an admitted 'wordie', but is it not bothering the SNOT out of anyone else that the damn cake reads, 'under neat'??? Not only did somebody miss the fact that there's supposed to be an 'h' after the 'n-e-a-t', but they failed to realize that it's a single word! :banghead:

:reject: It's a losing battle - I really need to learn how to just let these things go. :tsk:

BluRmGrl said:
OK, I'm an admitted 'wordie', but is it not bothering the SNOT out of anyone else that the damn cake reads, 'under neat'??? Not only did somebody miss the fact that there's supposed to be an 'h' after the 'n-e-a-t', but they failed to realize that it's a single word! :banghead:

A nice testament to the failure of the public school system?

It's a bit incomprehensible to me that people are that illiterate. English is my third language - if I can get it right, a native speaker damn well should too.

Back
Top Bottom