Wait for the Summer - Brought to you by the CSGWs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Cassie :wave: Good weekend? New avatar? :wink:

Excellent weekend so far! :D Yep, and a new av. I was digging the B&W theme. :drool: How are you tonight?

Oh, but I think the av is going to change now...I found a funny one from this week's episode. :laugh: :hmm: Maybe I'll wait a couple days to change it instead...:wink:

Excellent weekend so far! :D Yep, and a new av. I was digging the B&W theme. :drool: How are you tonight?

Oh, but I think the av is going to change now...I found a funny one from this week's episode. :laugh: :hmm: Maybe I'll wait a couple days to change it instead...:wink:

Jolly good :D Have those two characters actually gotten together yet...? Because their English equivalents became a couple at the end of the second series, when The Office ended, and I don't know how they would have carried them on as a couple in the series? I don't think it would've worked really.

:lol: I'll look forward to the change, anyway! I'm very well tonight, just wishing the weekend away really.

That's just too deep for me Emma, this isn't philosophy class :tsk:

Welcome back Cassie :wave:

I like it deep, John :yes:

*sigh, if only Wild had been here to make that one instead*

Welcome back Cassie :wave:

:wave: Hey John!

Jolly good :D Have those two characters actually gotten together yet...? Because their English equivalents became a couple at the end of the second series, when The Office ended, and I don't know how they would have carried them on as a couple in the series? I don't think it would've worked really.

:lol: I'll look forward to the change, anyway! I'm very well tonight, just wishing the weekend away really.

Yep, they're together and engaged. They got engaged in the season premiere this year (which is the 5th). Sometimes they do have some rather cutesy sub-plots between them for no reason, but it's gotten better in the second half of the season.

Good! :D Why are you wishing the weekend away? :wink:

I like it deep, John :yes:

*sigh, if only Wild had been here to make that one instead*

:ohmy:

:lmao: :laugh: :lmao:

:wave: Hey John!

Yep, they're together and engaged. They got engaged in the season premiere this year (which is the 5th). Sometimes they do have some rather cutesy sub-plots between them for no reason, but it's gotten better in the second half of the season.

Good! :D Why are you wishing the weekend away? :wink:

Not for the more obvious reasons actually! :lol: I'm getting really bored on the weekends at the moment, seeing everyday is sort of like a weekend where I see my friends, do no work and hang around in cafes all day. At weekends, I just do nothing because we've all done things in the week and have nothing left to do :lol:

I think that'd be interesting to see... actually, anything after the 2nd season! I saw the American office the other day, and it was an early episode and the plot almost EXACTLY like the UK episode. I wonder how they write the later ones :hmm:

HEY! :grumpy: so this is what happens while I'm at work...

:lmao:

UH OH!

You caught us :tsk:

Not for the more obvious reasons actually! :lol: I'm getting really bored on the weekends at the moment, seeing everyday is sort of like a weekend where I see my friends, do no work and hang around in cafes all day. At weekends, I just do nothing because we've all done things in the week and have nothing left to do :lol:

I think that'd be interesting to see... actually, anything after the 2nd season! I saw the American office the other day, and it was an early episode and the plot almost EXACTLY like the UK episode. I wonder how they write the later ones :hmm:

:lol: Well, that's much less exciting than I thought it was going to be. :wink: It makes sense though...I do like my weeks more sometimes because at least I'm doing stuff. :lol:

Yeah, you should watch some of the later episodes! Season three and four are both great, but for way different reasons. Four's more ridiculous, I think.

There's a team of writers, including a good chunk of the cast: Mindy Kaling, who plays Kelly Kapoor, the customer service person; B.J. Novak, who plays Ryan, the temp; Paul Lieberstein, who plays Toby, the HR guy; and Steve Carell's written a couple episodes too. Then, there's still a bunch of others who aren't on the show. Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant are still executive producers on the U.S. show, and they visit the sets and stuff to keep in touch with it. :up: Other than that, the U.S. writers have had the freedom to develop the characters past the original show quite a bit. I think at the beginning Ricky and Stephen gave the team of writers ideas about where they felt like the characters were going, and the writers have used some of that stuff as well.

Cassie what did you think of the last episode of the Office?

I was shocked when Pam went with Michael...and Jim let her! If they leave the office for an extended period of time, I feel like the dynamic will be gone, and the show might lose some of its magic for me. This episode made it pretty obvious that they're building up to the season finale now, which I'm excited and scared to see. :lol:

But! the guy who plays Charles Minor is only signed on for 6 episodes total, so 4 more. Then, I don't know what's going to happen...and Steve Carell's under contract for 2 or 3 more seasons, so they aren't going to have him leave for real, at least that's what I'm hoping...

What did you think of it?

I was shocked when Pam went with Michael...and Jim let her! If they leave the office for an extended period of time, I feel like the dynamic will be gone, and the show might lose some of its magic for me. This episode made it pretty obvious that they're building up to the season finale now, which I'm excited and scared to see. :lol:

But! the guy who plays Charles Minor is only signed on for 6 episodes total, so 4 more. Then, I don't know what's going to happen...and Steve Carell's under contract for 2 or 3 more seasons, so they aren't going to have him leave for real, at least that's what I'm hoping...

What did you think of it?

I'm not sure it was weird, some of the comments were brilliant though. "I'm aware of the effect I have on women", "Michael's like an inflight movie...", where classics though.

I think Michael might end up teaming up with Prince Family Paper, seeing as he drove them out of business. And the office will go to hell quickly because it doesn't look like the new guy is doing a very good job, Kevin on phones:wink:

I'm not sure it was weird, some of the comments were brilliant though. "I'm aware of the effect I have on women", "Michael's like an inflight movie...", where classics though.

I think Michael might end up teaming up with Prince Family Paper, seeing as he drove them out of business. And the office will go to hell quickly because it doesn't look like the new guy is doing a very good job, Kevin on phones:wink:

:laugh: Those were a couple of my favorite moments! Otherwise, I agree, it was a weird episode.

:hmm: Maybe...that would be weird too though. I don't know how well he'd fit into that business.

John!

Good but i'm super duper tired!!!
But it was worth it all:wink:

How are you Cassie?

I'm doing great, thanks! Why so tired, and it's still worth it in the end? :wink: :lol:

Too far. :lol: I haven't sat down to write anything substantial yet, but hopefully that will change after tonight. Today, I've been reading through about 75 pages worth of interviews and reviews from the past few years with Okkervil River. :crazy:

The problem for me right now is that I have so many things that I want to say or know that I want to talk about that it's hard for me to linearly put together the paper in my head. :lol: And, this is why I tend to write random sections of papers, and then fit them together later, and work in connecting themes, if need be. I have a bizarre working style...:reject: :lol:

Too far. :lol: I haven't sat down to write anything substantial yet, but hopefully that will change after tonight. Today, I've been reading through about 75 pages worth of interviews and reviews from the past few years with Okkervil River. :crazy:

The problem for me right now is that I have so many things that I want to say or know that I want to talk about that it's hard for me to linearly put together the paper in my head. :lol: And, this is why I tend to write random sections of papers, and then fit them together later, and work in connecting themes, if need be. I have a bizarre working style...:reject: :lol:

:crack: That'd make me go :crazy: too.

If the writing style works than it isn't that bizarre. :up: I actually wish I could write papers like that. It sounds a lot easier in a way. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom